ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tequila connoisseurs - Advice
TNTEICHER 12:31 PM 03-03-2021
I have love of tequila and would like advice. Am looking for a 100% agave resposado.
[Reply]
srvy 12:57 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I tend not to drink tequila very often because just as whiskey/scotch tends to bring out my inner angry Scotsman, tekillya in turn brings out my inner angry Mexican

That said, just got back with a bottle of Don Julio Blanco that I'll start sipping on shortly... after this beer appetizer, of course

If I start becoming a belligerent asshole later, you'll know why...
:-):-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:56 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
:-):-)
Yep it went off without a hitch last night, didn't wake up this morning to find out I was banned or had posted a bunch of regrettable shit :-)
[Reply]
burt 02:17 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by DomerNKC:
I Remember killing a bottle of Patron silver with you in 1998 playing Goldeneye. You didn't mind it that much...
YOU musta bought. Free tequila is the best tequila. Good to see you on here.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:32 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Wrong. I'll post my recipe later.
Much, much later, apparently
[Reply]
eDave 02:40 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Close

2 parts tequila
1 part triple sec
Juice from 2 limes
.5 parts agave nectar

Authentic margarita.
This fuck made me one of these and it was delish.
[Reply]
DomerNKC 08:56 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
YOU musta bought. Free tequila is the best tequila. Good to see you on here.
it was relatively new to the market. Our mother had just passed. Thought you would have remembered. I thought you had quit drinking...
[Reply]
burt 11:25 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by DomerNKC:
I thought you had quit drinking...
That doesn't improve my memory.....
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:12 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Much, much later, apparently
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. Everyone who has tried these tell me they are the best margaritas they have ever had.

1.75L - Bottle Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix
375ML - Premium Tequila (I usually use Patron silver)
5 oz. - Grand Marnier
3 oz. - Orange Rum (Bacardi O or equivalent)
6 oz. - Pulp Free Orange Juice

Mix well, pour over ice, and enjoy!
[Reply]
In58men 08:25 AM 03-13-2021
After taking a tequila shot, bite into an orange with cinnamon on it.

DON’T FUCKING SAY ANYTHING JUST FUCKING DO IT.

You’re welcome.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:37 AM 03-13-2021
May I suggest an orange brandy vs. rum.

But after seeing the mix, maybe not. give it a try.

I just use the Gran Gala which is orange brandy, Grand Marnier, fresh limes and med shelf tequilla.

If you have not tried Pro-Bar's freeze dried mix, I highly recommend it over others.

Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. Everyone who has tried these tell me they are the best margaritas they have ever had.

1.75L - Bottle Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix
375ML - Premium Tequila (I usually use Patron silver)
5 oz. - Grand Marnier
3 oz. - Orange Rum (Bacardi O or equivalent)
6 oz. - Pulp Free Orange Juice

Mix well, pour over ice, and enjoy!

[Reply]
Dartgod 07:43 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
May I suggest an orange brandy vs. rum.

But after seeing the mix, maybe not. give it a try.

I just use the Gran Gala which is orange brandy, Grand Marnier, fresh limes and med shelf tequilla.

If you have not tried Pro-Bar's freeze dried mix, I highly recommend it over others.

My recipe is perfection. It may not be a "traditional" margarita, but give it a try and you won't be able to keep your glass full.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:41 PM 03-20-2021
I stumbled across a nice big handle bottle of Hornitos Reposato that screamed for me to take it home and abuse it, so after a twilight scooter ride, I am sipping on my second snifter. Not bad at all but excellent for the price point.
I was at Sam's buying chickens for the smokers and at $32 I went back and with a bag of limes and asked if it was partying with me tonight. It jumped in the cart right next to the limes and the lemonade.

I will be making my recipe for margaritas later tonight (or tomorrow)

4 shots Reposato
1 shot Gran Gala or the expensive shit
1 shot Cointreau
1 big lime
Simple syrup, nectar or ProBar mix to taste. I skip this step but you like sweet...

Make 2, you will be reaching for the second henceforth.

I am sure your recipe is great but I have never had orange rum and I distain JC mix, adding even more high fructose corn syrup(HFCS) to my diet, so I am going to pass.

I recommend you try Pro- Bar mix over JC mix, look it up.

Been sipping on the Hornitos and for cheap stuff, it's not half bad.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 09:15 PM 03-20-2021
I stumbled across a nice big handle bottle of Hornitos Reposato that screamed for me to take it home and abuse it, so after a twilight scooter ride, I am sipping on my second snifter. Not bad at all but excellent for the price point.
I was at Sam's buying chickens for the smokers and at $32 I went back and with a bag of limes and asked if it was partying with me tonight. It jumped in the cart right next to the limes and the lemonade.

I will be making my recipe for margaritas later tonight (or tomorrow)

4 shots Reposato
1 shot Gran Gala or the expensive shit
1 shot Cointreau
1 big lime
Simple syrup, nectar or ProBar mix to taste. I skip this step but you like sweet...

Make 2, you will be reaching for the second henceforth.

I am sure your recipe is great but I have never had orange rum and I distain JC mix, adding even more high fructose corn syrup(HFCS) to my diet, so I am going to pass.

I recommend you try Pro- Bar mix over JC mix, look it up.

Been sipping on the Hornitos and for cheap stuff, it's not half bad.
I like your idea of skipping the sour mix step. Any margarita recipe with sour mix or orange juice is a fail for me and leads to horrible heartburn.

I like to do one part good tequila, one part st Germain liqueur, and some fresh squeezed lime.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:32 PM 03-20-2021
What do you call that? A "limp wristed"? sounds gay as fuck.

Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
I like your idea of skipping the sour mix step. Any margarita recipe with sour mix or orange juice is a fail for me and leads to horrible heartburn.

I like to do one part good tequila, one part st Germain liqueur, and some fresh squeezed lime.

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:21 PM 03-20-2021
What do you call that? A "limp wristed"? sounds gay as fuck.

[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up