A little 34 17.62%
A lot 14 7.25%
Nope 66 34.20%
Quit being a pussy 68 35.23%
TRUMP!! 11 5.70%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Did the Pats performance deflate you?
Prison Bitch 12:42 PM 09-09-2019
We won comfortably and Pat is, well, Pat. Seeing the NE game deflated me tho. We have to travel there and if we lose they’ll hold the tiebreaker - and their schedule is almost criminal. Hard to see us winning there in January. Thomas and Brown didn’t even play and it shows they don’t even need decent WR.

Am I being defeatist, anyone else feel that way?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:26 PM 09-09-2019
'lil bit.

It wasn't that they won - it was how they did it.

The places where I expected them to come back a bit looked as good as ever. And I expected Brady to look mortal - he didn't.

15 more games (plus playoffs) and cold weather are gonna take some of the zip he showed out of his arm, it's inevitable. And we can't forget how Brees just smashed into a wall around week 12 last year. Older QBs aren't gonna hold up as well.

But did the level of their dominance make me take pause a bit? Yeah, it did. And I think we made the mistake so many teams make with BB and his coaching staff. We got their DL coach and thought our DL would look like theirs. Just as other teams have gotten their (insert coordinator here) and thought thy could adopt the Patriot Way. Or took their GM and figured we'd have Patriots Midwest.

But if you don't have BB you don't have shit. He's the guy that makes it go and I think we just kinda forgot that. So take away as many coordinators as you want. Take away as many players as you need and unless you take away BB (and to a lesser extent, Brady), that team's gonna find ways to win.

Because Belichick is a fucking wizard. And it sucks to get such an early reminder of that fact.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:27 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Why do you need a link?
Cuz people around here love it when they get asked for links.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 02:29 PM 09-09-2019
I was thinking, this is what a good defense looks like.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I was thinking, this is what a good defense looks like.
I will say that the Steelers sure looked like a bunch of bumblefucks.

I mean just replace Moncreif with, I dunno, Conley and they probably put up 10 more points.

Their DC is out there putting a LB in single coverage on Josh Gordon - shades of Houston on AB for sure.

The Patriots looked incredible but the Steelers also looked like they didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. It was a combination of things.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:31 PM 09-09-2019
The SNF game to me was like watching Donks-Faid play each other. All I do is root for injuries to both sides.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 02:34 PM 09-09-2019
They dropped 33 on a toothless Steeler team at home during their Superbowl banner party. Chiefs dropped 40 on the road against a physical cheap shotting defense while playing in a sauna for three hours.

Not deflated in the least.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:37 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The SNF game to me was like watching Donks-Faid play each other. All I do is root for injuries to both sides.
"It's poor form to wish injury upon players."

Have heard this a lot. Have always been sympathetic to it. But the 2019 Patriots? Different story. I'd like to swim in their misery and not even because it would give us a better shot at beating them. Because of pure disdain.
[Reply]
luv 02:39 PM 09-09-2019
Only because Pats fans around here (as in my physical area, not CP) are completely intolerable, condescending assholes. Every time they scored, I rolled my eyes. Long time before we play them, though. Here's hoping the AB proves to be a cancer to their locker room! :-)
[Reply]
Frosty 02:39 PM 09-09-2019
No. Remember - September games don't count for the Pats. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:41 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
"It's poor form to wish injury upon players."

Have heard this a lot. Have always been sympathetic to it. But the 2019 Patriots? Different story. I'd like to swim in their misery and not even because it would give us a better shot at beating them. Because of pure disdain.
i love your evil side
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:46 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I’m guessing your performance has been deflated for years.
Heterosexually, anyway.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:51 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
They dropped 33 on a toothless Steeler team at home during their Superbowl banner party. Chiefs dropped 40 on the road against a physical cheap shotting defense while playing in a sauna for three hours.

Not deflated in the least.
Pretty much how I feel. It's going to be at least one great game, likely 2.

Who cares if it's in NE or here? We light them up anywhere.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:00 PM 09-09-2019
Deflate me? I think we should all get a rubby and a tuggy!!
[Reply]
bdj23 03:01 PM 09-09-2019
Not really, we'll see what happens with AB though. That Steelers team is dogshit.
[Reply]
Nzoner 03:02 PM 09-09-2019
Some of you take this game way too seriously :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up