ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 270
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 11:43 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Honestly I think Hardman could be the 3rd receiver by mid season if he’s given a fair shot
He might be, but for a team that is going to lean on the offense you don't want to be in a position where you have 1 WR with game experience.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:45 AM 07-26-2019
If you're looking for guys that could be traded off the Chiefs roster...

Xavier Williams
Justin Hamilton
Tremon Smith
Lucas/Sorensen

Are your most likely bets, Colquitt could go on that list if the rookie punter beats him out soundly.
[Reply]
staylor26 07-26-2019, 11:50 AM
This message has been deleted by staylor26.
ModSocks 11:50 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Honestly I think Hardman could be the 3rd receiver by mid season if he’s given a fair shot
I don't think that's what Reid wants.

Tyreek was fantastic stretching the defense horizontally. When Reid began using him more traditionally, having him stretch vertically, he lost SOME of that horizontal element. You obviously can't have Tyreek doing two things at once.

DaT was suppose to be that guy, and every offseason they talked up DAT's special packages, and you did in fact see them on gameday. Though he obviously wasn't quite as effective (though effective at times) and couldn't stay healthy.

I think Reid wants to use Hardman to bring back that special ability to stretch horizontally. Force defenses to respect the jet sweeps, fakes, reverses etc even MORESO than they already do by putting a true play maker back there again.

Just look at Hardman's quote the other day for example. They asked Hardman how Tyreek being back changes things for him and he answered something like, "It doesn't change anything i'm doing. Still the same plan moving forward".

My impression was that Hardman has a specific job, and it was never to take Tyreek's role in this offense, but to work on his specific role that Reid has set out for him all along.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:51 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He might be, but for a team that is going to lean on the offense you don't want to be in a position where you have 1 WR with game experience.
Really depends on camp IMO. Pringle and Dieter know the offense well and are not rookies. They could show enough to fill D-Rob’s role.

I’m also curious to see Custis. That guy is 6’4, runs a 4.5 and has arms as long as a tackle’s. We don’t have any receiver like him.

Give him Kemp’s spot and see how he does in preseason. Could be a nice possession receiver.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:53 AM 07-26-2019
Dieter is going to have to make the team, he would be the 6th WR.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:53 AM 07-26-2019
610 just reported that Jones will report to camp today and will not hold out. He’ll play out his deal if need be. Per Adam Schefter.

Way to go, Chris!!! You’re doing it right. Let’s fucking go.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:54 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I don't think that's what Reid wants.

Tyreek was fantastic stretching the defense horizontally. When Reid began using him more traditionally, having him stretch vertically, he lost SOME of that horizontal element. You obviously can't have Tyreek doing two things at once.

DaT was suppose to be that guy, and every offseason they talked up DAT's special packages, and you did in fact see them on gameday. Though he obviously wasn't quite as effective (though effective at times) and couldn't stay healthy.

I think Reid wants to use Hardman to bring back that special ability to stretch horizontally. Force defenses to respect the jet sweeps, fakes, reverses etc even MORESO than they already do by putting a true play maker back there again.

Just look at Hardman's quote the other day for example. They asked Hardman how Tyreek being back changes things for him and he answered something like, "It doesn't change anything i'm doing. Still the same plan moving forward".

My impression was that Hardman has a specific job, and it was never to take Tyreek's role in this offense, but to work on his specific role that Reid has set out for him all along.
Great post. I agree with all of this.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:57 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y'all see the clip of McKenzie coming into camp?

Man, I'm unreasonably pumped about that kid. I know we're probably still a year early on him but that dude is just built to be a lineman. He looks like he's in great shape and still has an incredibly powerful base.

I don't think he wins a job this year but I don't think it's impossible and I absolutely think he spends some games on the active roster this time around. I'm awfully excited to see what he can do because he has tools that just jump off the page and if the development is there he can be a truly elite OL.

All gonna come down to teaching him how to use his hands and maintain his base. A lot of toolsy OL have been felled by an inability to stop reaching and stay over top of their feet. That's gonna be a heck of a learning curve for him but if he can get it done, watch out.
He’s been working 1 on 1 with Will Shields on technique for part of this offseason. They’ve shown some of it on the franchise.

He needs to get on the field this year though, or else KC is going to develop him and not get much equity value out of it and he will need a big contract before we get any ROI.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:58 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
610 just reported that Jones will report to camp today and will not hold out. He’ll play out his deal if need be. Per Adam Schefter.

Way to go, Chris!!! You’re doing it right. Let’s ****ing go.
Yeah!!!!!

This is our year. Let's do it.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:59 AM 07-26-2019

Update on Chris Jones: The star DL will show up on time for the team meeting at 2 pm. He’s on his way.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:59 AM 07-26-2019

Per the Katz. brothers regarding Chris Jones, who is now reporting to camp on time: “He knows his value and if he has to play out his deal in order to reach free agency, then that’s what he will do. For now, he’s focused on winning a Super Bowl for Kansas City.”

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:01 PM 07-26-2019

The #Chiefs and DL Chris Jones have talked about a deal for some time, but KC has not negotiated while Jones was away. Now that he’s showing up, talks should pick up.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:02 PM 07-26-2019
Sounds like Chiefs would only give him a deal if he showed up. Feels like if he was a me first type of guy or team first type of guy. Him showing up proves he’s a team first type of guy. Pay him Veach!!!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:02 PM 07-26-2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:03 PM 07-26-2019
He is elite!!

Highest pressure percentage, interior D-Linemen (2015-18):

1. Aaron Donald 17.8%
2. Geno Atkins 14.8
3. Fletcher Cox 14.2
4. Chris Jones 13.3
5. Sheldon Richardson 12.6
6. Malik Jackson 12.3