Burt Reynolds
Timothy Olyphant
Michael Madsen
Tim Roth
Dewey Crow as Manson

This is going to be one epic movie.

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:49 PM 09-02-2019
Watched it last night by myself, as my kids were out of town and my wife was at work.

That may have been the most singularly enjoyable movie experience I can remember. What a great catharsis, especially after watching the second season of Mindhunter.

"Everybody all right?"

"Well...the fuckin'' hippies aren't; that's for goddamn sure."

:-) :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:51 PM 09-02-2019
When I saw the Lee-Cliff scene you know what I thought of? The Bruce Lee-Mike Tyson thread on here. It's clear that Tarantino and Cliff share my sentiments as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:06 AM 11-01-2019
Brad Pitt Confirms Tarantino’s Plan for Extended ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Miniseries

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/tarantino-plans-extended-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-netflix-miniseries-1202162622/

https://www.slashfilm.com/once-upon-...-extended-cut/
A Netflix miniseries version of Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight" premiered on the streaming service in April.
[Reply]
MelGrif 08:35 AM 11-01-2019
I haven't watched it yet, but the opinions were divided as I understood...
[Reply]
Miles 08:06 PM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Brad Pitt Confirms Tarantino’s Plan for Extended ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Miniseries

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/tarantino-plans-extended-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-netflix-miniseries-1202162622/

https://www.slashfilm.com/once-upon-...-extended-cut/
A Netflix miniseries version of Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight" premiered on the streaming service in April.
Nice :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:34 AM 11-30-2019
I'm gonna drop this here, and ask if anyone else got a vibe from this scene, connecting to a previous iconic scene?

For some reason I'm still sussing out, my mind went here, and I wonder if it did for anyone else. . .

Attached: OUaTiH.jpg (28.6 KB) 
[Reply]
scho63 12:10 PM 11-30-2019
I watched this yesterday and I'm still not sure what to make of it. Still processing everything and I may watch it a second time just to capture anything I might have missed first go around. He did however get in the "hot feet" scene with Margaret Qualley sticking her dirty feet all over the windshield.

Did I love it? Absolutely not

Did I hate it? Absolutely not

It was very strange in so many ways and unlike all the of the Tarantino movies I've seen.

I need to take a pass on rating it for the moment.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:18 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I watched this yesterday and I'm still not sure what to make of it. Still processing everything and I may watch it a second time just to capture anything I might have missed first go around. He did however get in the "hot feet" scene with Margaret Qualley sticking her dirty feet all over the windshield.

It was very strange in so many ways and unlike all the of the Tarantino movies I've seen.

I think that's a wise take.

I was scrupulous in avoiding being spoiled until I watched it.

There were many things I kind of expected, that I really really liked. There were many things that were unexpected that I didn't like as much, but as time passes I think I didn't like them as much because I didn't expect them, . . . and perhaps expected something else, perhaps more than them not being good ideas or excellent scenes.

I certainly have thought about it a lot, and that is promising. There is a lot to chew on, . . . far more than you register in the moment.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:27 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There were many things I kind of expected, that I really really liked. There were many things that were unexpected that I didn't like as much, but as time passes I think I didn't like them as much because I didn't expect them, . . . and perhaps expected something else, perhaps more than them not being good ideas or excellent scenes.
Expanding on this, without overly spoiling until I'm sure we're in a spoiler space for this film . . . The most controversial unexpected development [we know the one], I wasn't on board with the execution of it as I watched, . . . but after a bit and thinking on the statement it was making, I'm nearly gobsmacked in the elegiac nature of the attempt. The portent of that, and what came after [both in the film and the imagination] nearly chokes me up reflecting on it. And once I got past the moment of experiencing it, I'm starting to come around on the execution as well.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:00 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

Margot Robbie in the theater as well.
[Reply]
Iconic 05:43 PM 11-30-2019
I disliked it right up until the car scene where the Tate murder stuff began. Everything before that was just weird... and some of it just flat out made me uncomfortable.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
He’s had a thing for feet in several of his movies.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:00 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I disliked it right up until the car scene where the Tate murder stuff began. Everything before that was just weird... and some of it just flat out made me uncomfortable.
seemed like a pretty standard Tarantino movie to me. His movies are weird. What exactly was “weirder” to you about this one?
[Reply]
scho63 03:22 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
:-) How did I miss that?

See I do need to rewatch.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:28 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
For what it’s worth, your previous post sold me... gonna check it out tomorrow night

Although I did hear that Bruce Lee’s family is very unhappy with how he was portrayed as some arrogant jerk... SHAME ON YOU QUENTIN
That part was hilarious.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up