ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 298
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:49 AM 10-15-2018
I guess we're in no position to make adjustments!

I'd be happy to promote BS's assistant for the rest of the season. There's no way we can get worse on D.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:49 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
You guys wanna blitz and try and get pressure. That's whats gonna happen.

Who would you prefer to put out there? A corner? Ok, then you're putting a safety on Edelman.
This has been discussed a lot and the simple fact no one has ever convinced me of otherwise is this:

Playing coverage or blitz we're most likely getting burned either way, but at LEAST with blitzing we cause a couple negative plays, and potentially some HUGE ones - we saw how Brady reacted in 1 or 2 rare spots under pressure. Also, if it legitimately lets teams scores faster, that *IS* better than scoring slow. We lost TOP 23:37 or something.

So those are 2 legitimate pros to blitzing. What are the legitimate pros to coverage? Because I didn't see a single fucking one last night.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
This has been discussed a lot and the simple fact no one has ever convinced me of otherwise is this:

Playing coverage or blitz we're most likely getting burned either way, but at LEAST with blitzing we cause a couple negative plays, and potentially some HUGE ones - we saw how Brady reacted in 1 or 2 rare spots under pressure. Also, if it legitimately lets teams scores faster, that *IS* better than scoring slow. We lost TOP 23:37 or something.

So those are 2 legitimate pros to blitzing. What are the legitimate pros to coverage? Because I didn't see a single fucking one last night.
They've gotten negative plays rushing 3 too. You guys simply aren't acknowledging reality.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I guess we're in no position to make adjustments!

I'd be happy to promote BS's assistant for the rest of the season. There's no way we can get worse on D.
He made adjustments, both going into the game and DURING the game. They didn't work.
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They didn't blitz they rushed 3 which makes him being alone on Gronk worse
Ok, whats the alternative?

players need to make plays. Period.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:51 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Chiefs have as much defensive talent on the field as the Patriots do but the Patriots were able to get to Mahomes a lot more often and it was only Mahomes' ability to work outside the pocket that saved him.
Hightower is much better than both of our ILB’s. Gilmore is much better than any of our corners.
Chung and McCourty vs guys we picked up off the street making their first start for us at safety.

Yeah I’m calling bullshit on this one.
[Reply]
O.city 10:52 AM 10-15-2018

So those are 2 legitimate pros to blitzing. What are the legitimate pros to coverage? Because I didn't see a single ****ing one last night.
The turnover they got was from playing coverage.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 10-15-2018
Maybe you should ask Steve Young, who criticized the Broncos late in the MNF comeback because they brought too much pressure and gave up a big play.

Or Trent Green. Or whoever was calling the Steelers game yesterday, when Cinci brought the house and gave up a WR screen for a touchdown.

This isn't black or white. At all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:52 AM 10-15-2018
Hey, we're paying Berry tons of cash and he won't even buy a razor and get a haircut, perhaps we can promote him and bring his enthusiasm for defense into the picture. Let another assistant take over when he's ready to play...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:52 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ok, whats the alternative?

players need to make plays. Period.
I'd settle for Shaw not being alone on Gronkowski.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:53 AM 10-15-2018
You guys can pick it apart all you want. If you give Brady the ball in a tie ball game with 3 minutes left, you're going to lose.

He's going to milk the clock and get his team into comfortable chip-shot FG range. He's been doing this for 20 years against much better teams. You knew it the minute Tyreek scored that touchdown.

They were giving up big plays all game, but you could have subbed in the best D in the NFL at that point and you're still fucked.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:53 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

Pick your poison and drink it. You're still gonna die.
If you're sure the cup in front of you is indeed poison that will kill you, why not try the other cup?
[Reply]
gold_and_red 10:53 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
While rushing three :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:53 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Hey, we're paying Berry tons of cash and he won't even buy a razor and get a haircut, perhaps we can promote him and bring his enthusiasm for defense into the picture. Let another assistant take over when he's ready to play...
Fuck that. He wants to pretend to be a leader while sitting on the sidelines and nursing a boo boo on his heal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
And when Edelman beats you because you were doubling Gronk?

They picked them apart all freaking night. If it wasn't Michel or White, it was Edelman. The two big plays to Hogan were backbreaking. HOGAN.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 298
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up