ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will the Chiefs sign a RB
Mecca 03:22 PM 09-14-2020
Supposedly they wanted Peterson but only after week 1...about all that's left is Devonta Freeman and Lamar Miller, so does it happen?
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:58 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because Washington is even worse at both.
did they re-sign Washington? He was released on 09-05
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:02 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
did they re-sign Washington? He was released on 09-05
He's on the Practice Squad
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:03 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's on the Practice Squad
oh okay, gotcha. Hope all is well there and you're staying safe.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:19 AM 09-15-2020
I think last Thursday proved CEH's talent is undeniable but for this Chiefs team the main goal is to be fresh and all cylinders firing around playoff time. I don't foresee CEH being able to maintain 20-25+ touches for 16 weeks. Gotta limit his carries during the season and set him free for playoffs.

1 of 2 things need to happen, they allow Darrel Williams to touch the ball more often or they sign a veteran RB who they trust more.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:54 AM 09-15-2020
Williams is slow, but he was a good chain mover last year. I can’t remember any carries he got in which he failed to convert.

We should still get another RB, but I don’t think we need a goal line back or anybody like that. Just get a guy who can take some carries off Clyde’s back and doesn’t completely suck
[Reply]
chinaski 11:56 AM 09-15-2020
Spencer Ware is available.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:59 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Spencer Ware is available.
Is Spencer actually healthy enough to play? I thought he was still rehabbing or recovering. Overall, I'd much rather have Ware backing up CEH. He's a little better runner than Darrel, as good or better a receiver, and at least as good a blocker.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:15 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Is Spencer actually healthy enough to play? I thought he was still rehabbing or recovering. Overall, I'd much rather have Ware backing up CEH. He's a little better runner than Darrel, as good or better a receiver, and at least as good a blocker.
Spencer Ware is 1,000 times better than either Darrel Williams and Darwin Award Thompson and it's not even fucking close.

He's an excellent blocker, runner, receiver and very slippery for a man his size. If he was healthy and on the Chiefs roster, I'd have no issues with the current running back group but I don't think he's healthy enough to play in the NFL at this point in time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:42 PM 09-15-2020
Ware looked even slower than Darrel last year.

Healthy or not, he looked like a dude that was flat out done last season. Maybe Darrel Williams is a 'never was' but Ware has all the earmarks of a 'has been'. He's more than a couple steps slower than the Ware that made his name here. I don't think he has the threshhold athleticism necessary to be a runningback in this league anymore.

Now if you're content w/ using any touch he gets as a placeholder that's not really designed to do anything other than give CEH a break, then his reliability in pass pro may make him a useful option. Even then, it's not in a true '3rd down back' role because I think he's too slow to be of use out of the backfield.

I'd rather give Williams a few more carries to see what his ceiling can be. I'd rather see if he can be a guy that gives you 100 carries at 3.75 yards/carry and can occasionally move a pile.

Because I'm pretty convinced that Ware isn't that guy at this stage of his career. He looked REALLY awful last season. I mean shockingly bad. There was a reason a Colts team with an unsettled running back situation cut him out of camp and then he stayed unsigned. The guy's washed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:49 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because I'm pretty convinced that Ware isn't that guy at this stage of his career. He looked REALLY awful last season. I mean shockingly bad. There was a reason a Colts team with an unsettled running back situation cut him out of camp and then he stayed unsigned. The guy's washed.
He may be too beat up by injuries to play in the NFL again but I'd take 2015-2018 Spencer Ware any day of the week over Darrel Williams or Darwin Award.

I don't think the Chiefs need a #2 Feature Back but a guy like the old Spencer Ware getting 7-10 touches per game would be ideal.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:52 PM 09-15-2020

I just spoke to RB Devonta Freeman. He told me as of right now, he prefers to wait at least one more week to evaluate his options, because for him it's more important to have the opportunity to compete within his position group.

— IG: JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) September 15, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:00 PM 09-15-2020
He may be too beat up by injuries to play in the NFL again but I'd take 2015-2018 Spencer Ware any day of the week over Darrel Williams or Darwin Award.

I don't think the Chiefs need a #2 Feature Back but a guy like the old Spencer Ware getting 7-10 touches per game would be ideal.
No question - I'd LOVE to get that version of him. He'd be absolutely perfect. His performance in what was effectively his swan song against the Ravens was incredible. The dude was just running his ass off out there. And he'd been doing it for a couple weeks at that point - he was running mean and aggressive. He was powerful and decisive and was a perfect #2 RB.

But he gone. I mean he was effectively a year removed from that Ravens injury when he got his shot here last year and there was NOTHING.

I'm going to take this opportunity to stump for Mike Boone (again) or Gus Edwards. Ravens would never give us Edwards (who I think can be a 1,200 yard back somewhere) but Boone's buried in MN. I'm not sure he's even their 3rd RB.

I've been calling for that guy since I watched him in pre-season in 2019. He is absolutely an NFL caliber player. I'd flip a day 3 pick to MN for him. He's an RFA next season w/ no track record to speak of so you can probably get him on a fairly cheap little 2 year extension and you'd have damn nice complementary backs through 2022.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No question - I'd LOVE to get that version of him. He'd be absolutely perfect. His performance in what was effectively his swan song against the Ravens was incredible. The dude was just running his ass off out there. And he'd been doing it for a couple weeks at that point - he was running mean and aggressive. He was powerful and decisive and was a perfect #2 RB.

But he gone.
And it's just such a damn shame.

I personally LOVED Ware's running style because he was so powerful yet so slippery and was fantastic as a receiver as well. It was also pretty obvious that both he and Charcandrick were great lockerroom guys that were loved by all but unfortunately, both suffered similar fates due to injuries.

All that said, I'm certain Brett Veach is scouring practice squads and rosters across the league because if we're seeing it, he's already working on a solution.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:03 PM 09-15-2020
And it's just such a damn shame.

I personally LOVED Ware's running style because he was so powerful yet so slippery and was fantastic as a receiver as well. It was also pretty obvious that both he and Charcandrick were great lockerroom guys that were loved by all but unfortunately, both suffered similar fates due to injuries.

All that said, I'm certain Brett Veach is scouring practice squads and rosters across the league because if we're seeing it, he's already working on a solution.
It really is - for his sake.

He simply stole a job in the league. Top 20 national prospect, one of the premier RB recruits in football, goes to an ascending powerhouse in LSU and almost immediately gets layered and battles injuries. Made a poor decision to leave early, gets cut, ends up on a PS....I mean we've seen this story 1000 times and it always goes poorly.

But he just kept working and made himself a valuable NFL player. And in the end he made $6 million playing football so it's not as though he wasn't rewarded for his efforts.

But you do have to wonder what happens if he doesn't hurt his knee in '17 or even if he could've stayed healthy in '18. He looked a lot like his '16 self in that Ravens game after we moved on from Hunt and was a pending FA. Could he have gotten one last deal for $4 million/yr for a couple of years if he's able to keep the wheels on? What if he's the guy he looked like against Baltimore through the post-season?

But ultimately health is a skill and Ware has simply never had it. Dude just aged in dog years.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:08 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
His YPC really fell off a cliff last year (3.6), but I bet he'd play better behind the Chiefs OL.

I'd take him for $2M plus incentives.

Oh, and he's probably waiting to see if teams get desparate due to injuries.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up