ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2577 of 3903
« First < 1577207724772527256725732574257525762577 257825792580258125872627267730773577 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 09:10 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
So understanding that decisions have consequences, how many people are you willing to kill?
We’re seeing all around Europe that kids aren’t much for vectors here with this. We’ve got prime case studies on what’s happening with it there right before our eyes.

What are the consequences of no in school classes this year?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Seriously...**** that band. Their music sucks anyway.

They did have like 3 good songs......
[Reply]
O.city 09:11 PM 07-12-2020
The biggest game changer would be immediate saliva tests. That would allow us to go forward and get back to somewhat normal

How or why aren’t we putting all our efforts on that?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:12 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Schools are already facing a logistical nightmare. With time they can do better but they aren't currently doing that well with online especially at the very youngest levels.

I would prefer governments of all levels were willing to spend more money to prepare schools.

For instance if a mouth swab/saliva test can be reliable enough, then test students all the time whether their throat is sore or not.
The other part that I have not seen mentioned yet is liability. If one student dies from Covid and it is proven that the student was infected at the school they will be sued for wrongful death.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:14 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The biggest game changer would be immediate saliva tests. That would allow us to go forward and get back to somewhat normal

Yeah I kinda wonder what happened to the whole 5 minute test we kept hearing about. I think we will see protocols where kids will have their temps taken everyday at the beginning of school. When we drop my Son off at camp they take his temp before he even gets out of the car.

But a quick test of some sort is sorely needed.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:14 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
That's probably as good of a strategy as anything else. Should go over great in a press conference....Mr Mayor, how did you arrive at this decision? Well, I took a lot of factors into consideration...read the recommendations from the CDC and local health officials....studied the data...finally said fuck it and flipped a coin.
Not really any reasonable person will understand that if you are forced into a situation like our country is in right now you err on the side of caution when lives are on the line. You postpone schools to protect our children.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:15 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Not really any reasonable person will understand that if you are forced into a situation like our country is in right now you err on the side of caution when lives are on the line. You postpone schools to protect our children.
You have kids?
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 PM 07-12-2020
The reason schools were shut down was straight from the influenza vectoring playbook

Now we’re seeing that kids aren’t that with Covid.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:19 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Even if they have to go to the doctor it's not 14 days.
Maybe where YOU live.

In my city, we need to make appointments weeks, if not a month or more in advance.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:21 PM 07-12-2020
The reason schools were shut down was straight from the influenza vectoring playbook

Exactly. We had no idea what we were dealing with. We do now. And most districts are still offering an opt-out option to families.

People say "cancel school" like it has little impact. It not only impacts the child's education drastically, it also impacts families economically as well. Parents can't just "work from home" on a whim and when they do they have to work, not play Teacher. Not to mention people like single parents or families with multiple children.

And studies have shown that elementary students retain very little of what they learn online.

I'm sorry but unless there is an obvious and direct threat in my area my child is going to school.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:21 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I wish it was that simple. But it's not. As I mentioned, they've had months to plan for this. Analyze every aspect of a child's day at your school. Identify risks, either eliminate or mitigate. Get it fucking done. Or send me half of my fucking property tax money back.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:22 PM 07-12-2020

If we put 734,000 kids in the LAUSD next month, we’re going to see an incalculable number of cases in Los Angeles.

I’m sure the same would happen NYC, Miami, Chicago and so on.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:25 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
80s rock titans ‘Great White’ play a concert in North Dakota with no
Social distancing in place.

If you can't trust Great White when it comes to fan safety, who can you trust?
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If we put 734,000 kids in the LAUSD next month, we’re going to see an incalculable number of cases in Los Angeles.

I’m sure the same would happen NYC, Miami, Chicago and so on.
Based on what we know so far, not likely.

Where is everyone getting the info that kids are getting, passing and having issues here? Everything I’ve read is the opposite?
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:30 PM 07-12-2020

Given the primary method of transferring the disease seems to be breath droplets - I'd settle for some kind of breathalyzer people have to blow into.
[Reply]
Page 2577 of 3903
« First < 1577207724772527256725732574257525762577 257825792580258125872627267730773577 > Last »
Up