ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Week 3: Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:26 PM 09-15-2019
Chiefs open as 6 point favorites. Let's discuss below.
[Reply]
scho63 10:31 AM 09-16-2019
I've come to hate the Ravens as much as the Colts and nearly as much as the Patriots.

I want to knock their dicks into the dirt and put up 50 on them while holding them to about 17.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:34 AM 09-16-2019
I bet that line shrinks. Maybe 4.5 by game time.

Then we win by two scores.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:36 AM 09-16-2019
I will say that I love Lamar Jackson. He's progressed, and he's a pretty good passer now, though with occasional garbage passes in big spots.

He's also, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's my favorite ball runner to watch since Jamaal Charles. He has long, effortless strides, and my track & field heart loves seeing it.

I'm with Mecca, though -- it's going to get him slaughtered long term.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:32 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Jaydee414:
Greetings.

Looking forward to Sunday’s game.

Contrary to a previous post, we Ravens fans are not “terrified” of playing the Chiefs. What we ARE is realistic enough to see both sides of the coin, and recognize that Mahomes is an extraordinary talent who will, most likely, burn the Ravens D on more than one occasion. We are not overly impressed with the KC running game, and T.Hill being out is a W for Baltimore.
Kelce & Watkins and a developing Robinson and Hardman mitigate Hill’s absence to a point, but he will certainly be missed.

There seems to be a dismissive, uninformed thought process on this board regarding Lamar Jackson. Understand that this is NOT the same player y’all saw last year. True, games against MIA & AZ may not be the test that KC will be, but I ask you: do you believe that a) KC has the D to shut down Jackson’s running? And b) if that is the chosen route, do you really believe the KC D can control M. Andrews and M. Brown?
I don't see many dismissing Jackson. But you do have to factor in that most of his passing production came against a team that is laughably bad.

And no, the Chiefs don't have the 85 Bears' D. But there are plenty of reasons to believe that it's substantially better, and also more equipped to contain the run.

But the most important factor is that, for the first time in years, they appear to have a competent defensive staff that can make adjustments. This will be huge. And it was huge against the Raiders. The start of that game looked like it could've occurred in any of the last three seasons. They were getting steamrolled. Things turned around dramatically and Oakland didn't score in the final 3 quarters.

You also have to consider that KC's D is generally way better in front of an Arrowhead crowd. I won't be surprised at all if they look great in the opener. Especially if Frank Clark and Mathieu decide to start earning their checks.

Raven's O is improved, but D is weaker. KC's O is as good as ever and D appears to be improved.

We'll see how it shakes out.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:40 PM 09-16-2019
Someone is going to run right past Brandon Carr (many times). Right?
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:48 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by KC-TBB:
IF you are at the home opener and you leave with a voice...go back to the empty stadium and yell some more...crap, I yell so loud at the damn tv that my wife says they might hear me at arrowhead...and I'm in West Virginia!
:-)

I will be there! It is going to be Loud- everyone hates the Fucking Ravens and Lamar's Doughnuts.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:48 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Someone is going to run right past Brandon Carr (many times). Right?
I thought he retired?

Hopefully, he will be on Watkins all day.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:49 PM 09-16-2019

Lowest pressure % in NFL among QBs:

Prescott 15.4%
Garoppolo 20.0
Mahomes 20.3

Play action usage:
Prescott 2nd
Garoppolo 3rd
Mahomes 4th

More @PFF signature stats:https://t.co/XGme5vRUgO

— Steve Palazzolo (@PFF_Steve) September 16, 2019

[Reply]
Jaydee414 02:02 PM 09-16-2019
RaidersOftheCellar....thanks for your thoughtful response.

True, you, me, and 9 other guys on this board could probably give MIA a game. If, however, you haven’t seen the entirety of the Ravens games this year, the most impressive part of Jackson’s progress as an NFL QB is the vast improvement in his mechanics and judgement.

Granted, he is nowhere near Mahomes, but who is?

I also think AZ may surprise some people this year. I’ll put up a shipment of crabcakes vs. some KC ribs that they WILL NOT have the #2 pick next April.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:10 PM 09-16-2019
Classifying all these RPO plays play action is interesting. Not saying it's wrong, just...interesting. I'm not sure it's something anybody has really had to think about statistically-speaking since maybe the late 80s.

As far as pressure goes, the only reason Mahomes isn't getting pressures in the statistical sense is that he apparently has some kind of sixth sense in the pocket. He's crazy good at slipping away from defenders. Especially with this being his second year as a starter. He's kind of like the anti-Alex Smith, making his line look better, rather than running himself into pressure.
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:09 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
As far as pressure goes, the only reason Mahomes isn't getting pressures in the statistical sense is that he apparently has some kind of sixth sense in the pocket. He's crazy good at slipping away from defenders.
Brady has made a HOF/GOAT career out of that sixth sense.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:17 PM 09-16-2019
From their forum:

Originally Posted by :
I agree with you. I think that our defense is better than their defense. I think our offense can be equally effective as their offense.
Originally Posted by :
I’m looking forward to this game in KC.
Gonna be a statement made that the Ravens , yes the Ravens Offense is best in NFL.
Lamar gonna want revenge for his only loss in regular season. He gonna rush for almost 200 yds in this one.
Hollywood will ball showing KC our Tyreek Hill type .. and Andrews another 100 yd game.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:20 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
From their forum:

They got pissed when they found out about the "scared" post on here.

Now they're unleashing the homerism.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:53 PM 09-16-2019

I'm not a Lamar Jackson hater at all, but trying to put both Offenses on the same level is just plain stupid.
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:59 PM 09-16-2019
In playing the Baltimore Ravens a large defensive focus centers around QB Lamar Jackson.

In the first week against Miami, Lamar Jackson threw for 324 yards, 5 TDs and only rushed 3 times for 6 yards.

In the second week against Arizona he threw for 272 yards, 2 TDs, but rushed 16 times for 120 yards.

Jackson is 6-2, 219 pounds and is supposed to be able to run a 4.3 40.

Baltimore's backs Mark Ingram 5-9, 210, 27 carries, 157 yards, and 2 TDs and Gus Edwards 6-1, 238, 20 carries 67 yards. Ingram only has 2 catches for the two games.

WRs are Marquise Brown 12 catches for 233 yards and 2 TDs, Willie Snead 3 catches, 46 yards and 1 TD and Miles Boykin 2 catches, 16 yards and 1 TD.

TEs Mark Andrews 16 catches, 220 yards 2 TDs, Hayden Hurst 4 catches, 42 yards, and 1 TD and Nick Boyle 4 catches for 40 yards.

I think the key on defense is to try and prevent Jackson from getting outside and running but with that speed and quickness it will be hard to do.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up