ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1809 of 2682
« First < 809130917091759179918051806180718081809 18101811181218131819185919092309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:00 PM 02-18-2020
So tired of the George Kittle love affair.

I kept hearing about how great his "blocking" was all season. Yet all I saw during the playoffs was Travis Kelce completely taking over games, and Kittle completely disappearing.

I'm sorry, i'm not an idiot, he's obviously very good. But at this point he's becoming seriously overrated.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:00 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Beard not epic enough
[Reply]
lcarus 05:02 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
So tired of the George Kittle love affair.

I kept hearing about how great his "blocking" was all season. Yet all I saw during the playoffs was Travis Kelce completely taking over games, and Kittle completely disappearing.

I'm sorry, i'm not an idiot, he's obviously very good. But at this point he's becoming seriously overrated.
I've never seen a fanbase or coaching staff so livid about such an obvious penalty on that offensive PI. It was so blatant but for some reason they just felt like he should've gotten away with it "just because"
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:20 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Kittle wasn’t even the best player at his position. He just had a better grade due to his “blocking” which after the SB I’m not so sure isn’t severely overrated. He wasn’t blocking. He was holding.

Nothing like having the “best TE” in football not going out to catch passes on third and fourth down in the Super Bowl with the game on the line. But he blocked so well on those plays!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:27 PM 02-18-2020

What isn't happening in this picture? ��

(via @Chiefs) pic.twitter.com/Yh9fxSJwN1

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) February 18, 2020

[Reply]
RealSNR 07:32 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Mike Pennel totally farted. He got O'Daniel and Nick Keizer to blame each other. Crafty.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:58 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That’s the Joe Namath panty hose pose or the Burt Reynolds Cosmos pose. I’d bet money on it.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:46 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I'll be honest, I don't think it's unreasonable that Patrick Mahomes is not the best player in the NFL. He's clearly the most VALUABLE player, but he may not be the best. I agree he's definitely Top 5 or Top 10 but I can certainly see the argument for making it with other players especially based on flawed analytics like PFF uses.

The best player in the NFL could be a fullback, but his impact on the game is no where near as high as even an above average WR. What I would gauge it on is how much better are you than your peers at that specific position.

I think you can make a case for Aaron Donald, Michael Thomas, Patrick Mahomes, or Stephon Gilmore.

It is simply our bias showing, yet again. Sports fandom is so interesting and such an amazing display of unchecked bias.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:34 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'll be honest, I don't think it's unreasonable that Patrick Mahomes is not the best player in the NFL. He's clearly the most VALUABLE player, but he may not be the best. I agree he's definitely Top 5 or Top 10 but I can certainly see the argument for making it with other players especially based on flawed analytics like PFF uses.

The best player in the NFL could be a fullback, but his impact on the game is no where near as high as even an above average WR. What I would gauge it on is how much better are you than your piers at that specific position.

I think you can make a case for Aaron Donald, Michael Thomas, Patrick Mahomes, or Stephon Gilmore.

It is simply our bias showing, yet again. Sports fandom is so interesting and such an amazing display of unchecked bias.
dumbest post of the year hands down
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:59 PM 02-18-2020

The best player in the NFL could be a fullback, but his impact on the game is no where near as high as even an above average WR. What I would gauge it on is how much better are you than your peers at that specific position.

I can't even....
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:54 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I've never seen a fanbase or coaching staff so livid about such an obvious penalty on that offensive PI. It was so blatant but for some reason they just felt like he should've gotten away with it "just because"
Gonzo got called for a PI that was far less blatant in 2003 but most of our beef about that was that Morton Anderson continued the fine KC kicker tradition of shanking the field goal try right after.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:23 PM 02-18-2020

Besides these records you might be on to something:

Most touchdown passes thrown through first two games of a season: 10
Most touchdown passes thrown through first three games of a season: 13
Most touchdown passes thrown through first three career games: 10
Most touchdown passes thrown through first eight career games: 22
Youngest quarterback to throw for six touchdowns in a game: 22 years, 364 days
Most consecutive road games with 3+ touchdown passes: 7
First player to throw for over 3,000 yards in his first ten games: 3,185
Most consecutive 300-plus passing yard games: 8 (tied)
Fastest player to 4,000 passing yards and 40+ touchdown passes: 13 games
Fastest to 7,500 career passing yards: 24 games
A league MVP (at 23 years old)
A SB MVP (at 24 years old)
One of only two people in league history with a 5,000 yard and 50 TD season
The youngest ever to be both league and SB MVP

It’s not bias to say he’s the best in the league. The numbers already attest to that and unless he takes a discount his record contract will also attest to that. Horrible take.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:25 PM 02-18-2020

Please list your 5 or 10 players better than mahomes...
[Reply]
carcosa 11:32 PM 02-18-2020

get fucked
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:49 PM 02-18-2020

[Reply]
Page 1809 of 2682
« First < 809130917091759179918051806180718081809 18101811181218131819185919092309 > Last »
Up