ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which best describes your opinion about how the we should handle our CB needs?
Do nothing - we'll be OK with the guys we have 8 5.10%
Be opportunistic - keep eyes open for a reasonable deal, but don't do anything major 66 42.04%
Be aggressive - be willing to trade a high draft pick or a key player 62 39.49%
Go all in - be willing to trade multiple high draft picks or key players 17 10.83%
Your options suck, DaFace 4 2.55%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How would you prefer the Chiefs handle our CB needs?
DaFace 08:57 AM 09-17-2019
Seems like there are wildly varying opinions on this, so let's see how people feel collectively.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:08 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I will take Patrick Peterson, Chris Harris and Stephen Gilmore any day and freaking twice on Sunday over Ramsey.

As one person pointed out...just a little better version of Marcus Peters.
Lulz
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:09 AM 09-17-2019
There's only five options imo

Ramsey
Howard
Peterson
Jones
Jackson

Those are the Cb's that would be able to come in and improve our defense overnight imo. Jackson is a hidden gem that has shut down Brown twice before and the way Cinci are going I think a deal could be done for him. Especially as he's a free agent after this season. Howard cannot be happy with what's going on In Miami so I think it's just a matter of time before he wants out as well. Byron Jones isn't getting paid by the Boys so again he could be available at the deadline.

The bottom line is there's options there and IF Veach contrives to just let things stand still and we lose a championship because of the defense again then IMO his job should be in serious doubt. We can't run Sutton out of town because of the poor job he did and then make excuses for Brett.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:41 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Full disclosure that it will never happen?

Hope the Broncos suck bad enough to trade us Chris Harris for like a 2nd or 3rd.

You want someone to cover AB? That dude would be my choice.

Chris Harris got demolished by AB last time he had to cover him.. and that was back when the Broncos D was still fearsome.
[Reply]
penchief 02:12 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
I don't know that I've ever seen such a blatant disregard for an overly obvious glaring weakness on a team before.
I understand the sense of urgency and any subsequent anxiety we as fans feel about the situation. However, this statement seems a bit hyperbolic. Once Claiborne is cleared to play, both outside corners and both safeties are clear upgrades over what we trotted out last year. And apparently Veach is still performing his due diligence.

Yes, I agree that a stud corner would put this team over the top. But to accuse Veach of blatantly disregarding the defensive backfield seems like an exaggeration.
[Reply]
manchambo 02:17 PM 09-17-2019
From an outside perspective: why not just ignore it and keep scoring more points than anyone else can?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:18 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by manchambo:
From an outside perspective: why not just ignore it and keep scoring more points than anyone else can?
Exhibit A. 2018 AFCCG.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:19 PM 09-17-2019
What about trumaine Johnson? He’s not great but probably up there with breeland was partly benched by the jets last night.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:21 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
What about trumaine Johnson? He’s not great but probably up there with breeland was partly benched by the jets last night.
We already have several 2's the problem is not having that 1.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:25 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We already have several 2's the problem is not having that 1.
I think we have a solid 2 in breeland a possible 2 in fuller and some 3s.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:45 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Sorry, DaFace, but this hypothetical is hopelessly and hilariously deluded. There are no guarantees. None.

I understand youre a patient guy. However, 50 years have gone by since the last time this team won a title.

How you can even entertain a hypothetical where we are to choose betweena title this year or FIVE over the next ten.....ill have a double shot of whatever you drank.

Ramsey is a talent that needs to be moved on right now. He's too good to be there 5 weeks from now, someone will pay for him.

Sitting on their hands with thumbs firmly planted up their asses, is an approach that the front office has taken far too many times for any tenured fan to want to see any more of.

Defense stands in the way of a superbowl.

We have the means to get possibly the best man to man corner In the game.

You make this move. Its a no brainer.
If the chiefs do not go at this hard, they are either inexcusably stupid, or know something that we do not.
I understand that. The issue I have is that you (and most others who are screaming for them to "make a move") is that you're not really talking in terms of what you're willing to give up.

So there's the question. What are you willing to give up for Ramsey? And do you think the Jags would actually entertain your offer?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:59 PM 09-17-2019
Normally I would say I wasn't in favor of an in season trade for a high value player, because I think draft picks are too fundamentally valuable to continually send them off for players.

However, we're doing something unique in that we're trading for high value young players. Frank Clark, for example, is 26, and likely either at his peak for the next few years, or ascending to it. And he fit squarely into the age/culture range of the team they're building. He was a draft pick, for all intents and purpose. He was not a short term, "go for the fences and fill a hole with a veteran" kind of trade.

And I see a trade for Ramsey in exactly the same light, assuming the intention is to keep him beyond 2020. Ramsey is 24, he's likely not even at his peak as a player yet, and, like with Clark, I would see this as essentially drafting him, even though he's obviously a veteran.

This would give us just phenomenal building blocks, as a franchise. A 24-year star QB, a 25-year old wide receiver, a 26-year old defensive end and a 24-year old cornerback, all at or near the top of their position group in the NFL. And all signed for years, along with the old men of the team, the 28-year old LT and the 30-year old TE. Not to mention the 25-year old defensive tackle that they may or may not get under contract.

So if they're serious about this, and they think they can successfully merge his personality into the established locker room culture, and if the plan is to sign him long term at what will be a fantastically expensive contract, then I am totally on board with it.

I just don't know how much smoke there actually is, with regards to this particular fire.

But to answer the main question, I would say, other than Ramsey, I would actually not make a move for another veteran. I would keep the pick and use it in 2020. Address the position as best as possible next offseason. Make it the focus. Don't be so desperate now that the short term goal of the 2020 Superbowl outweighs the long term potential for success. Because all those pieces I listed above, aside from Ramsey...they're all still here. This is going to be a very good team for a very long time. This will almost certainly not be our only shot at a title, and we shouldn't act like a team on their last legs going for it.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:00 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I understand that. The issue I have is that you (and most others who are screaming for them to "make a move") is that you're not really talking in terms of what you're willing to give up.

So there's the question. What are you willing to give up for Ramsey? And do you think the Jags would actually entertain your offer?
Two 1sts and something like a 4th...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:01 PM 09-17-2019
DeAngelo Hall ranks the CB’s:

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:53 PM 09-17-2019
Option 2 sounds best to me

Jones > Ramsey
[Reply]
jettio 04:13 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I will take Patrick Peterson, Chris Harris and Stephen Gilmore any day and freaking twice on Sunday over Ramsey.

And what pipe are you smoking throwing the old "bias detected" crap at me for saying Watson isn't as good a QB as advertised. He gets sacked more because he holds the ball longer....he thinks "run first" rather than pass when he has a trio of receivers that are pretty good.

Come at me with something better than that if you don't agree.

I don't want Ramsey because I have watched him for the last 2 years acting like a prima dona here in Jax. He can be great one moment and disappear at crucial times.

As one person pointed out...just a little better version of Marcus Peters.
So Watson is run first and gets sacked too much because he holds the ball longer.

Considering that he is one of the best QBs running the ball when he does run, your evaluation has a big contradiction in it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up