ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 39
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 09:02 PM 12-04-2019
Had a pretty interesting day today at the office. Morning was pretty normal, drill and fill, check hygiene, extract a tooth etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Pretty normal lunch. Trolled around on CP, ate an apple and a handful of wheat thins.

Then the afternoon hit.

I see inmates from the county jail here in town if they have a tooth ache or something, sheriff or deputy will call up and bring them up in shackles and the whole bit. It's not big deal, most of them are just happy to get out of pain and it's not a problem. So dude comes in, my assistant goes in to ask the normal "which tooth is bothering you, let me get an xray, blah blah". I was in the lab doing something so I wasn't really paying attention. She comes in and says "doc, you will need to come look at something" to which I responded "he need a tooth out, which tooth is hurting"?

"All of them". Huh, ok, weird response but lets go check it out. Sure enough, continued meth use pretty much causes things to not go so well intraorally, so he was pretty much decayed out and most teeth were broken off to the gumline (google meth mouth if you want to see it, i'm not messing with photos). Asked if I could extract all 26 teeth he had left in the 30 minute block we had on the schedule for him.

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose. 2 teeth next to it are super mobile and infected (which starts draining as I get this one out, that smelt nice) so I told him he was getting 2 free extractions since he was already numb in that area and they were loose and I was right there, no harm no foul.

It's always fun when we see the inmates, the Sheriff comes up and sits in the room with them all serious, then when I come in the room we talk about hunting or why the Chiefs always break hearts or something.

He breaks down and starts crying thanking me, that he already felt better (if you saw the amount of infection I drained, you'd see why) and asked if he could make an appointment for when he got out. "Sure, how long you think you'll be in this predicament".

"I figure 4 or 5 years, you scheduling ahead that far yet"? Told him nah, just take care of himself and come see me when he gets out.

Next patient is an amish guy (we have a fairly big amish community near us), super nice guy, needs a crown. Asks if he can barter instead of pay, I ask what is in it for me, said he'd bring me a dozen eggs every week for 6 months (they have chicken barns or something) or I could have a quarter of one of the cows they're butchering. Sold, eggs and beef for a crown, sign me up.

Only problem with that is he scheduled an appointment for himself, but brought 4 other family members who all needed work done.

So we had a waiting room full of inmates and Amish this afternoon. Thought that might be a good name of a band or something.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:25 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
Oh, and I have another one. We purchased the practice next to us three months ago. Agreed to keep the dentist on as an associate. He died today. So now I'm gonna be busy as hell until I find a new guy.
Best of luck man.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:12 PM 01-09-2020
You guys ever have someone pass out in the dental chair? I swear I almost did while having a panic attack. Getting a root canal I was feeling lightheaded and seeing colors. Asshole wouldnt put the chair up for a second. Felt woozy as fuck the whole hour sitting there. Needless to say hes not my dentist anymore.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:44 PM 01-09-2020
I had an olive that was mostly pitted, that cost me..

:-).
[Reply]
O.city 07:44 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You guys ever have someone pass out in the dental chair? I swear I almost did while having a panic attack. Getting a root canal I was feeling lightheaded and seeing colors. Asshole wouldnt put the chair up for a second. Felt woozy as **** the whole hour sitting there. Needless to say hes not my dentist anymore.
Had a few pass out. No big deal
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:20 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So what you're saying is you did a thing you KNEW should be excruciatingly painful just to see how tough the guy was.

Fucking dentists - I always knew you were sadists.
I had some quality time with my dentist today for the bone grafting I need before I can get my implants. As he’s stitching me up he goes just outside of the numb zone once. It wasn’t super painful but, unlike most everything else he’d done to that point I felt a solid sting and made a little groan just to communicate that to him. Not to complain, just to give him feedback so that he would know and decide if he needed to do something about it -

Him: Did you feel that?

Me: Mmhmm

Him: Well I’m only going there the one time so just suck it up. *laughs*

I “chuckled” along the best I could in my condition because I know from his personality that he was just joking. Well, mostly anyway. I can certainly see how there might be a sadist streak running through him. :-)

Honestly though, this is the second procedure he’s done on me in this process and it has been a dream compared to what I have expected.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:00 AM 01-10-2020
About 5 years ago I had two wisdom teeth that needed to be pulled. My dentist kept putting it off even though I insisted he pull them as soon as possible. He finally lets me make an appointment and two weeks before the appointment one of the teeth starts throbbing in the worst pain I have probably ever felt in my life. I called the next day to see if he could move it up, they said the best they could do was bump it up a week. Fuuuuuck. So for an entire week I had to put on that oral jel crap just to make it through. I shivered in relief when he pulled those frickers.
[Reply]
O.city 04:59 PM 01-21-2020
Dental newsletter from Dr O.city:

Pretty eventful day here at the office. One of my ortho kids got undercut going up for a layup on the basketball court and his face took the brunt of the fall. They took him to the ER last night after, ER doc said to get in touch with the dentist and they gave him pain meds. He was here at 830 this am, upon one look I realized that the only thing keeping his front 2 teeth in were the bracket and wires and that his maxilla (the bone under your nose that holds teeth in) was pretty much shattered.

I anesthetize everywhere, take the wires off the brackets and the two teeth fall out. I start pulling chunks of bone out from the socket site until I get to solid attached bone. Luckily for him, it wasn't much fractured bone, but the teeth were snapped off with only small root tips left, so we extracted those and stitched him up. I took my diamond coated drill and smoothed the crowns of the teeth up and rigged them back on the wire for now so he'll have a couple front teeth for the next few weeks while he's healing.

Pretty interesting ordeal.

Then this afternoon I did a root canal and crown on one of my amish patients and he traded me a half butchered and packaged hog and a third of a cow packaged and 20 lbs of chicken they butchered over the weekend.

So I think I came out ahead on that transaction, now I just have to figure out how to get all this shit home to the deep freeze
[Reply]
Iowanian 05:06 PM 01-21-2020
There is an Amish guy in my area who repairs boots, has a sawmill and makes dentures for $200/set. Among the more poor people, they claim they're actually pretty good.

I traded a chiropractic adjustment for a bottle of honey a while back.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:17 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Pretty eventful day here at the office. One of my ortho kids got undercut going up for a layup on the basketball court and his face took the brunt of the fall. They took him to the ER last night after, ER doc said to get in touch with the dentist and they gave him pain meds. He was here at 830 this am, upon one look I realized that the only thing keeping his front 2 teeth in were the bracket and wires and that his maxilla (the bone under your nose that holds teeth in) was pretty much shattered.

I anesthetize everywhere, take the wires off the brackets and the two teeth fall out. I start pulling chunks of bone out from the socket site until I get to solid attached bone. Luckily for him, it wasn't much fractured bone, but the teeth were snapped off with only small root tips left, so we extracted those and stitched him up. I took my diamond coated drill and smoothed the crowns of the teeth up and rigged them back on the wire for now so he'll have a couple front teeth for the next few weeks while he's healing.

That sounds fucking terrible.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:33 PM 01-21-2020

Then this afternoon I did a root canal and crown on one of my amish patients and he traded me a half butchered and packaged hog and a third of a cow packaged and 20 lbs of chicken they butchered over the weekend.

So I think I came out ahead on that transaction, now I just have to figure out how to get all this shit home to the deep freeze
Sucks for the kid. Landing on your face is no joke.

Best thing about the barter business is you don't have to pay Income Tax. Color me jealous. Fat boy loves (legally) averting taxes.
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:35 PM 01-21-2020

Long term what are you going to do? Put some of those screw in fake teeth?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:10 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Sucks for the kid. Landing on your face is no joke.

Best thing about the barter business is you don't have to pay Income Tax. Color me jealous. Fat boy loves (legally) averting taxes.
Actually, doesn't barter technically have to be reported as income? I realize that no one ever does it, but I'm not sure he's legally avoiding taxes with that setup.

I was on a train this weekend and an Amish girl smiled at me. I wasn't sure if I had to marry her or not.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:14 PM 01-21-2020
Pretty sure bartering is reportable income. But i'd destroy the invoice . No wait , that would be illegal. So gotta do the procedure on the weekend as a favor.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:08 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Actually, doesn't barter technically have to be reported as income? I realize that no one ever does it, but I'm not sure he's legally avoiding taxes with that setup.

I was on a train this weekend and an Amish girl smiled at me. I wasn't sure if I had to marry her or not.
He owes the IRS 8 hamburgers, and a 1/2 chicken. Good luck collecting on that.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Long term what are you going to do? Put some of those screw in fake teeth?
Once he finishes growing we’ll have some implants placed

Biggest thing we wanna do now is keep the bone level there stable which will be a bitch
[Reply]
Page 15 of 39
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up