ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>American Gods (STARZ)
unlurking 07:22 AM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:48 PM 08-03-2016
Michael Green is also behind it? I'm doubly sold. I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I enjoyed Kings in the brief run it had.
[Reply]
Frosty 07:40 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Did anyone else read this book and just not care for it. I had a hard time even finishing it.
I wasn't a big fan, which surprised me based on the hype for the book. I liked "Anansi Boys", which was similar, a lot more then "American Gods".
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:52 PM 08-04-2016
At the time I read the book, I imagined Al Pacino in that role. But I think Ian McShane is going to be great in it and was a fantastic casting choice.

Looking forward to this, I need to do a re-read of the book as it has been a few years since I read it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:01 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
At the time I read the book, I imagined Al Pacino in that role. But I think Ian McShane is going to be great in it and was a fantastic casting choice.

Looking forward to this, I need to do a re-read of the book as it has been a few years since I read it.
I'd probably agree.. though I don't think Pacino would be believable looking like a kind of 'has-been' like McShane can.

Further, once I saw that McShane was linked to the project I figured out who he'd be cast as very quickly into reading the book so I might be biased.

I also imagined Technical Boy being Jonah Hill based on the description in the book so I'm a little disappointed in how they've depicted the character based on the physical look of the guy. But of course getting Jonah Hill would be too tall of a task for STARZ so...
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:45 PM 04-12-2017

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:14 AM 04-15-2017

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:23 PM 04-23-2017
let the fanboi squeeing commence.

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:30 PM 04-24-2017
Really wish I had starz, but I can't justify the pay channels I have already, much less get another.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 02:29 PM 05-03-2017
I have not read the book, but I thouroughly enjoyed the first episode and am ready for the rest of the series. If this was on Netflix I'd already be half way thru it.

I'm interested in the book now.
[Reply]
JakeLV 04:05 PM 05-03-2017
I thought the ending of the book was very disappointing, even though I REALLY like Gaiman. It was an interesting concept, but I feel like it was stuck between trying to make a point and be fantasy.

Haven't been able to make it through the episode just yet, but I like what I've seen. There were certain characters I was interested in seeing, and I think they did a good job bringing them to screen/updating their characters (the internet kid was a pudgy nerd in the book).
[Reply]
vailpass 07:04 PM 05-03-2017
Meh. Looks like they're making a bunch of changes from the book at least early on.
Shadow Moon? Why add Moon?
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:00 PM 05-03-2017
He's Shadow Moon in the book.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:11 PM 05-03-2017
The acting was phenomenal in the 1st ep. If the show runners are good this will be great.
[Reply]
NightWolf 05:36 AM 05-05-2017
Pilot was.... amazing.
[Reply]
Silock 02:02 AM 05-06-2017
I didn't care for it. Too much slow-mo. Confusing plot (I haven't read the books). Lots of dialogue that doesn't actually develop the characters in any way.

I'll keep watching, but the pilot didn't do anything for me.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up