ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>D. Williams thread
chop 06:42 PM 01-17-2021
D. Williams did a good job today making Cleveland have to respect the run. Solid game for him so I made a thread just for him. I think he had 6 yard a carry average.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:38 PM 01-17-2021
Don't get enough respect around here as he deserves.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 01-18-2021
IIRC didn't Williams have a pretty tough injury last year?

He looks healthy now. He's a good player. He's not great, but he's a good solid RB.

You can find them anywhere.
[Reply]
TEX 09:54 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Bell is traditionally a patient runner... and unfortunately with our OLine, you have to hit the hole hard and fast when it appears.

I don't know if Bell is done, but he is just not a good fit for this offense.
I think he's done. But you're right in that he's not a good fit for this offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:54 AM 01-18-2021
I would be fine with Clyde, Damien, Darrel and a late rd RB on our roster next season
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would be fine with Clyde, Damien, Darrel and a late rd RB on our roster next season
Thats plenty good enough.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:58 AM 01-18-2021
I admit I was hard on Darrell because I thought he was really slow and looked like he was running in quicksand. But he played really well yesterday and proved me wrong.

What a performance by Darrel Williams yesterday with CEH out of the lineup. He played 79% of the offensive snaps, racking up 94 yards from scrimmage on 17 touches.

His run on fourth down immediately following Mahomes' exit was one of the undercover plays of the game.

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) January 18, 2021

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:03 AM 01-18-2021
Scratch drafting a RB off the board. We have 3 solid ones next year with the law firm of Williams, Williams and Clyde.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Scratch drafting a RB off the board. We have 3 solid ones next year with the law firm of Williams, Williams and Clyde.
Scratch drafting a rb off the board always no matter what.

Maybe in like the 5th round it's ok.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:05 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Agreed. Need OL, OL, OL, LB, and a WR among other things.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:05 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
I think he's done. But you're right in that he's not a good fit for this offense.
If we were able to run more screens, Bell would likely increase in value. To me, his running style doesn't fit our o-line...BUT...if we ran a consistent screen game, he'd be earning his keep and we'd love him. The fact that we're simply not running much of a screen game renders Bell somewhat useless.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 01-18-2021
Thankfully the chiefs spent a first rounder last year on a running ba.......

Ah shit. What have I done.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:16 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think Bell is just too patient for this OL the way it is. They clearly wanted Williams in there playing downhill.
This. Hit the the hole with 1 cut or no cut at all.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:07 AM 01-18-2021
Bell is done.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:10 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Bell is done.
Kind of looks that way.

Time for a different D.Williams to add his name to the KC book of post-season lore.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:27 AM 01-18-2021
Williams does run hard, my only nitpick is that it looks like he misses a lot of holes where he runs into the pile and if he would cut back, there would be some wide open spaces.

I think the only problem with Bell is that the Chiefs don't get away with holding like the Steelers do; he could wait for the 'block' which opened the hole to run through.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up