Episode 2: To The Moon
Episode 3: Fire Up
Episode 4: Stay Hungry
Episode 5: Back Again

Season 1: The 2019-20 Super Bowl Championship Season
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:45 AM 08-08-2019
Clark should have done the major league thing with Tavia.

[Reply]
scho63 09:41 AM 08-08-2019
That was my favorite episode so far.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:03 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Clark’s such a doofus

But he’s our doofus
Yes. This.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 AM 08-08-2019
We had to know that Sammy Watkins is a great guy.
[Reply]
srvy 10:35 AM 08-08-2019
Andy Reid is 61 years old where Bill B is 67 Reid has many years left.

I suppose he will be here as long as he wants.

Eric Bieniemy is almost 50 so if he wants to be a head coach he needs to get started soon.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:06 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
No, but I do remember when he was arguably the best running back coach in the NFL.
We had a lot of people voice concerns (hell, I may have been one of them, not entirely sure) over Reid choosing him over one of the other offensive assistants who had been with the team for awhile. We had a brand new first year starting QB, so people were pretty adamant about getting somebody whose specialty was the passing game or at least had extensive experience coaching multiple positions. Maybe Kafka wasn't ready yet, but then somebody like Tom Melvin probably would have made a lot more sense to people if Reid had chosen him. Bieniemy had only ever been a RB coach and college offensive coordinator up to that point, so a lot of people pushed back against his promotion.

But the guy ain't just a RB coach. He has clearly familiarized himself with all aspects of all the positions. And I think that has given the offense a needed fresh perspective that just wasn't really there when it was Reid -> Peterson/Nagy

See for yourself: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...313115&page=15
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:41 PM 08-08-2019
Khalen Saunders seems like a really good dude. Im glad we got him. He seems like the type of player that you would like even if he wasn’t a Chief.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:42 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We had a lot of people voice concerns (hell, I may have been one of them, not entirely sure) over Reid choosing him over one of the other offensive assistants who had been with the team for awhile. We had a brand new first year starting QB, so people were pretty adamant about getting somebody whose specialty was the passing game or at least had extensive experience coaching multiple positions. Maybe Kafka wasn't ready yet, but then somebody like Tom Melvin probably would have made a lot more sense to people if Reid had chosen him. Bieniemy had only ever been a RB coach and college offensive coordinator up to that point, so a lot of people pushed back against his promotion.

But the guy ain't just a RB coach. He has clearly familiarized himself with all aspects of all the positions. And I think that has given the offense a needed fresh perspective that just wasn't really there when it was Reid -> Peterson/Nagy

See for yourself: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...313115&page=15
With the way Mahomes talks about him, I think there’s a long term plan for Kafka. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was our next OC and HC in waiting. I could see him becoming our OC next year and serving in that role until Reid retires.
[Reply]
jjjayb 03:26 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Khalen Saunders seems like a really good dude. Im glad we got him. He seems like the type of player that you would like even if he wasn’t a Chief.
He is a really good dude. Very down to earth and humble.
[Reply]
KCTitus 03:43 PM 08-08-2019
Quick question... I noticed in the latest episode, that Western Missouri State University College University has a Scanlon Hall.

Did they name that after the greatest KC Chiefs player of all time, Rich Scanlon?

Sorry if Q
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:46 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
With the way Mahomes talks about him, I think there’s a long term plan for Kafka. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was our next OC and HC in waiting. I could see him becoming our OC next year and serving in that role until Reid retires.
If that's going to happen, that means Reid will need to retire pretty soon. Probably within the next 5 years, if not earlier.

This obsession with hiring any offensive coach who once got sneezed on by Sean McVay probably isn't going to die down any time soon. Andy Reid's offensive coaches are going to be in that same position. It didn't end with Peterson and Nagy, and I'd imagine given how close the Jets were to hiring Bieniemy, he's going to get a head coach job in the very near future. Kafka will probably get promoted (I doubt Reid gives the job to Heck or Greg Lewis), and then it will be 1-2 years from that point when he'll get hired as a likely HC.

The Chiefs and Rams currently have the hottest system from which to hire young offense-minded head coaches who can work with young QBs. Unless you're a weirdo team like Denver, there probably aren't very many instances where you wouldn't want that for your team. Hire the QB guru, draft the QB, and then trust the process.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:36 PM 08-08-2019
Daaamn Dieter got put on notice at the end there.

Reid basically saying that Mahomes forced a pass to Hardman just so he could get a catch, and saying that shoulda been Dieter. Right after commenting about how Hardman is trying to buddy-buddy up to Mahomes just like Dieter does. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 10:34 AM 08-09-2019
Hope Sammy stays healthy. He's our best running after the catch WR and he's real fun to watch once he gets the ball in his hands.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:35 PM 08-21-2019
New episode tonight at 6, camp should be in full swing :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:39 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
New episode tonight at 6, camp should be in full swing :-)
Woot.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 40
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up