ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which best describes your opinion about how the we should handle our CB needs?
Do nothing - we'll be OK with the guys we have 8 5.10%
Be opportunistic - keep eyes open for a reasonable deal, but don't do anything major 66 42.04%
Be aggressive - be willing to trade a high draft pick or a key player 62 39.49%
Go all in - be willing to trade multiple high draft picks or key players 17 10.83%
Your options suck, DaFace 4 2.55%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How would you prefer the Chiefs handle our CB needs?
DaFace 08:57 AM 09-17-2019
Seems like there are wildly varying opinions on this, so let's see how people feel collectively.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:57 AM 09-17-2019
Trade for Ramsey or Veach needs to be fired
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:58 AM 09-17-2019
Gently, at a medium pace.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:58 AM 09-17-2019
Trade for Ramsey...

This team with him can beat the Pats, even in Foxboro, and win the Super Bowl.

It's the move to make.
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 09-17-2019
Full disclosure that it will never happen?

Hope the Broncos suck bad enough to trade us Chris Harris for like a 2nd or 3rd.

You want someone to cover AB? That dude would be my choice.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 09:01 AM 09-17-2019
I don't know that I've ever seen such a blatant disregard for an overly obvious glaring weakness on a team before. Short term, there are band-aids intended to patchwork a DB crew together. Long term, I have zero clue what Veach is thinking with this group.

I think you almost certainly have to make some big mid-season acquisition. Be proactive, not reactive. Who that acquisition should be, I have no clue. But you cannot watch this group right now and think in any rationale world we're going to hold up against an elite QB, in the playoffs. Plan now for the playoffs, that's what matters.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:02 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Trade for Ramsey or Veach needs to be fired
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Trade for Ramsey...

This team with him can beat the Pats, even in Foxboro, and win the Super Bowl.

It's the move to make.
Thus, the reason for the poll. You guys can say this, but it's all about the return. Do you trade Jones straight-up right now? A first-round pick plus a contributor like Hardman or Robinson?

Personally, I'm a patient guy. I still don't think that it's absolutely vital we do anything, and I don't think it's the end of the world if we don't win it all this year. The Pats are trying to win with one last gasp. We're trying to set up for a run of 5-10 years of championships.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:02 AM 09-17-2019
50 years is far too long. The time is now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:03 AM 09-17-2019
Do fucking SOMETHING. Ramsey, Peterson, Howard, Slay.
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Thus, the reason for the poll. You guys can say this, but it's all about the return. Do you trade Jones straight-up right now? A first-round pick plus a contributor like Hardman or Robinson?

Personally, I'm a patient guy. I still don't think that it's absolutely vital we do anything, and I don't think it's the end of the world if we don't win it all this year. The Pats are trying to win with one last gasp. We're trying to set up for a run of 5-10 years of championships.
Thing is man, I think we're too geared to look at what NE is done and think that it's really repeatable.

I don't think it is.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:04 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
50 years is far too long. The time is now.
If you were 100% guaranteed 1 SB win this year vs. 5 in the next 10 years (but not this year), which would you choose?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:05 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Thing is man, I think we're too geared to look at what NE is done and think that it's really repeatable.

I don't think it is.
Nope. Expectations are, frankly, unreasonable around here. The Pats just acquired a star player for nothing through their usual shady practices. The Chiefs just aren't going to be able to do that.

It's not fair, but it is what it is.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:05 AM 09-17-2019
I would wait till week 7 I wanna see if Mo is any good
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 09-17-2019
I mean, shit some of the best organizations with the best coaches and QB' combinations won 1, maybe 2.

It's fucking hard.

It's why what New England has done is just...well fuck I hate them....but it's just unreal.

Yeah, you wanna be in the spot where you're competing for them year in year out, but a lot of teams have done that and have a few titles in the past 40 years to show for it. It's fucking hard.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nope. Expectations are, frankly, unreasonable around here. The Pats just acquired a star player for nothing through their usual shady practices. The Chiefs just aren't going to be able to do that.

It's not fair, but it is what it is.
Mahomes might be the unicorn (he looks like he is) that is just that much better than everyone.

But we saw last year, fuck, that may not always be enough.

You wanna just put yourself in as many years with a chance as you can. Going all in with some crazy Texans style move may hinder that, maybe it doesn't. I don't know.

But we've seen with teams before, you can't squander chances. Crazy shit happens in the NFL all the time. It's unique to the other sports where I don't think you can build for a huge window and keep it open.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up