ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Car help for a co-worker
luv 03:46 PM 01-20-2021
Co-worker owns a new Ford Escape. It has the auto shut off whenever she stops. However, while her foot is still on the brake, her car dies (she shouldn't have to actually restart her car whenever she stops). It's currently at the dealership, and they've had it for over 24 hours and say they can't find anything wrong with her car. Upon googling the issue, the common cause for this to happen would be a broken torque converter or low fluid level in the transmission. She's baffled as to why the dealership can't find anything wrong. Just thought I'd bring the issue to the CP mechanics.

PS. I've also seen videos and links regarding how to disable this feature. If it's doing what she says, though, she wants to find out what the issue is before disabling anything, plus she's afraid doing so would void her warranty.
[Reply]
scho63 04:10 PM 01-20-2021
1st mistake: Ford Escape

Ford is a dead and worthless car company aside from their pickup trucks. They literally have nothing and no value.

I'll come out, steal it and blowtorch it. Best move she could ever make. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:13 PM 01-20-2021
Reading through Banyon's link, it's most def a voltage issue.

It seems that Ford has a software fix for it assuming it isn't in fact just the battery.

Originally Posted by :
Might there be a software update? I know my 2018 will restart "if any of the following conditions are met..." among them is, "The battery is not within optimal conditions (battery state of charge and temperature in range." So if there is not sufficient charge, it won't try to engage start/stop either, apparently.

[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:13 PM 01-20-2021
A Ford Escape?
Well, there's your problem. Your friends radiator cap is attached to a piece of shit.
[Reply]
luv 04:18 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Based off this guy's post, it sounds voltage related.

Test the battery. That's where i'd start. Some cars can be real funky if they're drawing improper voltage. It may be as simple as that.
I printed out the quote from your post and gave it to her. She said it sounded exactly like what's happening with her. You'd think, though, that, if what this person said is true and Ford knows about the problem, her dealership would let her know that and tell her they'll alert her when a recall is being done once the issue is figured out. She's calling them now. She may be single, but she doesn't put up with crap...lol. And, it turns out, hers is also a 2017, and not a 2019 like I was thinking.
[Reply]
luv 04:19 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
A Ford Escape?
Well, there's your problem. Your friends radiator cap is attached to a piece of shit.
Agreed. I'm not telling her that, though. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:20 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:

Ford is a dead and worthless car company aside from their pickup trucks. They literally have nothing and no value.

I've got an Explorer and after owning a Saturn, GMC, Toyota, and Chevy of the same class, I gotta say:

The Ford is the best damn vehicle I've owned in the last 25 years.
[Reply]
luv 04:20 PM 01-20-2021
Thanks, guys. If anything, you've given me some good info and a place to go do some research. I knew you guys were good for something. :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 04:22 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
A Ford Escape?
thunder stolen

rep
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:23 PM 01-20-2021
I have a vehicle that did the exact same thing. They replaced the starter and the problem went away. It wasn't at every single stop light, just randomly.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:25 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've got an Explorer and after owning a Saturn, GMC, Toyota, and Chevy of the same class, I gotta say:

The Ford is the best damn vehicle I've owned in the last 25 years.
I found my wife a 94 Mercury Marquis owned by a sweet little ol lady with only 78k.

Took off two of the cats, threw on some 17 inch Mustang five spokes. Interior is MINT.

400 FI V8..it's pretty quick.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:29 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
PS. I've also seen videos and links regarding how to disable this feature. If it's doing what she says, though, she wants to find out what the issue is before disabling anything, plus she's afraid doing so would void her warranty.
On a side note.... the auto-stop/auto-start thing isn't something that can be disabled with a button? I don't own a Ford thank god, but mine has the feature and I've just always assumed you could disable it easily... I'd never even think about it, but if I accidentally put it in Eco Mode, it automatically turns it back on and I have to turn it off again.

I had a tricky intersection to get through in KC and even though the feature is pretty fast at restarting the engine, I didn't want anything to do with it (among other reasons).

Obviously should get it fixed regardless... seems dumb, that's all.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 04:44 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
On a side note.... the auto-stop/auto-start thing isn't something that can be disabled with a button? I don't own a Ford thank god, but mine has the feature and I've just always assumed you could disable it easily... I'd never even think about it, but if I accidentally put it in Eco Mode, it automatically turns it back on and I have to turn it off again.

I had a tricky intersection to get through in KC and even though the feature is pretty fast at restarting the engine, I didn't want anything to do with it (among other reasons).

Obviously should get it fixed regardless... seems dumb, that's all.
My wife has a 2017 escape and it defaults back to on every time the car is started. So you have to turn it off each time you start the car if you want it off.

I've just learned how to keep just enough pressure to stop the car without activating the auto shut off when I drive it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:47 PM 01-20-2021

But new Ford Bronco?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:49 PM 01-20-2021
In your Buick?

[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:52 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I found my wife a 94 Mercury Marquis owned by a sweet little ol lady with only 78k.

Took off two of the cats, threw on some 17 inch Mustang five spokes. Interior is MINT.

400 FI V8..it's pretty quick.
4.0?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up