ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 324
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:00 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think it will help him. It's the system he came from. I could be wrong but I believe being in a 4-3 he will have less keys and checks on gaps and such.
Hitchens is a WLB in a 4-3 I’m sure it will help him, but there is a reason Dallas let him go and now I know why
[Reply]
petegz28 09:01 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'd keep Houston/Ford, try to sign Thomas 1 yr, draft a corner at the end of the first and an interior lineman in the 2nd
You don't think Nadi and Jones can play the N\DT position?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:02 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Hitchens is a WLB in a 4-3 I’m sure it will help him, but there is a reason Dallas let him go and now I know why
I mean we don't know anything right now but I would assume he will play the MLB with us. I'd rather have DoD and the WLB spot.....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 PM 01-24-2019
If it were me, I'm drafting corners, safeties, and LB'ers.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:05 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Lmao,

Yeah I get it you think it will make a difference, I’ll point out other teams who have in last 5 years moved from 3-4 to 4-3 taking 2-3 years to be good.

Someone else will come in and make the dumb comment that 4-3 DEs are easy to find. And how Hitches can somehow play MLB in a 4-3.

Then someone will come in and say DE is speak natural position so he for sure must be better. And Houston will be fine at DE.... etc etc

I get it,

But history says otherwise
Yeah, sorry just don’t really see your point in all this.

Does it really matter that they’re switching schemes when the defense was complete dog shit as is? Like are they going to get worse? I sure don’t see it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:06 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You don't think Nadi and Jones can play the N\DT position?
I do but we have a plethora of picks it would be nice to have a rotation of lineman. The Eagles and Seahawks seem to do this.

Plus in some packages you could kick Jones outside to end, line up Ford at the other, kick Houston to OLB, Nadi & Rookie inside.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:07 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If it were me, I'm drafting corners, safeties, and LB'ers.
Agreed. If you can trade for a Peterson or Ramsey then you might be able to draft a CB later in the draft and focus on the S\LB spots. We don't know what we have in Watts but I think he will be a ball hawk. Lucas is still enough of a ? that you have to draft behind him and let him compete.

If we can't trade for an elite CB then yeah, I think you have to seriously consider going CB #1 and then see how you can work them in with Fuller, Nelson and Ward. It would be nice if you could put Fuller back at NCB but he has done a good job outside.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:07 PM 01-24-2019
The scheme change isn’t even nearly as big of a factor nowadays anyways. As others have noted, teams are in nickel and dime packages mostly anyways.

It’s about how he will adjust, prepare, develop talent, and motivate them as a unit. That’s where the difference must be made.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:08 PM 01-24-2019
I do but we have a plethora of picks it would be nice to have a rotation of lineman. The Eagles and Seahawks seem to do this.

Plus in some packages you could kick Jones outside to end, line up Ford at the other, kick Houston to OLB, Nadi & Rookie inside.
You've got Nnadi and Williams for the 1 tech.
Jones is the only 3 tech, unless you sign Bailey back for that which I seriously doubt.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:08 PM 01-24-2019
People are also forgetting the $ that will be freeing up or not getting tied up on the offensive side of the ball. Namely at this point Morse. He will not be retained. We have some younger guys on offense that can help $ wise cause we are going to need it for Hill\Kelce\Mahomes in the coming year or two.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:11 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The scheme change isn’t even nearly as big of a factor nowadays anyways. As others have noted, teams are in nickel and dime packages mostly anyways.

It’s about how he will adjust, prepare, develop talent, and motivate them as a unit. That’s where the difference must be made.
Exactly. You really aren't in a "base" defense much anymore with all the 3 wide, 4 wide stuff. I think the biggest deal will be the situational calls. Going Cover 2 on 3rd & 10 vs. Blitzing, etc.

Also Sutton's defenses always lacked swagger. Need some nastiness ....
[Reply]
staylor26 09:11 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Jones is the only 3 tech, unless you sign Bailey back for that which I seriously doubt.
Speaks can play the 3 Tech too. It might even be ideal.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:11 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Speaks can play the 3 Tech too. It might even be ideal.
Hadn't really thought about Speaks in the 3 but yeah, that could be something you see, especially on passing downs. But I don't pull Jones on passing downs so......
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:13 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You gonna play those guys all the snaps or rotate them? When you rotate them who you gonna have? Xavier William's? You can never have enough talent on the line especially when you've struggled against the run.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:15 PM 01-24-2019
You gonna play those guys all the snaps or rotate them? When you rotate them who you gonna have? Xavier William's? You can never have enough talent on the line especially when you've struggled against the run.
What? 1 Tech is 1 position with the rotation being Nnadi/Williams. Likewise with the 3 Tech rotation being Jones and Bailey/Speaks/???
[Reply]
Page 30 of 324
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up