ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forget Peterson and Ramsey
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:05 AM 09-17-2019

@Chiefs source says the team isn’t interested in @Jaguars CB @jalenramsey now that he wants a trade. Source says the team’s locker room “is too good right now.” The team did ask @AZCardinals about CB Patrick Peterson earlier this year and was “emphatically told no.”

— Jeffri Chadiha (@jeffrichadiha) September 17, 2019

Regarding Jalen Ramsey: I think the Chiefs will continue to monitor the CB monitor. However, I would not expect a hard push for Ramsey.

Ramsey will require a lot of capital via picks and a new deal, and the Chiefs have have Mahomes and Chris Jones' deals to work through. https://t.co/R5hUZO69fi

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) September 17, 2019

[Reply]
TLO 08:32 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Chris Jones went in the 2nd lol....
So did Kris Wilson
And Eddie Freeman
And...
[Reply]
Mecca 08:33 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
So did Kris Wilson
And Eddie Freeman
And...
Yes bring up Dick Vermeils drafting.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:33 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
so lightning struck once, and that means it's easy to do?

Why not just draft QB's in the 6th round since that's where Tom Brady went?

That's dumb.
Well neglecting the CB and putting a ton of resources into the DL has netted us exactly ZERO SBs or AFC titles so let's keep doing that.....

Smart.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:36 AM 09-17-2019
Ramsey's a douchebag. And eff him for that cheap shot on Hill. If the Chiefs don't want him, I'm in full support. Especially if it means giving up two first round picks. Screw that bullshit.

Personally, I think we'll be pretty solid with Claiborne/Breeland/Fuller.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:37 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It was both. We couldn't stop them doing either really.
This.

To beat the Patriots, you must have a good scheme, and you must play disciplined assignment sound football.

You can't have freelancers, and you can't have guys running around not knowing what they're doing.

We had both last year, and that's why we got beat. Actually, even with all of that, and the Berry nonsense, we still were four inches from beating them.

Honey Badger>Hobo Berry.
Clark, Ogbah, Okafor>Ford and Houston in terms of being complete players. Breeland, Fuller, Claiborne, Thornhill>than last season's secondary too.
Wilson, Hitchens, Lee> Ragland, Hitchens.
Spags and this staff> better than Grandpa Sutton and the mild bunch.

I think we'll be markedly better by late in the season defensively, and I think we're better offensively.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:38 AM 09-17-2019
I think the defense is better, I think Breeland has a fighting chance with Gordon but the issue is, if we end up with Ward trying to cover AB we are going to get butt raped as they throw that shit over and over.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:39 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Well neglecting the CB and putting a ton of resources into the DL has netted us exactly ZERO SBs or AFC titles so let's keep doing that.....

Smart.
That's not why we got zero titles. We got zero titles because for decades we tried to re-tread other team's cast-off Quarterbacks.
We were four inches from the Super Bowl with a first year Mahomes.

I don't think we need to panic.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:40 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think the defense is better, I think Breeland has a fighting chance with Gordon but the issue is, if we end up with Ward trying to cover AB we are going to get butt raped as they throw that shit over and over.
I don't think anyone's going to spend 4 quarters playing man coverage on anyone.

Bob Sutton is gone, y'all.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:43 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think anyone's going to spend 4 quarters playing man coverage on anyone.

Bob Sutton is gone, y'all.
No that won't happen but Edelman and AB is a really shitty matchup unless you have 3 CBs that will at least battle.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:43 AM 09-17-2019
Some of you guys need to wake up. Ramsey just pissed our entire team off a week ago by being a blatant dipshit and took out Tyreek for over a month on a cheap shot. Nobody in this locker room wants that here. Ramsey is a selfish POS who isn’t as good as people make him out to be because he gets lazy.

“But Tom Brady and duh Patzzzzz!”

And? Did you all forget that Brady is 42, sold his house and his contract is voided after this year? Even Adam Schefter thinks this could be it for him.

We don’t need to use our 1st rd picks on guys that are about to get insane money. How about we try either drafting some players or use them on low priced talent like Minkah Fitzpatrick that dumb teams want to get rid of?

Tom Brady is almost done and this conference will be Mahomes every season.

Trading 1st rd picks for high priced guys is not a good idea. It will hurt our future badly.The Seattle Seahawks should have taught you that.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:45 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Some of you guys need to wake up. Ramsey just pissed our entire team off a week ago by being a blatant dipshit and took out Tyreek for over a month on a cheap shot. Nobody in this locker room wants that here. Ramsey is a selfish POS who isn’t as good as people make him out to be because he gets lazy.

And? Did you all forget that Brady is 42, sold his house and his contract is voided after this year? Even Adam Schefter thinks this could be it for him.

We don’t need to use our 1st rd picks on guys that are about to get insane money. How about we try either drafting some players or use them on low priced talent like Minkah Fitzpatrick that dumb teams want to get rid of?

Trading 1st rd picks for high priced guys is not a good idea. The Seattle Seahawks should have taught you that.
Yes, I don't want to be a team that has made the playoffs 9 out of 10 years, went to 2 bowls and won 1, and probably should have 2 if they wouldn't have done something stupid.

Right now I'd give anything for 1 god damn bowl.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:46 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
No that won't happen but Edelman and AB is a really shitty matchup unless you have 3 CBs that will at least battle.
I'm not certain that we already won't.

Plus, Mathieu and Thornhill.

We haven't seen Claiborne yet, but Breeland and Fuller aren't shitty.

And we haven't seen the full scheme implemented I don't think. We've got 12 more games to go before we see the Patriots.

I think a smart GM is always looking to improve his team, but I think the general panic is unwarranted.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:46 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Trading 1st rd picks for high priced guys is not a good idea. It will hurt our future badly.The Seattle Seahawks should have taught you that.
Weren’t you just whining and crying when the Pats signed AB?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:47 AM 09-17-2019
I tend to agree. But not for the reasons listed. The price will be too high for Ramsey. There is no way that we get him for just our first. Anything more is too much.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:47 AM 09-17-2019
Why do people keep saying he hurt Tyreek? The play was clean thepush when bill got up was shit but he didn’t cheap shit hill into an injury.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up