ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 23
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Taco Charlton
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:11 PM 05-01-2020

The Chiefs have agreed to a 1-year deal with DL Taco Charlton, a source tells Yahoo Sports.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 2, 2020

[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:01 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've been following that guy since I drafted him in our alternate reality game a few years ago. He's such an inexplicable story.

First, he got drafted by the Cowboys, which screwed him over. They had Demarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory and David Irving and Tyrone Crawford and a couple of other guys. Charlton was a first-round pick so he should have earned his way onto the field, but it was a really crowded position. So he sank to the bottom of the bog. He was getting some playing time, but not much.

So then the Cowboys cut him and Miami picks him up, and he takes off. He's averaging a sack a game and I'm blaming Dallas for his failures, and then all of a sudden Miami benches him. They don't just bench him, they make him a healthy inactive for the back end of the season.

So we know he's got talent, but we also know that he's got a flaw that drives coaches crazy. He's not playing within the scheme or he can't recognize plays or he's a locker room problem or something. The key is whether Spagnuolo can maximize his talents and minimize whatever this seemingly fatal flaw is.
That’s crazy. I remember the Cowboys being high on him when they drafted him. Talk about a low risk, high reward signing. I have a good feeling this will work out well. I would love to see him become a stud with us as a fuck you to Jerruh.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:32 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
That’s crazy. I remember the Cowboys being high on him when they drafted him. Talk about a low risk, high reward signing. I have a good feeling this will work out well. I would love to see him become a stud with us as a **** you to Jerruh.
he becomes a stud next year, he’ll sign with someone else the next year. A one year wonder is our ceiling. Down side is that he causes a locker room issue.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:35 PM 05-01-2020
Found our new Ogbah. Nice.

Then he’ll look good and get us a nice comp pick just like we did with Ogbah.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:36 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he becomes a stud next year, he’ll sign with someone else the next year. A one year wonder is our ceiling. Down side is that he causes a locker room issue.
No, a one year wonder and a comp pick is our ceiling.

And no, he’s not going to “cause a locker room issue”. He will be cut before that happens.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:38 PM 05-01-2020
Better be a vet minimum signing. Next announcement I hear better be a Chris Jones extension
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:42 PM 05-01-2020

Did someone say Taco?

It's Tuesday every day motherfucker

PS- EAD Speaks
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:59 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Teams like KC are perfect for one year prove it deals with guys who are on their last chance or have underachieved
Yea all they have to do is not fuck up and play decent and it works out great for them in the long run. Great for us in the short term.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 11:31 PM 05-01-2020
Love Taco! Think our D ocaches are going to make him a great player for us!
[Reply]
prhom 11:31 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
[img]

PS- EAD Speaks
I had honestly forgotten about Speaks completely until a few weeks ago when I was rewatching the 2018 season, and was like “who’s that 57 guy, oh yeah, don’t miss him at all”.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:37 PM 05-01-2020

[Reply]
Bump 11:38 PM 05-01-2020
played 10 games, started 5 with 5 sacks last year. Not bad, we do need some depth there.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:03 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Teams like KC are perfect for one year prove it deals with guys who are on their last chance or have underachieved
That's what I'm seeing. Every guy on this is under a microscope by the rest of the NFL because we are the new standard on how you build a team. But we got Mahomes and they dont.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:06 AM 05-02-2020
Taco is this year's Ogbah experiment, indeed.
[Reply]
Bump 12:15 AM 05-02-2020
Breeland Speaks probably heard the news and ordered a few dozen taco's from taco bell to honor his new teammate.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:25 AM 05-02-2020
OK, please don't kill the messenger, but I just had a stark, unsettling realization.

My beloved, Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs, are the equivalent of the AL Davis Raiders when it comes to player acquisitions.

The Raiders used to be the team that drafted players with character issues, and who signed the players the rest of the league shunned because of off the field issues or a history of run-ins with law enforcement, etc.

And now that team is us. We draft players who have issues, like Hill, Peters, and now Willie Gay Jr. We acquired Frank Clark, and Breeland was just arrested, and on the heels of that news we sign Taco Charlton. And a few years ago we had a player commit murder & suicide.

But thank goodness there is still a difference between my Chiefs and those filthy, disgusting Raider teams. Our Head Coach has a history of helping men turn their life around, and Andy Reid wants to help these players become better team mates and better people. Al Davis never cared about those players, he just reveled in pissing off the commissioner, and enhancing his team's reputation as a bunch of bad apples.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 4 of 23
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up