ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 37
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
Buehler445 11:13 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by aturnis:
I'm all for small companies that make high quality niche products. That's how Kreg got their start and they make amazing high quality functional tools right here in Iowa. I gotta say, I've literally never seem one of those toolboxez in a truck though. Lol.

I'm a big customizer myself. I need what I need and I need it no matter where I am. Gotta be able to load it down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
LOL Montezuma boxes are the standard for triangle boxes. They're everywhere here.

Look man, I appreciate you saying notorious and I are being reasonable, and I really am. I'd love a rig that does those things right, but I'm not going to be on the bleeding edge of one. I don't go near as far out as notorious and I don't haul as much as him most days. I'd be a far better fit for the rig than he would.

It can't be organized. It's literally impossible.

But comments like this (regarding organized toolboxes are just flat out stupid.

Proof.

I have more in the cab.

I also have 2 blow guns under the back seat and tote with my coat and cover alls to go with my Mucks in front of the drawers.

I decided to blow out the box, and this is all the shit that was in the toolbox. Nothing from the cab.

[Reply]
ghak99 04:45 PM 11-29-2019
So it ugly and it's not functional as a truck b/c it has anglers bed rails?

Is there any other way "it isn't functional as a truck"?

For instance "can't have a toolbox and access things over the side".

You've got a under-bed trunk at the tailgate and a giant frunk under the hood. Why would you throw random small items behind the can anymore?

As a construction worker, the is NOTHING LESS FUNCTIONAL than a "toolbox" in the back of a truck.

Been around them for years and still haven't seen an organized one that works.

I'd probably prefer some sort or tool organization in the front trunk with a charger bank and batteries already plugged in charging. Could easily fit multiple impacts, drills, saw all, portaban, hammerdrill etc up there organized and charged.

Throw the rest under the bed or in the side rail storage. I'd have a 100% clear 6.5' bed with all my tooling at all times.

You city guys are going to have to explain to me how it doesn't function as a truck. It blows away any setup I've dealt with in years.

P.S. Truck toolboxs are dumb and only serve the purpose of signaling to other truck drivers that you're not a "poser".

You're fucking retarded. And that's coming from someone who would jump all over the equivalent of a reliable 4-500 mile electric 4x4 3/4 ton if i could strip down all the ignorant shit they're going to force us to buy in order to own it.

... and fyi, half the people you're discussing this with are not "city guys". :-)
[Reply]
srvy 06:10 PM 11-29-2019
So it ugly and it's not functional as a truck b/c it has anglers bed rails?

Is there any other way "it isn't functional as a truck"?

For instance "can't have a toolbox and access things over the side".

You've got a under-bed trunk at the tailgate and a giant frunk under the hood. Why would you throw random small items behind the can anymore?

As a construction worker, the is NOTHING LESS FUNCTIONAL than a "toolbox" in the back of a truck.

Been around them for years and still haven't seen an organized one that works.

I'd probably prefer some sort or tool organization in the front trunk with a charger bank and batteries already plugged in charging. Could easily fit multiple impacts, drills, saw all, portaban, hammerdrill etc up there organized and charged.

Throw the rest under the bed or in the side rail storage. I'd have a 100% clear 6.5' bed with all my tooling at all times.

You city guys are going to have to explain to me how it doesn't function as a truck. It blows away any setup I've dealt with in years.

P.S. Truck toolboxs are dumb and only serve the purpose of signaling to other truck drivers that you're not a "poser".

:-) Put your Tonka toys back in the toybox and clean your room kiddo.
[Reply]
aturnis 06:14 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
:-) Put your Tonka toys back in the toybox and clean your room kiddo.
Name a thing it won't be able to do. I'll wait.

[Reply]
srvy 06:35 PM 11-29-2019

So this truck is never going to break down in middle of nowhere needing a part and someone who works on Telas in bum fuck Egypt. I can be literally anywhere in the USA and be busted down and have a tow if needed to a qualified mechanic who can get us up and running usually within hours not more than a day. Im sure qualified Tesla mechanics are everywhere.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:10 PM 11-29-2019

Haul my cattle to town like my 3/4 does. Feed my cattle the way my 3/4 does. Tow 17,500 like my 3/4 does. Toe almost 30,000 like the 1 ton.

I hope like hell one day it does because I love driving the Model S and want a truck that will do the work so I have less maintenance.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:35 AM 12-01-2019

My bigger rig needs to be able to get 2-4 people to Denver and Louisville nearly non stop while pulling a live load. The current 3/4 ton does not even stop for fuel while loaded, but does normally switch drivers and hit a bathrooms. Stopping for 30 minutes to charge is out of the question and could be dangerous during the summer. It's just a normal single tire, manual, mega cab, 3/4 ton, cummins with an auxiliary plumbed in. Nothing special, yet this truck can not replace it. Looking at the angles of those bed rails, I'm not even sure the Tesla can pull two of my trailers as they just barely clear a normal cabbed truck.

My smaller 3/4 ton rig has to be able to haul just about everything you see in the above pics plus 150 gallon L in front and under that toolbox. My shit is no where near as organizes as above, but it has to be there when I need it even if it takes me a while to find it. Over the years it's become obvious it has to be a straight cab for maneuverability, be able to clear and light up 33-35" rubber, and hang a ton off it's rear bumper every single day of the year without breaking in half. It does not see a lot of miles, but gets treated like a baja truck and absolutely can't break down. It also has to be able to drive an engine driven/mounted hydraulic pump for brief periods every day, which I'm sure could be rigged to run off a mounted auxiliary electric motor of some form on the Tesla. I would absolutely love to replace this truck with an electric for many reasons and wouldn't even care how bad it looks like ass because it is going to get beat to shit anyways. Is the bed even going to be removable on the Tesla? If not, that eliminates it for me and thousands of others right from the start. While we're wishing, I'd also like to be able to strip every single extra bell and whistle off it except for the back up camera on the hitch. They could even leave the floors bare and I'd coat them with bed liner.

Unless I'm missing something, it could probably replace my dad's 3/4 as he's basically been forced to retire due to health. His trips are basically the farmer's version of grocery getting anymore and rarely gets over 10k and 100 miles from home anymore. I can't think of a single thing he does that this truck couldn't do, assuming it can pull two of my trailers, but it better be able to make his 200 mile round trips without stopping to charge or he just might light it on fire out of frustration. I would be concerned about how easily they're going to make this thing to get in and out of. A lot of old worn out farmers and construction workers basically fall out of their trucks. They're old, tired, worn out, and won't buy anything that requires work to get in and out of. The steering wheel better be strong enough for them to grab and drag themselves into the cab as well.

I assume this truck is not targeting these markets. That's fine, but don't go blowing smoke up this markets ass with "it can do anything a normal truck does" when we know it can't.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:42 PM 11-26-2019
This picture pretty much confirms it: Not functional as an actual truck. Here at the shop we make fun of these short-beds...because, well, you can't actually do much that's work/haul related because the bed is too small.

It's a truck for people who don't actually drive trucks. In short, it's a freakin' Honda Ridgeline.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:48 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This picture pretty much confirms it: Not functional as an actual truck. Here at the shop we make fun of these short-beds...because, well, you can't actually do much that's work/haul related because the bed is too small.

It's a truck for people who don't actually drive trucks. In short, it's a freakin' Honda Ridgeline.
To be fair, I have to imagine Tesla would be ecstatic if they sold on the level of Ridgelines.

EDIT: Eh, maybe not. Looks like those are only around 30k per year.
[Reply]
MagicHef 07:12 PM 11-26-2019

That's a pretty big market. Every truck manufacturer makes a truck with a bed that is smaller than the Tesla's.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:01 PM 11-29-2019

Again, it can carry 4 X 8 sheet goods flat with the tailgate down. Tell me how this isn't functional....

[Reply]
stevieray 04:04 PM 11-29-2019
Again, it can carry 4 X 8 sheet goods flat with the tailgate down. Tell me how this isn't functional....

Just bough a washer and dryer, need to get it home.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:25 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Cool. Load it up.

[Reply]
stevieray 11-29-2019, 04:32 PM
This message has been deleted by stevieray. Reason: ok
MagicHef 06:23 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
You know that the bed cover can be open, right?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 37
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up