ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Wednesday injury/practice report
-King- 01:30 PM 01-20-2021

#Chiefs HC Andy Reid addresses Quarterback Patrick Mahomes' status

"He looked good, he is in the protocol, there are only certain things he can do, it's a limited basis, but he took all the snaps and feels good. We just have to follow the protocols close as we possibly can."

— Hayley Lewis 👑 (@HayleyLewisKSHB) January 20, 2021

‼️CHIEFS INJURY UPDATE‼️ @Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Patrick Mahomes, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Sammy Watkins were all a part of Wednesday's practice. Reid said Thursday's practice is the big day. #ChiefsKingdom #RunItBack #BUFvsKC https://t.co/kXT4zcL87C pic.twitter.com/bjearxZXv8

— KMBC (@kmbc) January 20, 2021

[Reply]
HemiEd 08:05 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
I'm surprised anyone would say people sit games out on purpose to earn a bonus later. Not only does that make no sense, to deprive the team of a starter in the hopes that they will win, but athletes want to play in the biggest games. You don't get where they are with that kind of mentality. Playing on the big stage is how you make money, not supposedly shutting it down just because you don't care at all, except for some bonus
Hi n00b:-)

You should have been here back in the days when Carl Peterson didn't actually want to win a Championship. Or wasn't trying, something like that.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:09 PM 01-20-2021
If they can go they need to. Their snaps can be limited if need be. They'll be able to heal up for two weeks in preparation for the SB. We need all hands on deck.

Let's get it!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:14 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s telling that Reid never even mentions Schwartz.
Sad, but telling.
It’s weird that they never put him on the IR and Andy continued to say he is “day to day” even through last week, but he hasn’t even so much as practiced on a limited basis since October.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:23 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It’s weird that they never put him on the IR and Andy continued to say he is “day to day” even through last week, but he hasn’t even so much as practiced on a limited basis since October.
He is on IR
[Reply]
DaFace 08:23 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
They put him on IR in week 11. That's why Reid doesn't mention him.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:37 PM 01-20-2021
All we need is mahomes. Every thing else is gravy.
[Reply]
TEX 08:50 PM 01-20-2021
Did Sammy break again yet?
[Reply]
-King- 09:05 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
To be fair, the Eric Berry debacle ruined a lot of us
I fully understand. And I really hate how the Berry thing went down and I think the whole spirit thing gets taken out of context.

I dont know. It's gotta suck to be an elite athlete who's body just breaks down often for whatever reason. It's also gotta suck constantly having surgeries and going through rehab so I see why players like Berry try to hold off surgeries if they think they can or just retire entirely like Luck did. Wish more fans understood that.

Anyways, hope Sam can play because other than the jet sweep to Mecole early in the game, we didn't get much from the receiving crew other than of course Hill.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I fully understand. And I really hate how the Berry thing went down and I think the whole spirit thing gets taken out of context.

I dont know. It's gotta suck to be an elite athlete who's body just breaks down often for whatever reason. It's also gotta suck constantly having surgeries and going through rehab so I see why players like Berry try to hold off surgeries if they think they can or just retire entirely like Luck did. Wish more fans understood that.

Anyways, hope Sam can play because other than the jet sweep to Mecole early in the game, we didn't get much from the receiving crew other than of course Hill.
Yea um that might have something to do with Tyreek and Kelce both going over 100 yards...
[Reply]
-King- 09:19 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea um that might have something to do with Tyreek and Kelce both going over 100 yards...

You still don’t understand that there’s only so much everybody else can do when Tyreek and Kelce are both dominating like that. Kelce is essentially a WR.
We've had games where they both dominated and we still got more contributions from the rest of the WR corp but ok.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:21 PM 01-20-2021
We've had games where they both dominated and we still got more contributions from the rest of the WR corp but ok.
:-)

When your top 2 receivers both go over 100 yards, even with Pat hurting his toe then getting knocked out the game in the 3rd quarter, you’re doing fine.

And there was a “contribution”, but you just want to ignore a 42 yard play.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 09:27 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
I'm surprised anyone would say people sit games out on purpose to earn a bonus later. Not only does that make no sense, to deprive the team of a starter in the hopes that they will win, but athletes want to play in the biggest games. You don't get where they are with that kind of mentality. Playing on the big stage is how you make money, not supposedly shutting it down just because you don't care at all, except for some bonus
Not every athlete wants to play in the biggest games. Some of them don't even love the sport they play but play it anyway because they have crazy athleticism and can make money doing it. This is why so many great athletes never reach their potential.

I'm not saying Sammy sat out on purpose which is why I used the word "possibly." He sure had a big financial motive though. Either way, whether he sat out on purpose, is too scared or is just not healthy yet, we can't put up with this anymore after this year.
[Reply]
-King- 09:34 PM 01-20-2021
:-)

When your top 2 receivers both go over 100 yards, even with Pat hurting his toe then getting knocked out the game in the 3rd quarter, you’re doing fine.

And there was a “contribution”, but you just want to ignore a 42 yard play.
How did I ignore it? I literally said other than that. If i was ignoring it, I wouldn't have talked about it at all.

Calm down and read slower.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 PM 01-20-2021
How did I ignore it? I literally said other than that. If i was ignoring it, I wouldn't have talked about it at all.

Calm down and read slower.
“Other than the longest play of the game they didn’t do anything”

Were those guys dropping balls?

They can only make the most of their opportunities, which they did. What more do you want?

#1a WR 8 catches 110 yards

#1b WR 8 catches 109 yards

#3 WR 4 catches 58 yards

That’s about as good as it gets from your top 3 options.
[Reply]
-King- 09:41 PM 01-20-2021
“Other than the longest play of the game they didn’t do anything”

Were those guys dropping balls?

They can only make the most of their opportunities, which they did. What more do you want?

#1a WR 8 catches 110 yards

#1b WR 8 catches 109 yards

#3 WR 4 catches 58 yards

That’s about as good as it gets from your top 3 options.
You're right man. What was I thinking?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up