ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 190
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:23 PM 09-09-2020
Celtics have to win this game otherwise I think Toronto wins Game 7
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:25 PM 09-09-2020
wow double OT
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:45 PM 09-09-2020
Kyle Lowry is a beast.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:45 PM 09-09-2020
What a game but congrats Raptors. On to Game 7
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:51 PM 09-09-2020
Celtics got hosed lol pretty obvious favored officiating towards Toronto
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:14 PM 09-09-2020
Hot take: Kyle Lowry is the best player in the Raptors/Celtics series.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:15 PM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
The refs bought about five ridiculous Smart flops that game. He probably had over a dozen including the last play of the game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:17 PM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ok. I’ll admit it. Van Vleet is way way better than I ever thought he’d be.
I never thought he’d make it in the NBA when he was in college. Too small and not a great passer. He’s found a way through pure grit really.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:37 PM 09-09-2020
If Beverley wins a championship because of Kawhi it’s going to be annoying.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:38 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
The Celtics are flopping all over the place even on that last Powell Tatum tried a delayed flop , it is pretty hard to officiate when a team does that but to say the raptors are getting the calls would be false , raptors are getting mugged .
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:37 AM 09-10-2020
Cheating Raptors

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisgren...raptors-game-6
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:22 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Hot take: Kyle Lowry is the best player in the Raptors/Celtics series.
Not really that hot.

Dude is playing like a man possessed. And he's doing it over a metric fuckload of minutes.

I'm not a huge Kyle Lowry fan, but he deserves credit.

I never thought he’d make it in the NBA when he was in college. Too small and not a great passer. He’s found a way through pure grit really.
Yeah, pretty sure the dude hates everybody - plays like it anyway. :-)

As a KU fan (that might be admittedly biased), but there isn't anything coming out that he could do better than Mason. Obviously, today he's better than Mason, but it's an interesting exercise to try to determine success in the NBA. They played similar styles, similar size, similar build, similar measurables (I think - I didn't look up combine numbers), same position, similar college success, there is a lot of similarities between the 2. Gun to my head, I think that's the difference between being drafted by Sacremento and Toronto. Although, it's possible that FVV legitimately has a lot higher ceiling than Mason, but Self got Mason closer to his ceiling than Marshall did with FVV.

The other thing that's interesting, is Ron Baker has to be going, "Really?" I mean, Van Vleet and Baker aren't really comparable players, but I'd have put Baker a better shot of making it than Van Vleet on size along. Although FVV is legitimately better in traffic than Baker. Potentially another case of being drafted by the Knicks vs Toronto.

Either way, I'm rooting for him. It's good to see dudes like him contribute. if more UDFA and 2nd rounders become valuable players in the league, the less chance there is for tanking for the 1 or 2 difference makers a year.

If Beverley wins a championship because of Kawhi it’s going to be annoying.
LOL No argument from me. Harrell too. My buddy almost melted down because he had just damn had enough about Harrell arguing with the refs. There was a shot clock violation, and Harrell grabbed the ball and had to go talk to the ref. Really dude? Shot clock violation? And that's excluding the whole bitch ass white boy thing.

You're right, some really unlikable dudes over there.

Originally Posted by Monticore:
The Celtics are flopping all over the place even on that last Powell Tatum tried a delayed flop , it is pretty hard to officiate when a team does that but to say the raptors are getting the calls would be false , raptors are getting mugged .
Yeah, flopping is infuriating. And the officiating has been tough. Both things exist. I'm one of the biggest fuck Marcus Smart dude around, but when he closed out on Van Vleet, and FVV stepped on his foot, they called a flagrant, so FVV got the and 1, the ball and made a 3. 6 point possessions on a good closeout with a tiny bit of contact is a load of shit. I mean, couldn't happen to a shittier flopper, but still shit.

I don't know what the answer is, but it's bad. Really fucking bad, especially in the last few minutes.

Someone above was bemoaning all the stoppages at the end of games totally wrecking the flow, and I agree. I'm a big Ryen Russillo guy. His position is that replay needs to go the fuck away. I have pushed back on that, let's just get the shit right. Especially the egregious shit. But I'm coming around.

Here's what I suggest, do away with all replays. Let the officials do it. Then have those assholes in the bunker in New Jersey or where the fuck ever it is, just watch for the egregious flops like Smart chasing down the trailer hitting him, and then jumping away. Then if that shit happens, send word that the offender is ejected.

Get it back to the basketball.

That's not the answer, obviously, but whatever, I'd argue it's better than what we have.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:28 AM 09-10-2020
Not really that hot.

Dude is playing like a man possessed. And he's doing it over a metric ****load of minutes.

I'm not a huge Kyle Lowry fan, but he deserves credit.

Yeah, pretty sure the dude hates everybody - plays like it anyway. :-)

As a KU fan (that might be admittedly biased), but there isn't anything coming out that he could do better than Mason. Obviously, today he's better than Mason, but it's an interesting exercise to try to determine success in the NBA. They played similar styles, similar size, similar build, similar measurables (I think - I didn't look up combine numbers), same position, similar college success, there is a lot of similarities between the 2. Gun to my head, I think that's the difference between being drafted by Sacremento and Toronto. Although, it's possible that FVV legitimately has a lot higher ceiling than Mason, but Self got Mason closer to his ceiling than Marshall did with FVV.

The other thing that's interesting, is Ron Baker has to be going, "Really?" I mean, Van Vleet and Baker aren't really comparable players, but I'd have put Baker a better shot of making it than Van Vleet on size along. Although FVV is legitimately better in traffic than Baker. Potentially another case of being drafted by the Knicks vs Toronto.

Either way, I'm rooting for him. It's good to see dudes like him contribute. if more UDFA and 2nd rounders become valuable players in the league, the less chance there is for tanking for the 1 or 2 difference makers a year.

LOL No argument from me. Harrell too. My buddy almost melted down because he had just damn had enough about Harrell arguing with the refs. There was a shot clock violation, and Harrell grabbed the ball and had to go talk to the ref. Really dude? Shot clock violation? And that's excluding the whole bitch ass white boy thing.

You're right, some really unlikable dudes over there.

Yeah, flopping is infuriating. And the officiating has been tough. Both things exist. I'm one of the biggest **** Marcus Smart dude around, but when he closed out on Van Vleet, and FVV stepped on his foot, they called a flagrant, so FVV got the and 1, the ball and made a 3. 6 point possessions on a good closeout with a tiny bit of contact is a load of shit. I mean, couldn't happen to a shittier flopper, but still shit.

I don't know what the answer is, but it's bad. Really ****ing bad, especially in the last few minutes.

Someone above was bemoaning all the stoppages at the end of games totally wrecking the flow, and I agree. I'm a big Ryen Russillo guy. His position is that replay needs to go the **** away. I have pushed back on that, let's just get the shit right. Especially the egregious shit. But I'm coming around.

Here's what I suggest, do away with all replays. Let the officials do it. Then have those assholes in the bunker in New Jersey or where the **** ever it is, just watch for the egregious flops like Smart chasing down the trailer hitting him, and then jumping away. Then if that shit happens, send word that the offender is ejected.

Get it back to the basketball.

That's not the answer, obviously, but whatever, I'd argue it's better than what we have.
The last few minutes of the games have become extremely brutal to watch with all the timeouts/fouls to give. inside 5 min they should only get 1-2 timeouts no matter how many they had left and every foul is a shooting foul.

Not sure what to do about flopping other then call more technical fouls on floppers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:47 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The last few minutes of the games have become extremely brutal to watch with all the timeouts/fouls to give. inside 5 min they should only get 1-2 timeouts no matter how many they had left and every foul is a shooting foul.

Not sure what to do about flopping other then call more technical fouls on floppers.
I'm not necessarily opposed to timeouts, and I think the timeout to advance the ball to half court isn't a bad rule.

I could live with the time outs if they would just stop reviewing EVERY GODDAMNED POSSESSION under 4 minutes. Is this a flagrant? Was this really off that fucker? Block/Charge? It's infuriating.

They definitely need to penalize flopping, but don't stop play for a review to do it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:11 AM 09-10-2020
I'm not necessarily opposed to timeouts, and I think the timeout to advance the ball to half court isn't a bad rule.

I could live with the time outs if they would just stop reviewing EVERY GODDAMNED POSSESSION under 4 minutes. Is this a flagrant? Was this really off that ****er? Block/Charge? It's infuriating.

They definitely need to penalize flopping, but don't stop play for a review to do it.
Yeah they need to change the review process because it is killing the flow of the game.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 190
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up