ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ghost Pepper Wings Are Back At Popeyes For A Limited Time
Fish 10:14 PM 09-14-2020
These are crazy delicious, if you missed these during the previous limited sale....

Ghost Pepper Wings Are Back At Popeyes For A Limited Time

Popeyes welcomes back Ghost Pepper Wings as the chain’s latest limited time offering.

The returning fan-favorites feature bone-in chicken wingettes and drumettes marinated in an “exotic blend of peppers” including a “dash” of ghost peppers – battered and breaded in a Southern style crispy coating and deep-fried until golden and crispy.

Ghost Pepper Wings are available in a variety of options, including 6-piece and 12-piece combos served with one regular side, a biscuit and drink, plus your choice of dipping sauce. Dinner options are also available minus the drink.

They’re also offering the Ultimate Wing Bundle, where you get 24-pieces of Ghost Pepper Wings served with your choice of 4 regular sides, 4 biscuits, 4 drinks and 4 dipping sauces for $29.99, although prices may vary by location.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...s-back-on-menu
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:14 PM 09-15-2020
Damn, just had some WingStop Mango-Habeneros for dinner last night.

I wanna try these but my stomach can't take two consecutive days of spicy chicken.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:14 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wish their dipping sauces weren't ass.
Whoa whoa, buddy. Their Sweet Heat sauce is legit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:15 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I wanna try these but my stomach can't take two consecutive days of spicy chicken.
I used to eat the atomic wings at Wing Stop (go to the one on Choteau Trafficway!) but after my stomach surgery, I haven't had the courage yet.
[Reply]
scho63 01:19 PM 09-15-2020

Just LOVE the combo of Mango Habenero! :-)

Yesterday I had wings at an Irish bar Fibber Magees and ordered the wings with Sweet Chili and Hot then mixed 'em together.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:22 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCTea:
Eh. Think I'll pass. Dang things gonna be too spicy to enjoy, I bet.
This.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:24 PM 09-15-2020
I wish their dipping sauces weren't ass.

Even looking at that tub of plasticy 'ranch' dip kills my appetite. How can they not have a single halfway decent dipping sauce?

I pretty much just grab the little plastic ketchup package of texas petes and that's that. They don't even have a mediocre option.
What? I love their blackened ranch sauce. Goes perfectly with the spicy tenders. That was my go-to meal before they came out with the sandwich. And I mainly grab the sandwich now because the dining area is closed because of the covid crap. I prefer to eat the tenders at the restaurant. The sandwich is better for drive thru.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:43 PM 09-15-2020
Whoa whoa, buddy. Their Sweet Heat sauce is legit.
Not enough heat - just tastes like sugar to me.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
What? I love their blackened ranch sauce. Goes perfectly with the spicy tenders. That was my go-to meal before they came out with the sandwich. And I mainly grab the sandwich now because the dining area is closed because of the covid crap. I prefer to eat the tenders at the restaurant. The sandwich is better for drive thru.
Ugh - it's, like, yellow. It has so much potential but it just falls on its face because you can literally taste the shelf-stabilizers in it. I pretty much hate grocery store ranch dressing so maybe that's the problem - anything like that tends to have cheap mayo as its base and it just tastes way to sour to me. Duke's Mayo is the only mayo I'll use and it's a fantastic salad dressing base.

I've had to take to making my own ranch dressing because bars and restaurants that make their 'scratch' dressings are the only places that have decent ranch.

If they'd package their spicy chicken sandwich sauce, I'd be in, though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM 09-15-2020
Bottom line: I just hoard McDonalds spicy mustard packets anytime we're on a road trip and the kids request chicken nuggets. We won't let them have dips in the car so it's 6 spicy mustard packages and into the fridge they go when we get home.

That shit's great on anything. And the 'sawsome sauce at Wendy's is pretty legit as well.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:51 PM 09-15-2020
Man, you're one picky sonofabitch, aren't you? :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:56 PM 09-15-2020
Had 'em for lunch.

htismaqe nailed it - last time they were on the menu they were amazing. This time the wings were scrawny and the grease wasn't quite hot enough so they countered by cooking them longer. So they ended up greasier and with a slight charred flavor rather than that nice hard crunch and a juicy wing.

The flavor of them is still damn good - but it was definitely not a strong effort. I'll give 'em another go before they're gone because they're awfully tasty but it's funny that Popeyes inconsistency was specifically noted and sho 'nuff, they had an off day.

At least they got my order right - that's a nice change for Popeyes...
Well shit now I am going to have to go try them.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:01 PM 09-15-2020
I also get the feeling that DJ's local Popeye's kind of sucks. I've never had an issue at mine.

Of course, mine's right next door to a Chick-Fil-A, so I can only assume that really keeps them on their toes.
[Reply]
Pointer19 02:21 PM 09-15-2020
I've had to take to making my own ranch dressing because bars and restaurants that make their 'scratch' dressings are the only places that have decent ranch.

If they'd package their spicy chicken sandwich sauce, I'd be in, though.
My mom’s the only person I’ve ever know to ask if the restaurant’s ranch is homemade wherever we go. There are two of you!

Agreed on the spicy sandwich sauce.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:33 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I also get the feeling that DJ's local Popeye's kind of sucks. I've never had an issue at mine.

Of course, mine's right next door to a Chick-Fil-A, so I can only assume that really keeps them on their toes.
The one up north is the worst.

The one by my office is usually legit. They just didn't have it today.

There is never a better meal in your entire life than a ziplock bag of cold spicy popeyes pulled from the beer cooler at a sand-bar on a float trip.

I'm pretty sure the only reason I even go on float trips anymore is so can get stagger through the first couple of hours of that trip (the friday night pre-games are pretty epic), fall down on the rocks half-hung over, half drunk, devour that first biscuit and proceed to eat 8 pieces of cold spicy chicken while hammering Busch heavy (yes, this is an acceptable float trip beer).

It's pretty much vindication for all the shit you go through the other 364 days of the year. At that point you remember why you even bother most mornings. Because at some point you're gonna get that damn float trip lunch and it will all be worth it.
[Reply]
sedated 04:25 PM 09-15-2020
Bottom line: I just hoard McDonalds spicy mustard packets anytime we're on a road trip and the kids request chicken nuggets. We won't let them have dips in the car so it's 6 spicy mustard packages and into the fridge they go when we get home.

That shit's great on anything. And the 'sawsome sauce at Wendy's is pretty legit as well.
McD's still has spicy mustard? I asked for it like 5 years ago and they said they only had honey mustard (which was a joke, it might as well have been mayo).
[Reply]
sedated 04:29 PM 09-15-2020
Wings just don't seem like something that should be breaded. I don't know what it is.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up