A little 34 17.62%
A lot 14 7.25%
Nope 66 34.20%
Quit being a pussy 68 35.23%
TRUMP!! 11 5.70%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Did the Pats performance deflate you?
Prison Bitch 12:42 PM 09-09-2019
We won comfortably and Pat is, well, Pat. Seeing the NE game deflated me tho. We have to travel there and if we lose they’ll hold the tiebreaker - and their schedule is almost criminal. Hard to see us winning there in January. Thomas and Brown didn’t even play and it shows they don’t even need decent WR.

Am I being defeatist, anyone else feel that way?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:02 PM 09-09-2019
THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS HAVE THE MVP PLAYING QB AND HE IS ONLY IN HIS EARLY TWENTIES!!!!!

Please read this to yourself when feeling deflated.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:26 PM 09-09-2019
The Pats offense looked like it was basically in mid-season form, which is kind of unusual in recent years. They have been a perennially slow starting team.

However, I was more surprised by the Steelers on both sides of the ball. They looked heartless, as in their hearts were ripped from their chests. Except for one sack, I didn't see them put any kind of pressure on Brady (I could be wrong, as I missed some parts of the game; I kind of skimmed it).

And we all know that if you just let Brady stand there in the pocket and read your D, and throw, you're going to lose. The formula for beating Brady has always been get pressure up the middle and force him to backpedal/move off his spot. This doesn't work 100% of the time, of course, but it works often enough to hurt his completion percentage/yards per attempt/TD-INT ratio on the stat sheet. And we've seen teams do it enough to know this is what we have to do.

The Steelers didn't seem to do any of that. I saw Brady stand there in exceptionally clean pockets, read the D then deliver way too much. Against a defense that tied for the most sacks/pressures in the league last year.

Offensively, except for one drive, I didn't see Ben consistently work his team down the field into scoring position. It looked like a lot of 3-and-outs/short scoreless drives. And Ben didn't look into the game at all. IMO, he looked like he didn't even look like he wanted to be playing football (this may be pure speculation).
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 03:53 PM 09-09-2019
you're going to have to beat good teams to win a superbowl.

the pats being good this year shouldn't come as a surprise.

you puss
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:18 PM 09-09-2019
Fuck the cheatriots

Pittsburgh sucks and they handed their ass to them

Oh well, by the time we meet both teams will be different
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 05:21 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
**** the cheatriots

Pittsburgh sucks and they handed their ass to them

Oh well, by the time we meet both teams will be different
Indeed they will! Too true. Gronkowski was saying he'll be back for week 14. Of course he was joking around. Probably. Maybe?

By then though regardless what happened week 1 will have no bearing on anything. If it's anything like last year's games between the two teams it will at minimum be entertaining.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:39 PM 09-09-2019
I’ll be deflated if we don’t beat those cheating brotherfuckers.
[Reply]
Jerm 05:41 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes:
Indeed they will! Too true. Gronkowski was saying he'll be back for week 14. Of course he was joking around. Probably. Maybe?

By then though regardless what happened week 1 will have no bearing on anything. If it's anything like last year's games between the two teams it will at minimum be entertaining.
Still don't get why it isn't a rule that if you retire, you have to sit a year out...avoid bullshit situations like this.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:44 PM 09-09-2019
Meh.

Indifferent. Sure, i'm disappointed they werent a dumpster fire.

But beyond that? NBD.

Lets see if Tom's arm fades down the stretch. Lets see what injuries occur. There's simply too much football left to feel particularly strong one way or another.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 05:48 PM 09-09-2019
The Chiefs went on the road, in stifling heat and humidity, and put 40 on a top 5 Defense. Could of put up 50, and basically without Hill. If anything, the Patriots should be deflated.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:53 PM 09-09-2019
Of course not.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:56 PM 09-09-2019
Nope, 1 game into the season, get ready for week 2. It's a long season. :-)
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:24 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by CervezaChill:
We still have the best QB in football so we have a good chance to beat any team on any given Sunday.
No kidding. Our qb had an injury and wasn't crisp for a half. He still dropped 375 and 3 td with 0 picks. I ain't conceding any losses.
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:27 PM 09-09-2019
The Steelers are the Pat's bitch just like the Jags are ours.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:39 PM 09-09-2019
I don't waste time comparing apples to deflated oranges.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:45 PM 09-09-2019
No, it's week 1...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up