ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 2521
« First < 7475354555657 58596061671071575571057 > Last »
The Dumbass Lounge>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:28 AM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Yeah, I dunno about Brock ... some have brought out a Flacco comparison, but that's unsubstantiated and likely only being used because of Kubiak. So weird. My guess is that Brock is a 'body' and that's all he'll be. Once Peyton is gone, they'll cross their fingers and hope another established 30 something veteran with something to prove is available...
Camp reports is the Siemian has shown flashes of good stuff. My guess is that Dysert will probably get cut and the Broncos will try and put Siemian on the practice squad. When Manning leaves the Broncos (probably after this season) I'm guessing the Broncos will either go all in on Osweiler OR go all in on drafting a QB in the first round.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:56 AM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Camp reports is the Siemian has shown flashes of good stuff. My guess is that Dysert will probably get cut and the Broncos will try and put Siemian on the practice squad. When Manning leaves the Broncos (probably after this season) I'm guessing the Broncos will either go all in on Osweiler OR go all in on drafting a QB in the first round.
It would suck to lose that draft pick and the time invested... hopefully, they see good things that just haven't been displayed due to circumstances with Brock. If possible, I would like to see them play him more often late in games if they have a good lead.

It's crazy to think they could have taken Wilson there or at the pick in R3 where they took Hillman. Talk about how the NFL over the last 3 years would be different had that happened...
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 03:07 PM 08-12-2015
Indy and the Pats shit allover that defense last year and it got even worse.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:57 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by :
Manning to sit out in Seattle

Nice camp, Peyton Manning. Now grab that visor and a play card.

Manning will not play in the Denver Broncos' preseason opener Friday against the Seattle Seahawks, 9News has learned.

Brock Osweiler is up. Selected in the second round of the 2012 draft, Osweiler still has not started a regular season game as he enters his fourth season.

Osweiler will start Friday against the Seahawks and operate the Broncos' first-team offense. Running back C.J. Anderson, receiver Emmanuel Sanders and the Broncos' first-team offensive line is expected to play. Number one receiver Demaryius Thomas is expected to sit, as well as Manning.
http://www.9news.com/story/sports/20...ttle/31576915/

Watch Brock live Friday on NFL Network at 10:00PM EST :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:56 PM 08-12-2015
It'll be hilarious to see the turd behind that offensive line
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 11:56 PM 08-12-2015
Turds don't get referred to on a first named basis.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:07 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It would suck to lose that draft pick and the time invested... hopefully, they see good things that just haven't been displayed due to circumstances with Brock. If possible, I would like to see them play him more often late in games if they have a good lead.

It's crazy to think they could have taken Wilson there or at the pick in R3 where they took Hillman. Talk about how the NFL over the last 3 years would be different had that happened...
Basically, without Manning....you guys are ****ed. Assmeller sat behind Manning for multiple seasons..if he hasn't progressed..he is not going to. Rogers he isnt...enjoy your last season of being somewhat competitive...until Peyton gets hurt....which is probably by game 5.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:55 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Basically, without Manning....you guys are ****ed. Assmeller sat behind Manning for multiple seasons..if he hasn't progressed..he is not going to. Rogers he isnt...enjoy your last season of being somewhat competitive...until Peyton gets hurt....which is probably by game 5.
A whole lot of wishful thinking there. Look, I get it and I've heard it for 16 years since Elway retired. They went to the playoffs with Griese and Plummer... Orton and Cutler eras (4.5 years) were failures, but Tebow made it interesting and then we got Manning.

In those 16 years, only a few were really painful, who knows who they will find to step in...
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:17 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Indy and the Pats shit allover that defense last year and it got even worse.
And Denver shit all over our defense.

The NFL is strange sometimes.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:25 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
And Denver shit all over our defense.

The NFL is strange sometimes.
Yeah, in NE, Denver had a crappy 2nd quarter and they couldn't contain Gronk and Julian - 18 receptions between them, they did the big damage. Hell, Julian had an 84 yard punt return. Nothing good happens in NE.

Indy game in the playoffs... Fox lost the team, they had some injuries and played like crap. It was painful, no doubt. The younger and more hungry team took 'em out.

In the Indy game though, they didn't really go nuts on the defense. The offense was lethargic and that is what cost Fox his job.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:02 AM 08-13-2015
It's going to be very interesting to see what Manning will do behind this OL. It's probably the worst he's ever had when you look at lack of experience and poor play from other pieces in prior years.
Losing a big redzone TE should hurt as well.

I think Denvers offense will still be good but I think it will take bit of a dip down from where they were the last 2 seasons.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:47 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
A whole lot of wishful thinking there. Look, I get it and I've heard it for 16 years since Elway retired. They went to the playoffs with Griese and Plummer... Orton and Cutler eras (4.5 years) were failures, but Tebow made it interesting and then we got Manning.

In those 16 years, only a few were really painful, who knows who they will find to step in...
I think Seattle would be the last team I would want to face....for the first game with that o-line. Playing the NFC East in preseason isn't going to be pretty for them.

Having a 39 year old QB behind an o-line like that is a terrible combination. Shit, Green had an OK line and he still got knocked out with a concussion....then retired. Smith ruptured his spleen behind KC's line last season....and he's mobile. Manning from the shotgun saved a lot of sacks last season....add .5 seconds to the release and he's taking some hits. Losing Thomas is going to show up too...Manning's INTs are going to go up.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:27 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It's going to be very interesting to see what Manning will do behind this OL. It's probably the worst he's ever had when you look at lack of experience and poor play from other pieces in prior years.
Losing a big redzone TE should hurt as well.

I think Denvers offense will still be good but I think it will take bit of a dip down from where they were the last 2 seasons.
We lose Julius Thomas but we are adding Cody Lattimer. Our top 3 WR's all have game breaking speed and DT and Cody are freaking huge. Owen Daniels and Cody Lattimer will double the production we got from Welker and Julius Thomas last year.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:29 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I think Seattle would be the last team I would want to face....for the first game with that o-line. Playing the NFC East in preseason isn't going to be pretty for them.

Having a 39 year old QB behind an o-line like that is a terrible combination. Shit, Green had an OK line and he still got knocked out with a concussion....then retired. Smith ruptured his spleen behind KC's line last season....and he's mobile. Manning from the shotgun saved a lot of sacks last season....add .5 seconds to the release and he's taking some hits. Losing Thomas is going to show up too...Manning's INTs are going to go up.
What did Green's line have to do with a hit he took in the open field? Also, it doesn't matter if Alex is mobile, he has always taken more sacks than Manning.

Why would JT leaving affect Manning's INTs? He only had 11 in 2012 when JT didn't play at all.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:36 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
What did Green's line have to do with a hit he took in the open field? Also, it doesn't matter if Alex is mobile, he has always taken more sacks than Manning.

Why would JT leaving affect Manning's INTs? He only had 11 in 2012 when JT didn't play at all.
Why?..He's going to be holding the ball longer...Thomas was a legitimate red zone threat and problematic match-up . Manning had a better o-line in 2012 and running HIS system. You can rationalize his loss all you want...but the guy produced TDs....12 last season to be exact. It would be like trying to convince myself that there is no difference between Fasano and Kelce.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 2521
« First < 7475354555657 58596061671071575571057 > Last »
Up