ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2517 of 3903
« First < 1517201724172467250725132514251525162517 251825192520252125272567261730173517 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 05:00 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I think there was a way to make that happen.

I've laid it out multiple times here.

But **** pete, you are against wearing a mask still.

Shows that there are so many stupid people out there that no I don't think it's ever going away at this point
It's amazing. All one has to do is look at other countries who did lock down and didn't reopen until they saw the same declines that the task force recommended.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:05 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
What's stupid is thinking this was just going to all go away in a month or two because people wore a mask.

But you obviously you know better than everyone. And just so you know, many experts are now pushing the WHO to classify this as airborne.

It was never going to go away at any point. Something you have failed to come to grips with this entire time.

But I am not here to argue with you. Good day.
It wasn't about wearing a mask, that was never in the. plan to get rid of it

That was just to point out how fucking stupid people are, you obviously included.
[Reply]
Donger 05:07 PM 07-06-2020
(CNN)Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said Monday the status of the coronavirus pandemic in the US is "really not good" as new cases surge across the country.

"We are still knee-deep in the first wave of this. And I would say, this would not be considered a wave. It was a surge, or a resurgence of infections superimposed upon a baseline," Fauci said in Facebook Live interview with National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins.

"The European Union as an entity, it went up and then came down to baseline," he continued. "Now they're having little blips, as you might expect, as they try to reopen. We went up, never came down to baseline, and now it's surging back up. So it's a serious situation that we have to address immediately."

His comments come as coronavirus cases continue to soar in the US -- with at least 32 states reporting higher rates of new cases this week compared to the last, according to Johns Hopkins University data. Nearly 3 million Americans have been infected with the virus and more than 129,000 have died.

Fauci on Monday pointed to "a series of circumstances associated with various states and cities trying to open up" too early as a key factor in the virus' surge and emphasized the US "should use the public health effort as a vehicle and a pathway to get to safe reopening."

"So we've got to make sure that we don't create this binary type thing of 'it's us against them,'" he said of public health efforts and the US economy.

"It's not. We're all in it together."

Fauci's assessment builds on the stark warning he issued to lawmakers on Capitol Hill last week, telling them he wouldn't be surprised if the US sees new cases of coronavirus rising to a level of 100,000 a day.

"We are now having 40-plus thousand new cases a day. I would not be surprised if we go up to 100,000 a day if this does not turn around and so I am very concerned," Fauci told the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.

He specifically expressed dismay over people congregating in crowds and not wearing masks and inadequate attention being paid to guidelines on reopening.

"We're going to continue to be in a lot of trouble," he said. "And there's going to be a lot of hurt if that does not stop."
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:09 PM 07-06-2020
And haven't we always known it was spread through the air by people talking and breathing?

There's nothing new there Pete...
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:14 PM 07-06-2020
Based on his posting, it's all new to Pete every day.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:29 PM 07-06-2020
Hope this helps pete.
Attached: Untitled.png (39.2 KB) 
[Reply]
petegz28 05:36 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
And haven't we always known it was spread through the air by people talking and breathing?

There's nothing new there Pete...
:-) you think you're so smart. It is not classified as an airborne virus....yet. And FYI masks don't do much against airborne.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 05:37 PM 07-06-2020
204 deaths across the ENTIRE COUNTRY yesterday. We back bros. Get back to work and wait for the next media created circus.

As my guy Ric Flair said: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
[Reply]
petegz28 05:38 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Hope this helps pete.
Meanwhile the CDC is about to pull the epidemic status of Covid because the death count has dropped so much.

But you keep drawing pictures.

[Reply]
petegz28 05:44 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
204 deaths across the ENTIRE COUNTRY yesterday. We back bros. Get back to work and wait for the next media created circus.

As my guy Ric Flair said: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
There are obvious reasons it was so low yesterday but it's still a good thing. I literally just listened to a Doctor say the rise in cases is not cause for panic. Before everyone freaks out he was referring to the death count fortunately staying low. He did say we need to take the hospitalizations seriously but the death rate is ultimately where we need to focus.

[Reply]
TLO 05:47 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
There are obvious reasons it was so low yesterday but it's still a good thing. I literally just listened to a Doctor say the rise in cases is not cause for panic. Before everyone freaks out he was referring to the death count fortunately staying low. He did say we need to take the hospitalizations seriously but the death rate is ultimately where we need to focus.

It's difficult to find accurate hospitalization data I've found. You can go from county website to county website and piece together information but that takes forever.

I read an article for my local area today that our hospital has the capacity for up to 300 covid patients. The article said there were 100n negative pressure rooms, but they could treat 300 people if needed. That bit was kind of confusing.

We are currently at 12. The highest we've been is 21.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:50 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
(CNN)Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said Monday the status of the coronavirus pandemic in the US is "really not good" as new cases surge across the country.

"We are still knee-deep in the first wave of this. And I would say, this would not be considered a wave. It was a surge, or a resurgence of infections superimposed upon a baseline," Fauci said in Facebook Live interview with National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins.

"The European Union as an entity, it went up and then came down to baseline," he continued. "Now they're having little blips, as you might expect, as they try to reopen. We went up, never came down to baseline, and now it's surging back up. So it's a serious situation that we have to address immediately."

His comments come as coronavirus cases continue to soar in the US -- with at least 32 states reporting higher rates of new cases this week compared to the last, according to Johns Hopkins University data. Nearly 3 million Americans have been infected with the virus and more than 129,000 have died.

Fauci on Monday pointed to "a series of circumstances associated with various states and cities trying to open up" too early as a key factor in the virus' surge and emphasized the US "should use the public health effort as a vehicle and a pathway to get to safe reopening."

"So we've got to make sure that we don't create this binary type thing of 'it's us against them,'" he said of public health efforts and the US economy.

"It's not. We're all in it together."

Fauci's assessment builds on the stark warning he issued to lawmakers on Capitol Hill last week, telling them he wouldn't be surprised if the US sees new cases of coronavirus rising to a level of 100,000 a day.

"We are now having 40-plus thousand new cases a day. I would not be surprised if we go up to 100,000 a day if this does not turn around and so I am very concerned," Fauci told the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.

He specifically expressed dismay over people congregating in crowds and not wearing masks and inadequate attention being paid to guidelines on reopening.

"We're going to continue to be in a lot of trouble," he said. "And there's going to be a lot of hurt if that does not stop."
Meanwhile:

In Britain, the pubs reopened. In Japan and around Europe, children are going back to school. Professional sports have resumed, albeit without fans for now. Restaurants are open again. The pandemic is over for the most part in countries where they took it seriously from the jump.

Whether they are young people testing positive in the US or not, we're the only country that seems to be dealing with a second peak in the first wave. In other places the tide seems to have gone out.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:50 PM 07-06-2020
The nightly medical information presented by Dr. Olathe is just amazing.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:51 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The nightly medical information presented by Dr. Olathe is just amazing.
You should be a little more grateful.......

[Reply]
petegz28 05:55 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It's difficult to find accurate hospitalization data I've found. You can go from county website to county website and piece together information but that takes forever.

I read an article for my local area today that our hospital has the capacity for up to 300 covid patients. The article said there were 100n negative pressure rooms, but they could treat 300 people if needed. That bit was kind of confusing.

We are currently at 12. The highest we've been is 21.
Looks like we will be higher than last Monday but I suspect some of that is backlog from Friday. Either way it's marginal.

[Reply]
Page 2517 of 3903
« First < 1517201724172467250725132514251525162517 251825192520252125272567261730173517 > Last »
Up