ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nfl must change playoff concussion protocol
chiefzilla1501 07:10 PM 01-05-2020
I'm still sour about Jamaal Charles, then flowers getting knocked out of the Colts playoff game a few years ago. Regular season... Sure. But ending a season on a doctors fuzzy opinion? Yeah, not a fan of that at all.

I'd argue that concussion protocol can make playoff games even more dangerous. We saw with bountygate what lengths a team will go to to knock a player out. What incentive does a DC have to not coach dirty football they can get away with? It's easy to play super dirty without risk of targeting.

Maybe Wentz didn't want to go back in. We know that Jamaal Charles was super pissed years ago that he couldn't. What say you... Is this an nfl rule that needs to be re-thought?
[Reply]
DaFace 07:13 PM 01-05-2020
There's no way in hell they change it.
[Reply]
Setsuna 07:13 PM 01-05-2020
If someone dies the NFL ceases to exist. Why would the NFL risk losing billions?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:14 PM 01-05-2020
Imagine the firestorm on here if Mahomes enters concussion protocol during the Texans game.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:17 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
If someone dies the NFL ceases to exist. Why would the NFL risk losing billions?
All the NFL in-game deaths, are just astounding.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:18 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Imagine the firestorm on here if Mahomes enters concussion protocol during the Texans game.
Exactly.

And do we really think DCs aren't looking at the Seattle game and telling their players to maybe add a little bit of extra dirty to a few hits? Do we really think there isn't still less obvious bountygate shit still not going on? On one play, Seattle knocked out the most important eagle... And clowney didn't get ejected let alone penalized. Huge advantage for the Seahawks.

I'm not saying there's an easy solution. But the protocol isn't making the game as safe as the NFL wants to pretend it is.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:19 PM 01-05-2020
I don't understand your argument... If it's a concussion in the regular season it's still a concussion in the playoffs.. The NFL isn't changing its criteria...
[Reply]
-King- 07:20 PM 01-05-2020
This makes no sense lmao.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:21 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why would you even THINK that, let alone type out the words on this forum.

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA...

[Reply]
-King- 07:23 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Exactly.

And do we really think DCs aren't looking at the Seattle game and telling their players to maybe add a little bit of extra dirty to a few hits? Do we really think there isn't still less obvious bountygate shit still not going on? On one play, Seattle knocked out the most important eagle... And clowney didn't get ejected let alone penalized. Huge advantage for the Seahawks.

I'm not saying there's an easy solution. But the protocol isn't making the game as safe as the NFL wants to pretend it is.
So to change that, if Mahomes gets a concussion, he should get to play and possibly hurt his head again?

How would that stop DCs who are telling their players to "add some extra dirty" from telling their players to keep adding the "extra dirty" until a player is all the way fucked up?
[Reply]
Bwana 07:23 PM 01-05-2020
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:25 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
This makes no sense lmao.
The idea of bountygate was that knocking out an important qb is well worth whatever fines or penalties you get. Offense loses a huge piece, and defenses at worst lose a player who's probably replaceable. Huge incentive for even dirtier football. Especially in the playoffs where desperate teams will do anything to win.

So let me ask this question instead? How do you disincentivize this? Because penalties and targeting barely accomplishes that.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:26 PM 01-05-2020
I agree. What happens to the guy that took him out? He should be forced to leave as well. Teams can simply target a key player and get a simple fine. I think clowney targeted him.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 07:27 PM 01-05-2020
ONLY way these issues get fixed is a referee sitting in a booth reviewing every play and making sure as hell he doesnt miss ANY head to head contact.
I'm all for more replay, I'm all for more challenges, I'm all for a "safer" game.... but missing those types of play is now not a reason for no penalty.
I'd add to that that the player who causes another player to be forced to leave a game for head to head contact should also not be able to finish the game.
[Reply]
-King- 07:28 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The idea of bountygate was that knocking out an important qb is well worth whatever fines or penalties you get. Offense loses a huge piece, and defenses at worst lose a player who's probably replaceable. Huge incentive for even dirtier football. Especially in the playoffs where desperate teams will do anything to win.

So let me ask this question instead? How do you disincentivize this? Because penalties and targeting barely accomplishes that.
How does removing the concussion protocol stop players from playing dirty?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up