ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2927 of 3903
« First < 1927242728272877291729232924292529262927 29282929293029312937297730273427 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 08-31-2020
So tired of hearing how this is “the new normal”.

This isn’t gonna last forever guys
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:58 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

The experts told us it will, so..
[Reply]
Fish 09:04 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So if I have diabetes and die in the hospital on a ventilator from covid, did I die of diabetes and not covid? If I'm in the hospital on a ventilator for 12 days and ultimately I have a stroke, did I die from stroke and not covid? Because that's what this nonsense is implying.

No one ever said that comorbitities weren't a factor in most covid deaths. We've mentioned them probably 10,000 times in this thread. Excess deaths are still massively up in the last 6 months. Only someone who isn't paying attention at all, or is deliberately spreading misinformation, interprets this 6% thing as some kind of bombshell.
This is of course true. But some idiots will do anything to try and frame covid in a negative light.

The truth is that ~80% of people in the entire world have at least 1 existing comorbidity. The data regarding covid has always included comorbidities. This isn't something new or something that's been changed. But they still think it's some kind of "Gotcha."

As I stated in another thread, have you ever once heard anyone complain about comorbidity issues in cancer deaths? Have you heard a single person ever complain about someone with cancer dying of a comorbidity when the death is attributed to cancer? Because that happens all the time. Comorbidity rates have always existed for every medical condition. The comorbidity angle is only being used because this is a highly politicized topic. If you want the real picture, look at excess deaths regardless of cause. Which is over 200,000 for the year. Those are accurate numbers that can't be fudged. Go ahead and try and explain that away. 200,000 more deaths this year than the running average, and counting. Anyone who can simply shrug that number away is a damn fool.
[Reply]
Donger 09:05 AM 08-31-2020
Might be helpful regarding the 6% "bombshell"

[Reply]
petegz28 09:15 AM 08-31-2020

There are some people, a few of them on here even, that just can't help themselves. We have seen this from day 1. If you're not "afraid" you don't care. If you're not willing to take every anecdotal instance of something negative and grasp onto it like gospel then you don't care. If you actually accept any good news to any degree then you just don't ****ing care.

There have certainly been points of pain throughout this ordeal for sure. Some have even been legitimate. In many cases though, as we have seen now multiple times in Kansas, the data is simply presented in ways that I will just say push the border on what is factual and what is not.

Kansas for example claimed this last week they were #6 in the nation for % positives. What they didn't tell you is they are the second lowest testing state and those that are being tested have symptoms or have knowingly been exposed to people who have.

So they took a pool of people who already leaned to one side of the probability scale, tested them then presented it as if they tested random people.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
This is of course true. But some idiots will do anything to try and frame covid in a negative light.

The truth is that ~80% of people in the entire world have at least 1 existing comorbidity. The data regarding covid has always included comorbidities. This isn't something new or something that's been changed. But they still think it's some kind of "Gotcha."

As I stated in another thread, have you ever once heard anyone complain about comorbidity issues in cancer deaths? Have you heard a single person ever complain about someone with cancer dying of a comorbidity when the death is attributed to cancer? Because that happens all the time. Comorbidity rates have always existed for every medical condition. The comorbidity angle is only being used because this is a highly politicized topic. If you want the real picture, look at excess deaths regardless of cause. Which is over 200,000 for the year. Those are accurate numbers that can't be fudged. Go ahead and try and explain that away. 200,000 more deaths this year than the running average, and counting. Anyone who can simply shrug that number away is a damn fool.
It’s a big number for sure. We also have 330 million people here and we seem to shrug over other preventable outcomes year after year.

I don’t have the answer for all this. No one does. But the fighting and absolutes get us no where
[Reply]
petegz28 09:35 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

Where are you getting the excess death #'s from? I am not saying you are wrong but the latest list I saw which I admit I am not sure where it came from, showed that most states are on par or even below where they were last year.
[Reply]
Fish 09:44 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Where are you getting the excess death #'s from? I am not saying you are wrong but the latest list I saw which I admit I am not sure where it came from, showed that most states are on par or even below where they were last year.
Take a look. That's US data only: https://www.sciencealert.com/2020-ha...-the-us-so-far

[Reply]
suzzer99 11:34 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
See this is part of the problem. This is the way it works for all instances. If you have COPD and you die of congestive heart failure that is going to be what is put on your death certificate not COPD.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Then say that. Say hey the death stats might be inflated because someone of these extreme cases (although excess deaths suggest the covid death count is actually low by 10-20%).

Don't say "ZOMG only 6% actually died of covid" (which the president retweeted but the original has since been taken down by twitter). That's active disinformation.

This is what bugs me the most. It seems like the anti-covid side wants to switch back and forth between blatant nonsense disinformation (for the low-info crowd), but then be taken seriously in almost the same breath when they want to get real. It shows bad faith to me. They're not trying to arrive at any truth - just win the debate by any tactic that works with whatever audience they have in front of them.

And then when called out on something like this that they can't wriggle out of, the anti-covid disinformation peddlers will just switch to "but both sides do it!" without feeling the need to offer any evidence to that claim. Yes there is some dumb stuff out there from both sides. But both sides do not do it to the same degree and at the same top levels of the media they consume. One side has basically every virologist and epidemiologist in the world on their side. IE - none think it's a big overblown hoax, while they can still disagree on aspects of the disease - which is normal and healthy. The other has some youtube videos of quack doctors peddling HCQ and saying ZOMG 6% BOMBSHELL!!!

Guys like me, O.City, TLO, donger and fish just want to figure out what's actually going on. As do many others itt. But guys like clay just want to spew propaganda. That's the stuff that I'm glad is for the most part not allowed in this thread. There's a reason clay started that thread in DC. He knows he'd get shot down here. He doesn't care if it's true and on some level I bet he knows it isn't. He just wants to spread propaganda.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:38 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Then say that. Don't say "ZOMG only 6% actually died of covid" (which the president retweeted but the original has since been taken down by twitter). That's active disinformation.
That would not keep the hype up or the controversy that keeps the divisiveness going so people can play their agendas. It is unfortunate but true.
[Reply]
O.city 12:07 PM 08-31-2020
Hospitalizations coming down here in our area. Down to only 10 in ICU.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:08 PM 08-31-2020
yeah but MSU has 400 CASES
[Reply]
stumppy 12:16 PM 08-31-2020
My next door neighbor did his part in bringing that number down. RIP
[Reply]
loochy 12:17 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
yeah but MSU has 400 CASES
OMG! .001 of those people could maybe get lung damage, perhaps!
[Reply]
loochy 12:18 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
My next door neighbor did his part in bringing that number down. RIP
Old fella?
[Reply]
Page 2927 of 3903
« First < 1927242728272877291729232924292529262927 29282929293029312937297730273427 > Last »
Up