ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
In Memoriam>BigMeatballDave
Bowser 08:03 PM 05-01-2016
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick:
I figured since my father spent so much time on here and talked to so many of you, I'd give a bit of an update. BigMeatballDave is no longer able to post on ChiefsPlanet. He has been entered into hospice care and is on his final weeks. If anybody would like to help, I am raising money for his cremation and any other expenses he has after he passes. gofundme.com/2v6zxfck Thank you everybody.
He was 45 and it was a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme.
He loved the planet. He would always send me links off here and show me things people said while I was growing up.
Here is the link to Nick's gofundme....

https://www.gofundme.com/2v6zxfck%C2%A0
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:43 PM 05-02-2016
Wow. So sorry to hear this.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:49 PM 05-02-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I did the same thing and I knew. I just didn't know the extent. I assumed he'd come out just fine, and now I'm sitting here hoping the guy knew it was all in good fun anyways. It kind of sucks.
Yes, it sure does suck.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 04:51 PM 05-02-2016
Very sorry to hear this. I wish I could have donated more.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:01 PM 05-02-2016
Obviously didn't know him personally, but he seemed like one of the good guys here at CP. Always enjoyed what he had to say. I was always dreading this a thread like this when we all heard he had been diagnosed. He is definitely in our thoughts and best wishes to you and your family.
[Reply]
Gonzo 05:10 PM 05-02-2016
Hang in there Dave. All the best to you and your family. I renamed the lounge on your behalf buddy.

:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 05:18 PM 05-02-2016
Damn. I had a few interactions with him, he always seemed like a pretty good guy. He'll be missed around here. I'll hit the go fund me acct. on payday.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 05:23 PM 05-02-2016
:-)Terrible news
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:49 PM 05-02-2016
I have always been impressed with the way Dave handled this. GBM is a tough diagnosis, but he never showed any sign of weakness here, and I doubt he ever did in real life either. He seemed to have a quiet courage and peace about him even as he faced down the longest of odds. I hope that if I ever am dealt something like this I could face it as well as Dave has.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:49 PM 05-02-2016
I'm going to throw this out as an option because I am somewhat familiar with what they do:

http://medcure.org/

You can look through their website and decide if this is something you want to consider. This a free service.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:08 PM 05-02-2016
Dave,

It's been an honor to know you, even if it's just through our interactions on this message board. We laughed at the victories and seethed in the defeats. But in the end none of them matter when somebody who has grown into a friend has the sun set too early on his life.

I'll miss you Dave. May you travel quickly, and painlessly into the next life my friend.

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that’s always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.

[Reply]
eDave 06:09 PM 05-02-2016
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Dave,

It's been an honor to know you, even if it's just through our interactions on this message board. We laughed at the victories and seethed in the defeats. But in the end none of them matter when somebody who has grown into a friend has the sun set too early on his life.

I'll miss you Dave. May you travel quickly, and painlessly into the next life my friend.

This is very touching.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:11 PM 05-02-2016
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Dave,

Nice.
[Reply]
58-4ever 06:16 PM 05-02-2016
Awful news... Sending love your way, Dave.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:17 PM 05-02-2016
I've been thinking about ya all day, Dave... so glad to have spent time with you here

If there is any possible chance to check in with us again, it would be so, So, SO awesome... God bless you David Davis
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:50 PM 05-02-2016
Godspeed great poster. I hope we meet up in the next life.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up