ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 301
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:52 PM 05-18-2019
That was a boring game to watch. Not a lot of fight in the team right now.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:13 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Bubba 2-4 with a single and double. Both to right field.

Trade Hamilton & put him in CF.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:20 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Trade Hamilton & put him in CF.
Not sure another club would give us Ass Dan for Hamilton, let alone a real player/low level minor leaguer/cash.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:22 PM 05-18-2019
I know some here will have a shit fit but the Royals really need to acquire some type of starting pitching via FA or trade before next year. They can't roll this shit out again.
[Reply]
chefsos 11:41 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
You’re right - it’s a lot of things.

The PCL has a bunch of friendly hitting environments (park size, local climate making the ball fly, the ball, the league having a lot of guys too good for the minors but not quite good enough for The Shpw).

The Carolina league is a pitchers league because it is primarily northeastern, so the weather sucks, and you’ve got a bunch of big, old parks.

Believe Wilmington has some sort of mountains affect that makes the ball travel like crap in the air.
The only contribution I can really make here is this: You'd be hard pressed to call anything this side of the Appalachians, "Mountains". And they're way west of here. The park kind of sits below and next to I-95, with a river on the other side, in an area that was probably swamp before the mid 20th Century. Maybe it's just heavy, shitty air or something, I don't know.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:30 AM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I know some here will have a shit fit but the Royals really need to acquire some type of starting pitching via FA or trade before next year. They can't roll this shit out again.
Sure they can (roll it out again).
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 06:41 AM 05-19-2019
Important context:
The average OPS in The Pacific League is in the .830 range, or was as of Monday or Tuesday this week.

It’s great to see him doing something more than fail at the plate, but I want to give him some more time and see if he starts driving the ball a bit more.
8 years in the minors! Bring him up and see if he can hit.....if not go to plan #2746 in CF...…

Fire Yost!
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:29 AM 05-19-2019
Fans went from 1985 to 2014, of course we can wait. I've been catching the games on FS1 and lately, they look pretty lethargic. I don't know how you just fix the pitching. The chances of making another trade that fills the bullpen are slim and none. The big money teams are starting to dominate the league again.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:37 AM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by chefsos:
The only contribution I can really make here is this: You'd be hard pressed to call anything this side of the Appalachians, "Mountains". And they're way west of here. The park kind of sits below and next to I-95, with a river on the other side, in an area that was probably swamp before the mid 20th Century. Maybe it's just heavy, shitty air or something, I don't know.
I must have been thinking of another park.

Though that setup would give you a valley effect with heavy air, from the way you describe it.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:01 AM 05-19-2019
I must have been thinking of another park.

Though that setup would give you a valley effect with heavy air, from the way you describe it.
Isn't damp air actually *lighter* than drier air? Hard time believing Wilmington DE has much of a different climate than say, Baltimore...

It's got to to be something like a lot of foul territory or given the stadium configuration, prevailing wind patterns in the summer are blowing in.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:10 AM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Isn't damp air actually *lighter* than drier air?
Just the opposite and why I have always said, the Rockies lose a little bit of home field advantage to the high dry altitude because visiting teams love to "pad their stats" out here because the ball carries and FA pitchers know this and why they have a hard time acquiring stud FA pitchers.:-)
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:33 AM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Just the opposite and why I have always said, the Rockies lose a little bit of home field advantage to the high dry altitude because visiting teams love to "pad their stats" out here because the ball carries and FA pitchers know this and why they have a hard time acquiring stud FA pitchers.:-)
Nope. The air is lighter in Denver because of the altitude. At equal altitudes humid air is lighter than dry air. Humid air *feels* heavy to us because it reduces evaporative cooling which builds up sweat.

After all, hydrogen is the lightest gas, and water vapor is ...H20.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:42 AM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Isn't damp air actually *lighter* than drier air? Hard time believing Wilmington DE has much of a different climate than say, Baltimore...

It's got to to be something like a lot of foul territory or given the stadium configuration, prevailing wind patterns in the summer are blowing in.
Yes. Hot humid air is some of the best air for hitting HR.

A hot and humid day in Colorado (which almost never exists) would be the absolute best environment for hitting HRs.

For some reason many ppl think humid air weighs the ball down, but thats simply untrue. It just FEELS heavier to us.
https://science.howstuffworks.com/na...an-dry-air.htm
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:47 AM 05-19-2019
humid would maybe give you more sweat to rub on the ball though
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:57 AM 05-19-2019
Humid and cold (if it’s due to a marine layer) seems to be a common reason balls don’t travel well.

The parks in San Francisco and the current Angels stadium have all had marine layers that suppress flight of flyballs.

With the way Frawley is situated, just off the Delaware river and with the Atlantic pretty close to boot, Id guess that is probably the biggest factor.

The whole “stadium in a valley” thing is stuck in my craw now. I’d had one of the minor league parks described to me that way once ... might have been High Desert, the old A-ball stadium (though it’s elevated above sea level and the ball flys out, so the opposite of Wilmington).

I’m playing softball right now with a guy who played in the Carolina League. I’ll pick his brain on it at this week’s game.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 301
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up