ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 275 of 341
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:10 AM 01-21-2021
Tucker Carlson makes an appearance at Hickok45s place.
https://youtu.be/bllex34lc9w
[Reply]
vailpass 03:37 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Tucker Carlson makes an appearance at Hickok45s place.
https://youtu.be/bllex34lc9w
:-) You know ol' Hickock likely leans a little to the right.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:20 PM 01-21-2021
Bought a few rounds of ammo from a contact I met on Gun Broker last month
I asked what "deals" he had on 9mm right now. He told me the prices have gone up a bit recently and could not really help me with any deals right now.
He did give me a lead. He said they are selling it cheaper than he can.Not cheap (like the good old days) but reasonable comparatively speaking. Kansas City Metro Company. Bought a "box" from them.
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/Ammunition
[Reply]
Frazod 10:29 PM 01-21-2021
After months of dicking around, my buddy has finally got his press up and running again. Thank God.
[Reply]
srvy 01:57 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Bought a few rounds of ammo from a contact I met on Gun Broker last month
I asked what "deals" he had on 9mm right now. He told me the prices have gone up a bit recently and could not really help me with any deals right now.
He did give me a lead. He said they are selling it cheaper than he can.Not cheap (like the good old days) but reasonable comparatively speaking. Kansas City Metro Company. Bought a "box" from them.
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/Ammunition
I've bought fishing and duck and goose gear for years from Rodger's. Good knowledgeable advice can be found from those guys too.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:26 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
After months of dicking around, my buddy has finally got his press up and running again. Thank God.
There's a "Freedom of the Press" joke in there somewhere.

I your buddy a bourbon drinker?
[Reply]
vailpass 06:00 PM 01-22-2021
It was a little rainy here this morning. I had the steel target pistol range all to myself at Ben Avery Shooting Range, the largest outdoor shooting range in the country. It was a good morning.

[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:08 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It was a little rainy here this morning. I had the steel target pistol range all to myself at Ben Avery Shooting Range, the largest outdoor shooting range in the country. It was a good morning.

Niiiiiccccceeeeee!!!!
:-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:15 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I got my hands on 400 larger rifle primers this morning.
Ive been looking since I contacted you about it.
I laid out 740.00 for the Rem Model 81 and have been forced to just looking at it.
Were just a day or so away from finally being able to feed it.
Nice to hear your press is back in the game.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:42 PM 01-23-2021
Semi off subject but any of you use electronic ear protection when hunting? My kid came home from Afghanistan with some hearing loss but wants to bow hunt. Anybody have anything good to say about Walkers game ear or Howard Leights or others? Something that has directional hearing but can also be used at the range for hearing protection? TIA
[Reply]
driver2 06:24 AM 01-24-2021
I don't know what the supply .guns and ammo. is like back east but their isn't a serious
rifle or pistol to be found. The ammo supply no longer exist. Don't waste anything. Just a word to the wise.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:15 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by driver2:
I don't know what the supply .guns and ammo. is like back east but their isn't a serious
rifle or pistol to be found. The ammo supply no longer exist. Don't waste anything. Just a word to the wise.

Yeah, I don't get it as well. According to most of the manufactures (Remington, Winchester, etc) they are working at double speed - 7 days a week to put out PLENTY of ammunition yet, where the hell is it?

Granted, there are a lot more gun owners today than there has been in the last 50 or so years but, C'mon. If the ammo plants were actually working that hard, they should have little trouble keeping up with demand - if what they say about their production rates is true.

I sometimes wonder if this "shortage" isn't reminiscent of the middle 70s and the phony "gas shortage" that I lived through. Not enough oil, while tankers sat in the Gulf waiting to be off loaded.....

Just a thought.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:18 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Semi off subject but any of you use electronic ear protection when hunting? My kid came home from Afghanistan with some hearing loss but wants to bow hunt. Anybody have anything good to say about Walkers game ear or Howard Leights or others? Something that has directional hearing but can also be used at the range for hearing protection? TIA

I use Howard Leights and love them. On a side note - it always made me chuckle a littler bit. Back in the 60s When I was in the Army - they were ape-shit crazy during Basic Training about ear plugs. I mean APE SHIT crazy. Don't have your ear plugs? You just might receive an Article 15.

Arrived in Viet Nam. The first thing they told us - "Get rid of those damned ear plugs"

:-) :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:19 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Yeah, I don't get it as well. According to most of the manufactures (Remington, Winchester, etc) they are working at double speed - 7 days a week to put out PLENTY of ammunition yet, where the hell is it?

Granted, there are a lot more gun owners today than there has been in the last 50 or so years but, C'mon. If the ammo plants were actually working that hard, they should have little trouble keeping up with demand - if what they say about their production rates is true.

I sometimes wonder if this "shortage" isn't reminiscent of the middle 70s and the phony "gas shortage" that I lived through. Not enough oil, while tankers sat in the Gulf waiting to be off loaded.....

Just a thought.
I doubt the media will do any investigative reporting about this. Yeah, we've heard what the CEO said in the video, but I'm sure he'd lawyer up and claim he has no idea what happens to his product once it leaves his docks.

Something doesn't smell right here, we're hearing a lot of excuses (like hunting rounds such as 243 and 30-06 have been sacrificed in production in favor of 223), but then none of us is stepping up and saying that they're seeing the ammo.

It seems like after most of the trucks leave the manufacturer's loading docks they drive into a lake.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:31 AM 01-24-2021
I gotta wear earplugs at work, normally on the job I use the most comfortable foam ones. But they have a box of ones called Moldex Jetz that I grab a handful of packs every time I go shooting. They work great and are supposed to be reusable
[Reply]
Page 275 of 341
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285325 > Last »
Up