ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Xavien Howard?
Titty Meat 09:35 AM 01-30-2019
Welcome to the off season. Get it done Veach!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-trade-rumors/
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You realize there a lot of athletes signed to this agency, right? Hardly any are bad character guys.

Plenty of Pats players too, including McCourtey.
Yeah, I do. I still don't like it. Like I said, it's one of my "things".
[Reply]
bowener 10:55 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I never said he was. I don't want a guy like Lil Wayne anywhere near my team or its players. It's just one of my "things". You don't have to agree but I don't like it.

I don't like Lil Wayne, Jay Z, or any of those guys being involved in the lives of young men that have enough troubles and temptation already.
OR you could see it as men that went through the similar troubles and temptations that they did and made it out on top as a success. Some white frat kid from Scottsdale has no idea what their lives were like and how to communicate with them on a personal level. Saying you don't want one of these men near Jay-Z because he had a bad past is stupid considering the man built his music career into a billion dollar company.

Yes, lil Wayne is a weird little goblin thing, but it isn't like he is going to be personally handling negotiations. He owns the agency that will manage the kids, and he gets a cut of the profits.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
OR you could see it as men that went through the similar troubles and temptations that they did and made it out on top as a success. Some white frat kid from Scottsdale has no idea what their lives were like and how to communicate with them on a personal level. Saying you don't want one of these men near Jay-Z because he had a bad past is stupid considering the man built his music career into a billion dollar company.

Yes, lil Wayne is a weird little goblin thing, but it isn't like he is going to be personally handling negotiations. He owns the agency that will manage the kids, and he gets a cut of the profits.
I don't expect you to understand and it's not worth fighting about here.
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM 01-30-2019
We need to draft and develop our own Howard that cost a whole lot less for 4 or 5 years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
We need to draft and develop our own Howard that cost a whole lot less for 4 or 5 years.
Yep. Previous conversation aside, Baker would be a good get if he lasts to 29.
[Reply]
bowener 11:01 AM 01-30-2019
I don't expect you to understand and it's not worth fighting about here.
I'm not fighting with you. I'm pointing at that some of your "things" might possibly be stupid to be upset about. I'm curious what other "things" upset you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm not fighting with you. I'm pointing at that some of your "things" might possibly be stupid to be upset about. I'm curious what other "things" upset you.
I'm not "upset". I have a fundamental, philosophical disagreement with the way men like Lil Wayne live their lives and the impact that it has on young people.

That's all. Like I said, this isn't the place for it so I'm not going to comment further.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 01-30-2019
Yep. Previous conversation aside, Baker would be a good get if he lasts to 29.
I'm markedly terrible at evaluating cornerbacks so I haven't looked at all.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:22 AM 01-30-2019
Seems pretty good to me. After just a glance, anyway.

11 interceptions in last 17 games.

Intercepted Luck twice in a game in week 16.
Intercepted Carr twice early in the year.

6’1 192

I guess it depends on what Miami would want back and how we could structure the deal to make the most sense, if we would look into trading for him. Veach tried signing Kyle Fuller to an offer sheet where he eventually signed for 14m per...so he’s looking for an elite corner to add to this defense.

We NEED ballhawks and Howard is one of the best.

Move a 2 for Howard...that’s basically trading Peters for Howard. Sign Earl Thomas to a fair deal.

Draft a good #2 TE and defense the rest of the way and this team is going to be very very good.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:25 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm markedly terrible at evaluating cornerbacks so I haven't looked at all.
It’s not easy to do when you’re watching regular game footage.

I think Baker is a good one though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Move a 2 for Howard...that’s basically trading Peters for Howard. Sign Earl Thomas to a fair deal.
They're not going to have anywhere close to that type of money.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 01-30-2019
They're not going to have anywhere close to that type of money.
In before BossChiefs magical cap resuscitation starts. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:29 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s not easy to do when you’re watching regular game footage.

I think Baker is a good one though.
He seems to me to be maybe a little lower ceiling than some of the others but a MUCH higher floor. There just doesn't seem to be any gaps in his game, he's good at everything.
[Reply]
O.city 11:30 AM 01-30-2019
He seems to me to be maybe a little lower ceiling than some of the others but a MUCH higher floor. There just doesn't seem to be any gaps in his game, he's good at everything.
I think they need to draft one and potentially trade for one.

If you could trade for a legit corner without having to use the first this year, that would be nice.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 01-30-2019
Exactly. Mullen for example has more upside, but not enough to make up for the difference in floors.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up