ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 286
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
DeepPurple 11:52 AM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Anyone seen Ma yet? I plan on checking it out sometime next week . Stay away from the full trailer though as it shows a lot.
On IMDB I've rated about 2500 movies, which doesn't make me an expert, but I found that movies rated 7.0 or better are theater worthy and anything less than 7.0 is best to wait for TV or DVD. Ma currently has a rating of 6.1, not saying you shouldn't see it, but maybe save your money.

I like IMDB because the reviews are from regular members and not professional film critics. On 'Ma' most of the reviews were in the range of 1 to maybe 6, here's one that gave it 3 stars and there are good amount of 3 star reviews.

Another Blumhouse Production to Rake in the Money With a Low Budget
Yee_Reviews30 May 2019

Good: No doubt, Octavia Spencer carries the film and without her, the film would have easily crumbled and been unwatchable. And that's about it for the good....

Bad: The story's goal/main theme is not interesting and the choices of the characters are, like always, stupid and ignorant. The romance is forced and unbelievable. The story and characters are under-developed and are not given detail. The film lacks a scare factor/shock-value and the only times the audience jumped were in unnecessary jump scare scenes throughout a campy horror flick.

Overall: Besides Octavia Spencer, the cast is throw-away and do not add much to the film making it its own. This is a skip, at most a wait for Netflix. Messy with loose holes as it never fully develops and dark humor that's cringe and laughable.

*The movie's lesson here is to have common sense!

[Reply]
Nickhead 12:21 AM 06-07-2019
so i was watching a vid about fantastic four's future. and the screen shot with the logo caught my eye. (dunno who made/owns the image, but...)

irregardless, what do you see in the image?
Attached: f4.jpg (31.0 KB) 
[Reply]
sully1983 05:38 PM 06-07-2019
Caught Ma today and thought it was a pretty good/campy/trashy film . Octivia Spencer is a really good actress.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:00 PM 06-08-2019
Was really digging Bad Times at the El Royale until the Hemsworth b-side Brad Pitt impersonation and 45 minutes of unnecessary drag out.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:44 AM 06-10-2019
Booksmart was pretty funny. 8/10
[Reply]
Dayze 11:50 AM 06-10-2019
Watched The Equalizer 2 last night. Really enjoyed it.
Of course, I enjoyed the first one, and I thought this one was better.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:21 PM 06-13-2019
This popped up on my YouTube feed today. Looks like it's got some sketchy CGI, and I can't remember the last time I saw Judd Nelson in anything, but it might be worth a look.

[Reply]
mcknzAlex 06:28 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
Watched Bad times at the EL Royale the other night on HBO. Loved it.
I am not aware that this movie exists, is it because there are a lot of good films last year?
[Reply]
Jerm 12:13 AM 06-15-2019
Saw Ma tonight....well that was.....something lol.

Octavia Spencer is awesome though...she's good in everything.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:11 AM 06-15-2019
It isn’t NEW new, but pretty close... rented Creed II last night, and was seriously let down

The first one was rock solid, but this felt completely mailed in... bad acting, poorly written dialogue, all of it was a big mess that played like a made for tv movie
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:19 AM 06-15-2019
I don’t want to dig up the old movies thread but I watched 2 recently.

I saw Death Wish, it was decent. Willis is a notably unbelievable doctor, but overall the show worked. They did a nice job of showing what would happen if a normal dude tried to start capping fools. Decent watch.

I also caught Blue Chips for the first time in forever. It hasn’t aged particularly well and the basketball in it isn’t very good, but man there were some fascinating aspects of it. First, Nolte crushes it. It’s been a good long time since I’ve seen him in something where he wasn’t drunk. It really was a heck of an acting job. Compelling stuff.

The big thing is the subject matter is pretty poignant given the fbi tapes and all that shit. It’s amazing how little has changed in 25 years and how obviously nobody gives a fuck. Interestingly they got some big ass names. Knight, Pitino, Boeheim. That’s a lot of dudes that were 1. Making a pile of money so they probably didn’t need it and 2. Were paying players. I found it interesting.

Seeing young Penny Hardaway and Shaw I had to go look up some highlights.

Anyway it was a much more interesting watch than I anticipated.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:56 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don’t want to dig up the old movies thread but I watched 2 recently.

I saw Death Wish, it was decent. Willis is a notably unbelievable doctor, but overall the show worked. They did a nice job of showing what would happen if a normal dude tried to start capping fools. Decent watch.

I also caught Blue Chips for the first time in forever. It hasn’t aged particularly well and the basketball in it isn’t very good, but man there were some fascinating aspects of it. First, Nolte crushes it. It’s been a good long time since I’ve seen him in something where he wasn’t drunk. It really was a heck of an acting job. Compelling stuff.

The big thing is the subject matter is pretty poignant given the fbi tapes and all that shit. It’s amazing how little has changed in 25 years and how obviously nobody gives a fuck. Interestingly they got some big ass names. Knight, Pitino, Boeheim. That’s a lot of dudes that were 1. Making a pile of money so they probably didn’t need it and 2. Were paying players. I found it interesting.

Seeing young Penny Hardaway and Shaw I had to go look up some highlights.

Anyway it was a much more interesting watch than I anticipated.
Bye
no more derailing this thread for you, farmer boy
[Reply]
stumppy 11:02 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
Watched Bad times at the EL Royale the other night on HBO. Loved it.

Watched it last night. Pretty good flick. I wouldn't pay to go see it but pretty good for watching at home.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:04 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Bye
no more derailing this thread for you, farmer boy
You feeling fiesty this morning?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:08 PM 06-15-2019
Picked up Lords of Chaos earlier, a supposedly true-ish story of a Scandinavian death metal band who took their lifestyle a bit too far back in the 80s... gonna put it on when it starts getting dark and will report back
[Reply]
Page 211 of 286
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261 > Last »
Up