ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which best describes your opinion about how the we should handle our CB needs?
Do nothing - we'll be OK with the guys we have 8 5.10%
Be opportunistic - keep eyes open for a reasonable deal, but don't do anything major 66 42.04%
Be aggressive - be willing to trade a high draft pick or a key player 62 39.49%
Go all in - be willing to trade multiple high draft picks or key players 17 10.83%
Your options suck, DaFace 4 2.55%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How would you prefer the Chiefs handle our CB needs?
DaFace 08:57 AM 09-17-2019
Seems like there are wildly varying opinions on this, so let's see how people feel collectively.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:10 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean, shit some of the best organizations with the best coaches and QB' combinations won 1, maybe 2.

It's ****ing hard.

It's why what New England has done is just...well **** I hate them....but it's just unreal.

Yeah, you wanna be in the spot where you're competing for them year in year out, but a lot of teams have done that and have a few titles in the past 40 years to show for it. It's ****ing hard.
The pats rarely trade multiple high picks for veterans as you're suggesting KC do.

Which is a thing we've, IMO, been doing too much lately to make up for some sub-par drafting. The best way to win at the draft is and always has been (as Belichick does) to have as many picks as you can get. If gives you more 'lottery' tickets and gives you more mobility to get players you covet.

They also pay their QB far below market value which is not a luxury any other team has.

I'm not down with a desperation move for Ramsey. FWIW.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:11 AM 09-17-2019
Veach if you get Ramsey we will build you a statue out front
[Reply]
DaFace 09:12 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
The pats rarely trade multiple high picks for veterans as you're suggesting KC do.
In fact, it's usually the opposite. They manage their cap well partially because they get contributions from no name guys all the time.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:12 AM 09-17-2019
gotta go all in, the window is open now. However, I am not open to trading key players... not at all
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 09-17-2019

Which is a thing we've, IMO, been doing too much lately to make up for some sub-par drafting. The best way to win at the draft is and always has been (as Belichick does) to have as many picks as you can get. If gives you more 'lottery' tickets and gives you more mobility to get players you covet.

They also pay their QB far below market value which is not a luxury any other team has.
I'm not gonna mold anything we do after the Pats. It's not repeatable anywhere else, so I'm just out on that.

Yeah, you've gotta draft well. Has been and always will be the way to success.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:15 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
gotta go all in, the window is open now. However, I am not open to trading key players... not at all
I wish we had some way of knowing what level of compensation is actually reasonable for some of these guys. It'd be fascinating to have a poll where people choose the deals they WOULD make.

Ramsey for Jones (straight up)?
Ramsey for 2020 1st and 2021 1st?
Ramsey for 2020 1st and Mecole Hardman?
Ramsey for 2020 1st and Juan Thornhill?

I don't know if any of those are reasonable for either side, but it's when I think about what it would take to actually get him that I become more hesitant.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 09:15 AM 09-17-2019
Play 6 DL, 3 LB and 2 S.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:16 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
In fact, it's usually the opposite. They manage their cap well partially because they get contributions from no name guys all the time.
They ALSO tend to trade for 'damaged goods' they can rehabilitate for pennies on the dollar.

The patriots are OPPORTUNISTIC in FA and with trades. Trading a bundle for Ramsey isn't opportunistic. It's desperate.

Maybe KC should have addressed the CB position in the off-season.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:17 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Do fucking SOMETHING. Ramsey, Peterson, Howard, Slay.
This
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 09-17-2019
They ALSO tend to trade for 'damaged goods' they can rehabilitate for pennies on the dollar.

The patriots are OPPORTUNISTIC in FA and with trades. Trading a bundle for Ramsey isn't opportunistic. It's desperate.

Maybe KC should have addressed the CB position in the off-season.
I think they wanted to, planned to.

Then the Hill stuff happened.
[Reply]
TLO 09:18 AM 09-17-2019
Reggie Ragland and a 3rd.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:18 AM 09-17-2019
Thus, the reason for the poll. You guys can say this, but it's all about the return. Do you trade Jones straight-up right now? A first-round pick plus a contributor like Hardman or Robinson?

Personally, I'm a patient guy. I still don't think that it's absolutely vital we do anything, and I don't think it's the end of the world if we don't win it all this year. The Pats are trying to win with one last gasp. We're trying to set up for a run of 5-10 years of championships.
I would've traded Jones for Ramsey straight up in the summer...I was intrigued by that idea...and I would do it now.

Give me 1 elite guy on the front surrounded by competent pieces and an elite guy on the back end...works a lot more than piling resources into the DL, esp. when your competition is set up to bypass that.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:18 AM 09-17-2019

There is a strong sentiment among many NFL GMs that the Chiefs will emerge as a primary suitor for Jalen Ramsey. They are all-in to win now. Have embraced difficult players. Have a big need at corner. Could their secondary hold up vs New England in January? What about w/Ramsey?

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 17, 2019

[Reply]
DaFace 09:18 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Reggie Ragland and a 3rd.
For Phillip Gaines?
[Reply]
bdlangton 09:20 AM 09-17-2019
If you were 100% guaranteed 1 SB win this year vs. 5 in the next 10 years (but not this year), which would you choose?
If you were guaranteed...no brainer 5 in 10 years.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up