ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 341
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:13 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by Simplicity:
The SBE is quite the gun but definitely not worth its price. With the new SBE3 you’re just paying for a quality gun with a big name. Personally I stick to browning. I have the Browning Maxus (with ATACS camo) 26” chambered at 3 1/2”. Got it for a good price for $1100 (including a nice extended patternmaster choke). Top of the line field gun at a very reasonable price.

Yep. I don't do a lot of hunting any longer - I keep a Moss 500 in the closet, but back in my youth I loved hunting rabbits and squirrels and deer. Not so much fowl, though. Never really acquired a taste for anything other than pheasant. Ducks and geese - not so much.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:40 PM 03-12-2018
I can't speak for Remington's other products, but my Versa Max is fucking awesome. The weight is fine (even with the extended tube) and it's about as far from "clunky" as you can get. :-)
[Reply]
Simplicity 12:45 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I can't speak for Remington's other products, but my Versa Max is ****ing awesome. The weight is fine (even with the extended tube) and it's about as far from "clunky" as you can get. :-)
Man props to you carrying that thing into duck blinds and in the marsh. For me I’d rather pass.
[Reply]
srvy 12:51 PM 03-12-2018
I can't speak for Remington's other products, but my Versa Max is fucking awesome. The weight is fine (even with the extended tube) and it's about as far from "clunky" as you can get. :-)
Love Remington 700s and collected quite a few in the 80s and early 90s especially the limited run 700 Classics. I never has any of these trigger issues the lawsuit specified. I always felt it was a hit piece directed at one of the US oldest gun makers and pushed by CBS and 60 minutes. Also so many modify triggers on rifles I always wonder if that is what happened.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:14 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Love Remington 700s and collected quite a few in the 80s and early 90s especially the limited run 700 Classics. I never has any of these trigger issues the lawsuit specified. I always felt it was a hit piece directed at one of the US oldest gun makers and pushed by CBS and 60 minutes. Also so many modify triggers on rifles I always wonder if that is what happened.
I thought that as well.....but in all honesty, their QC has went to hell in the last 20 or more years.

I looked at their .45 pistols (when I was in the market) and it was sickening how bad their fit and finish was - I went with Springfield Armory - and I got my A1 for about 10 dollars more than their model.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:20 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by Simplicity:
Man props to you carrying that thing into duck blinds and in the marsh. For me I’d rather pass.
It's for 3-gun, not hunting.

I think the game warden would frown on its 13 shot capacity.
[Reply]
Simplicity 02:34 PM 03-12-2018

Well any normal versa max intended for the field would come with a plug. 3 gun it wouldn’t matter but in the field whether it be wading or sitting in the duck blind the thing is a solid brick. just my opinion.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 03:19 PM 03-12-2018
Love all my old 700's. I too bought a couple of the classic series. I have a 7mmSTW I plan to put on GunBroker. Its the most accurate out of the box rifle Ive ever owned but I have no need for something that long range/big animal caliber anymore.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:56 PM 03-12-2018
I'm there with the model 11.. After years of block and brick work. My right shoulder can't take the pounding that old Browning designed shotgun delivers.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:14 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
I'm there with the model 11.. After years of block and brick work. My right shoulder can't take the pounding that old Browning designed shotgun delivers.
Get a Versa Max. Kicks about the same as an AR. You can shoot it all day.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 04:27 PM 03-12-2018

Yeah, a factory plug probably wouldn't cut it. You'd need a pretty hefty dowel rod to keep the greenpants happy.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:53 PM 03-12-2018

My first Shotgun as a kid Ithaca model 66 single shot breakover 20 ga. Shot a lot of Pheasant and quail and some bunnies with that gun and still have it. Love Ithaca a grand old gun company.
My .410 I got in 4th grade for Christmas is just like that one, level action break. My parents told me years later they bought it at a Holiday gas station back in the day...
[Reply]
Frazod 05:46 PM 03-12-2018
This is a Versa Max in action. I don't claim to be anywhere near as proficient with it as this totally awesome/extremely scary young lady, but I have had pretty much exactly the same modifications made to mine, and yes, it does run that well.

If you think this gun sucks, well, I really don't know what to tell you.

[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:16 PM 03-12-2018
This is a Versa Max in action. I don't claim to be anywhere near as proficient with it as this totally awesome/extremely scary young lady, but I have had pretty much exactly the same modifications made to mine, and yes, it does run that well.

If you think this gun sucks, well, I really don't know what to tell you.

Dang! Dudette can shoot! :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:22 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Dang! Dudette can shoot! :-)
Yeah, I know a couple of people who can shoot like this, and several who are close. It's a helluva thing to watch in person. If you'd see some of things these people can do in real life in a movie, you'd think it was done with CGI.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 341
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Up