ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 181 of 187
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** The Official Chiefs vs. Buccaneers game day thread *****
big nasty kcnut 12:00 AM 11-29-2020
Let's do this. Time for old Tom to feel the pain train woo woo!
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:40 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
OK, fuck me then.

Try to explain reasonable common ground where people see different perspectives, and get the same blowback.

Starting to sense a

YOU SAID, from your own fucking keyboard. YOU. . . . SAID. . . The SB made you a different kind of fan.

THAT'S OK. . . But it's also OK that other people are still a different kind of fan, or the same kind, or whatever, . . . or maybe I'm perpetually full of shit. Who knows?
You're completely missing the point.

There's NOTHING wrong with criticism. Did you not see me post that Frank Clark should be benched after his 2nd roughing call today? Maybe you should look at the Frank Clark sucks thread where we're discussing how soon he can be cut.

There's nothing wrong with discussion, even if it's critical or negative.

There is a contingent of people here that put ZERO thought into their posts. Everybody sucks, everybody is embarrassing, everybody should be cut.

I seriously don't see how you can't see that.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-29-2020, 07:41 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: peace and quiet
DJJasonp 07:42 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Seriously. What did we do to deserve Pat Mahomes ?
He’s a gift and a once in a lifetime talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. the 80s
2. phantom holding call at miami playoff '90
3. Frozen turf/concussed Montana
4. The kicker that shall go unnamed
5. Grbac/cheating donks playoff game
6. Losing DT in his prime
7. No punt playoff vs Fivehead
8. Cassel
9. Luck fumble/TD playoff game
10. Priest/Jamaal lack of playoff games/success
11. Phantom holding vs Pitt playoff game
12. Pioli/Haley
13. Dee Ford

Enough?
[Reply]
alanm 07:42 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think the rational folks are clearly in between. Admittedly, though, I was never worried. 17-0 lead was a guaranteed win, even against a team as good/complete as Tampa. Even if we had fallen behind, it would likely be a 1-score game with Mahomes leading the comeback. Hard to imagine anyone being worried about that.

I honestly don't care about style points or the Aunt Bea perspective of "Oh, what will they think/say? Get the win, move on. That's literally the objective and it's really difficult to do in the NFL. Period.
I'm with you. Just get the win. I don't care about style points. Even still, Mahomes isn't going to be able to pull off a win all the time. It would be nice if he didn't have to do so either.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:42 PM 11-29-2020
And for the record, I didn't say a word to any of them in the game thread today.

I made only constructive comments and the responses I did make were grounded only in stats and not in emotion.

I did exactly what I said I was going to do which is let it slide. And here you are, still hammering on it. Why?
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 07:43 PM 11-29-2020
If Hardman catches a ball that an NFL wr should should make 95% of the time, it's a blowout.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:44 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Seriously. What did we do to deserve Pat Mahomes ?
No pussy for 26 years
[Reply]
DRM08 07:44 PM 11-29-2020
Be honest, this game was coached identical to many of our playoff losses under Reid, starting with the Colts debacle.

Only we now have the once in a century phenom in Mahomes instead of a standard issue quality QB in Smith.

That's an enduring trait.
This reminded me of the Baltimore & Buffalo games earlier in the year. Mahomes made some clutch plays to convert multiple first downs at the end, making sure these games did not slip away.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-29-2020, 07:44 PM
htismaqe 07:44 PM 11-29-2020
Be honest, this game was coached identical to many of our playoff losses under Reid, starting with the Colts debacle.

Only we now have the once in a century phenom in Mahomes instead of a standard issue quality QB in Smith.

What exactly was wrong with what he did?

It seems like when it's time to run the ball, people want him to throw it all over the field. And when it's time to throw it all over the field and they fall incomplete, people complain he isn't running the ball enough.

So I ask again, what exactly was the issue? The play calling was fine, the execution was poor. Penalties, dropped passes, etc. It's on the players.
[Reply]
alanm 07:44 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How long have you been a member of CP? :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:45 PM 11-29-2020
What you see as ZERO THOUGHT I read as more of an exhibition of a more volatile personality.

Growing up, did you think John McEnroe actually thought every line judge was 'the worst moron he'd ever seen'
No, but I sure as hell thought John McEnroe was a colossal whiny pussy. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:45 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No pussy for 26 years
you poor bastard.

:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:45 PM 11-29-2020

Ridiculous comparison and nothing but hyperbole.

When Reid runs the ball he isn't being aggressive enough, when the throws it and it doesn't work he is mis managing the clock.

Reid dint cause the refs to call 3 silly holding calls on one drive or Frank Clark to get 2 stupid ass PF penalties on the ensuing defensive drive.

Andy didnt drop a 90 yard TD pass.

Way more to it than how Andy "coached" the game.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:46 PM 11-29-2020

Please provide statistical evidence in terms of our offensive playcalling to support the notion that ‘this game was coached identical to many of our playoff losses under Reid.’
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-29-2020, 07:46 PM
FAX 07:48 PM 11-29-2020
Victory!

(Shouldn't have been that close, though.)

FAX
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:48 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What exactly was wrong with what he did?

It seems like when it's time to run the ball, people want him to throw it all over the field. And when it's time to throw it all over the field and they fall incomplete, people complain he isn't running the ball enough.

So I ask again, what exactly was the issue? The play calling was fine, the execution was poor. Penalties, dropped passes, etc. It's on the players.
Strangely enough thats on Reid but all the good things that happened to cause us to win the game aren't on Reid. Thats how this works.
[Reply]
Page 181 of 187
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185 > Last »
Up