ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 433 of 2688
« First < 333383423429430431432433 4344354364374434835339331433 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:07 PM 08-14-2017
Screw Mahomes! That was the worst preseason showing for a quarterback in NFL history. He was lucky that he wasn't intercepted 6 times. And that TD was sheer luck. Eric Warfield could have picked that off! I can't believe the draft capital we just spent on Jeff George 2.0! This guy will never amount to anything! Long live Alex Smith!!

And if anyone bought that I have a bridge that I would like to sell you.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:14 PM 08-14-2017
In all seriousness, I am sooo excited about Mahomes. I liked what I saw from him the other night. It's still to early to put him in the HOF, or even to guarantee that he won't bust. He made some good throws and some bad ones. That deep pass was definitely underthrown. Peters or Berry likely would have picked it off. But you know what? He was a rookie in his first game making his first NFL pass. I liked seeing him take the shot. I liked how he kept his eyes downfield to make a play. Hopefully, he will be doing to VonDouchebag what what Elway used to do to DT all the time. It was so frustrating seeing DT have Elway dead to rights only for Elway to escape and make a play 20 yards downfield. Mahomes has that ability. Of course Elway was usually 5 yards across the line of scrimmage when he made those passes. Hard to get away with that nowadays.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:17 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
In all seriousness, I am sooo excited about Mahomes. I liked what I saw from him the other night. It's still to early to put him in the HOF, or even to guarantee that he won't bust. He made some good throws and some bad ones. That deep pass was definitely underthrown. Peters or Berry likely would have picked it off. But you know what? He was a rookie in his first game making his first NFL pass. I liked seeing him take the shot. I liked how he kept his eyes downfield to make a play. Hopefully, he will be doing to VonDouchebag what what Elway used to do to DT all the time. It was so frustrating seeing DT have Elway dead to rights only for Elway to escape and make a play 20 yards downfield. Mahomes has that ability. Of course Elway was usually 5 yards across the line of scrimmage when he made those passes. Hard to get away with that nowadays.
Amen brother. That's pretty much all I was saying. But because I always defend Smitty people took it the wrong.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:18 PM 08-14-2017
I've seen enough to say without a doubt Mahomes floor will be Alex Smith.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:18 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I thought it was an impressive throw considering his tackle was sitting in his lap. Look at the quickness of release and his arm angle. Fantastic play.

Jah Reid's ass was right in his face. Lynch drove him back 5 yards right into Mahomes. Such pathetic blocking.

Why is Jah Reid even on this team?

[Reply]
Coogs 06:20 PM 08-14-2017
The deep pass was under thrown, but it was complete. Sometimes throws like that get a pass interference penalty for big yardage too when the defender runs into the slowing WR. But it was complete for 40 yards.

If that ball over thrown by two yards is an incompletion. That's when frustration should set in, but that happens too.

And that is when everyone would be saying he should have under thrown it to make sure it was a completion.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:21 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
:-) like Alex even attempts that.

He would have tucked & ran.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:22 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I wasn't impressed by Mahomes at all but I know he is young and that was his first game.

He'll get better and I think eventually will turn into a very good QB but as of right now this kid is very raw. He needs time. As a Chiefs fan I am obviously rooting for him.

What I did like - his ability to extend plays. Seems like he has pretty good pocket awareness which is great to see. You can't teach that.
Amen brother. That's pretty much all I was saying. But because I always defend Smitty people took it the wrong.
Actually the first post is what you said.

You weren't impressed with mahomes. At all...
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:26 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:

My bad I thought I didn't post in that thread.

To be fair you are not being objective. You failed to mention that I also said he would develop into a good QB and that I liked his ability to extend plays.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 06:28 PM 08-14-2017
Just to make sure I got this straight?

People are criticizing his first ever pass attempt in the NFL for being a bit under-thrown 40 yard completion?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:30 PM 08-14-2017
My bad I thought I didn't post in that thread.

To be fair you are not being objective. You failed to mention that I also said he would develop into a good QB and that I liked his ability to extend plays.
I quoted the post so as to not leave anything out.

How could you think that or like anything you weren't impressed with? At all.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:30 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:

[Reply]
SAUTO 06:32 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:

People are criticizing his first ever pass attempt in the NFL for being a bit under-thrown 40 yard completion?
After losing their shit any time someone points out the same thing about our veteran. Who has shown to consistently under throw balls
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:34 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:

Some might say those people have a bone to pick. Most likely with people they tend to disagree with a lot on here, so they end up taking a negative view to Mahomes and any promising talent he might show this preseason.

Some might call that an agenda.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:36 PM 08-14-2017
Yeah. I saw that reaction. I think that was some people(Smith haters) were interpreting it the way that they wanted to. I have felt, from what I've read, that you see things basically the way that I just posted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I interpret your posts, I think that you are supportive of Smith because he was the best option at the time we traded for him. He has been solid, but not spectacular. But he has served his purpose and has one last season as the starter on this team, after which, you are ready for Mahomes to take the field and take the team to next level. You too are excited to see Mahomes, but not stupidly infatuated with him like Clay, who wants to gush all over everything he does like he has already ascended to prime Brady. You see what he needs to work on. You acknowledge his mistakes, and you don't see any reason to bash Smith because he is what he is and is still the best option for this team.......until Mahomes is ready. Am I right? Because that's not being a Smith lover or a Mahomes hater. That's being realistic
[Reply]
Page 433 of 2688
« First < 333383423429430431432433 4344354364374434835339331433 > Last »
Up