ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forget Peterson and Ramsey
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:05 AM 09-17-2019

@Chiefs source says the team isn’t interested in @Jaguars CB @jalenramsey now that he wants a trade. Source says the team’s locker room “is too good right now.” The team did ask @AZCardinals about CB Patrick Peterson earlier this year and was “emphatically told no.”

— Jeffri Chadiha (@jeffrichadiha) September 17, 2019

Regarding Jalen Ramsey: I think the Chiefs will continue to monitor the CB monitor. However, I would not expect a hard push for Ramsey.

Ramsey will require a lot of capital via picks and a new deal, and the Chiefs have have Mahomes and Chris Jones' deals to work through. https://t.co/R5hUZO69fi

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) September 17, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 08:17 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
As much as Ramsey is a great player, he's Marcus Peters 2.0.
If the Chiefs had Marcus Peters right now they'd be more likely to beat NE.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:19 AM 09-17-2019
Also-
I think y'all are freaking out a little too hard on how great the Patriots are right now. They beat the shittiest Steelers team in decades and walloped a team that is literally purposely tanking.

They're the champs until they're not, and I'm certain they'll be good and I'm sure we're going to have to beat them in the play-offs, but I don't think they're better than we are right now.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:20 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If the Chiefs had Marcus Peters right now they'd be more likely to beat NE.
I disagree.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:22 AM 09-17-2019
Fuck Veach
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:23 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Chadiha is friends with Veach if I remember correctly. Both him and Riddick are tied in.
Chadiha generally likes the Chiefs. He's one of the better ones on espn. Terez is carefully about saying things. If he says we're in or out as opposed to saying he knows nothing, I'd trust it.

I'm OK with the draft haul we gave up for frank Clark. But I'm generally not a fan of giving up first rounders let alone for a rental.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:24 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Chadiha generally likes the Chiefs. He's one of the better ones on espn. Terez is carefully about saying things. If he says we're in or out as opposed to saying he knows nothing, I'd trust it.

I'm OK with the draft haul we gave up for frank Clark. But I'm generally not a fan of giving up first rounders let alone for a rental.
Personally, I think the smartest thing they could do is make the deal. Sign Ramsey long term, tag and trade Jones to recoup value.

I can replace a DT much easier than finding an elite level CB.
[Reply]
oldman 08:25 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Also-
I think y'all are freaking out a little too hard on how great the Patriots are right now. They beat the shittiest Steelers team in decades and walloped a team that is literally purposely tanking.

They're the champs until they're not, and I'm certain they'll be good and I'm sure we're going to have to beat them in the play-offs, but I don't think they're better than we are right now.
I agree. It wasn't really the passing game that beat us last year, it was the ability to run the ball down our throats. We, with PMII and our WR corps, can hang with the passing game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:27 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Personally, I think the smartest thing they could do is make the deal. Sign Ramsey long term, tag and trade Jones to recoup value.

I could not disagree more.
[Reply]
O.city 08:27 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:

You keep saying this, I don't think it's the case.

You can find an elite DT without a first round pick? Pretty tough, especially a team that hasn't shown it's really able to ID DL in the draft.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:28 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You keep saying this, I don't think it's the case.

You can find an elite DT without a first round pick? Pretty tough, especially a team that hasn't shown it's really able to ID DL in the draft.
Chris Jones went in the 2nd lol....
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I agree. It wasn't really the passing game that beat us last year, it was the ability to run the ball down our throats. We, with PMII and our WR corps, can hang with the passing game.
It was both. We couldn't stop them doing either really.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Sure.

So did Breeland Speaks, and Kpass, and their most recent 3rd round DL who isn't even active on gameday.....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:30 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
so lightning struck once, and that means it's easy to do?

Why not just draft QB's in the 6th round since that's where Tom Brady went?

That's dumb.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:30 AM 09-17-2019
Oh and we'd have them both right now and frankly I'd sell my nut for a superbowl.

I'm worried about today but going forward a defense built around Frank Clark with other solid lineman and Ramsey on the back end doesn't seem bad.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:31 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
so lightning struck once, and that means it's easy to do?

Why not just draft QB's in the 6th round since that's where Tom Brady went?

That's dumb.
There are many more good/productive DTs than there are high level CBs in todays game.

The guy doesn't have to be Chris Jones to be a good player. I'm saying the odds are I can find a good productive DT that does his job than it is I can just pull an elite CB.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up