ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>D. Williams thread
chop 06:42 PM 01-17-2021
D. Williams did a good job today making Cleveland have to respect the run. Solid game for him so I made a thread just for him. I think he had 6 yard a carry average.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 01-18-2021
He gets whats there. He's not gonna make a guy miss or jump cut back into a hole.

CEH can and does when he's healthy.
[Reply]
-King- 11:33 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would be fine with Clyde, Damien, Darrel and a late rd RB on our roster next season
Yeah Clyde can be the main back with Darrell there to spell him and Damien can be the 3rd down back. And Thompson the blow out garbage time back. Think Sherman is done after this season so we can carry 4 backs on the active roster.
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah Clyde can be the main back with Darrell there to spell him and Damien can be the 3rd down back. And Thompson the blow out garbage time back. Think Sherman is done after this season so we can carry 4 backs on the active roster.
I'd get rid of Thompson and keep Sherman. He's too important on all the special teams etc.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:59 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Kimble Anders of the Andy Reid era.
Fumble Anders?

No thanks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:10 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
BINGO !!

And he is deceptively faster than you think.:-)
No, he's not.

He ran a 4.72 and a 4.73 at The Combine and until yesterday, he's looked far slower than that on the field.

He looked more comfortable with his assignments against the Browns but he is not the type of running back that can take nothing and turn it into something. His scouting report matches up perfectly with what he's shown the past 2 seasons:

Strengths
Built like a bruiser and runs with good physicality
Sturdy base absorbs hits and maintains balance
Doesn't get cute
Makes decisions early and lives with them
Keeps pads square to line of scrimmage and slides from gap to gap without losing momentum when searching for the best running lane
Has good lateral jump cut to elude initial tackle attempts at the line of scrimmage
Runs under his pads with good forward lean near the goal line
Has size to be utilized as a short yardage option
Very comfortable handling swing passes and check downs and showed an ability to extend drives out of the backfield
Highly respected teammate and named a team MVP this season.

Weaknesses:
Doesn't feel running lanes developing, needs to see it
Burst through line of scrimmage is below average
Doesn't have the feet and instincts to sting moves together
Doesn't search for late cuts and may not be able to make them anyway
Doesn't generate as many yards after contacts as teams might like
Won't get many unexpected yards
Slow to gather and cut downhill when asked to run an outside track
Needs downhill play calls
Top heavy running style limits ability to make sharp backside cuts

------------

His weaknesses are why he went undrafted.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018...rrel-williams/

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...113a66b23.html
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:11 PM 01-18-2021
He played well. Had some good blocking for a change. CEH would have had a big day.
[Reply]
-King- 12:16 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd get rid of Thompson and keep Sherman. He's too important on all the special teams etc.
Yeah I guess. I think I'm still holding out hope for Thompson. I think he can be good but apparently he can't really pick up the playbook and we've seen that he has no idea what to do when it comes to pass blocking and knowing hot routes when the defense blitzes.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:20 PM 01-18-2021
Yeah I guess. I think I'm still holding out hope for Thompson. I think he can be good but apparently he can't really pick up the playbook and we've seen that he has no idea what to do when it comes to pass blocking and knowing hot routes when the defense blitzes.

Let him go, man. He’s not good.
[Reply]
SuperChief 12:22 PM 01-18-2021
Been toting the DW rock for awhile now. Glad he came through!

From earlier this year:
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
People don't see it, but Darrel is the PERFECT #2 RB option for this offense. I think he'd start for many other teams. He's just gotta stay healthy. He is no JAG, I'm telling you.
From 2019:
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Darrell Williams is the best back on this team. He's the best alternative to Kareem we could have asked for. Just needs more reps and some experience.

[Reply]
-King- 12:23 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Let him go, man. He’s not good.

[Reply]
scho63 02:14 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Le Veon Bell 2 carries for 6 yards. WHAT!?
Originally Posted by DaFace:
He just doesn't look that effective. I have no issue with rolling with Williams if we have to next week. The dude runs hard.
He's just not that good anymore. He's slow as FUCKKKK. I'm not talking about his playing style, I'm talking about when just running straight he's slow as fuck.

I was huge on him coming here, but I think he's done.
And to think so many here were jumping up and down like he was the next Bo Jackson when we signed him.

Dude has been less than mediocre at best. He is also slow as shit. :-)

[Reply]
Marcellus 01-18-2021, 04:47 PM
This message has been deleted by Marcellus.
Tribal Warfare 09:17 PM 01-20-2021

Andy Reid explains decision to start Chiefs RB Darrel Williams vs. Brownshttps://t.co/UolJpvxJOn

— Chiefs Wire (@TheChiefsWire) January 21, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:20 PM 01-20-2021
He reminds me of Mike Anderson.

That dude was nothing special but he had good size/speed, just a little bit of wiggle and was a smart, good all around player.

[Reply]
carcosa 09:23 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He reminds me of Mike Anderson.

That dude was nothing special but he had good size/speed, just a little bit of wiggle and was a smart, good all around player.

This is a good comparison imo
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:26 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
And to think so many here were jumping up and down like he was the next Bo Jackson when we signed him.

Dude has been less than mediocre at best. He is also slow as shit. :-)
Hmmm, really? The people I remember being excited about it were excited because it was a very low risk move and all upside.... I don't remember anyone saying he'd be amazing, but I could be misremembering.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up