ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 221
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:25 PM 04-11-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Thats sounds like an awfully handy little gadget
It really is. It works especially great for me because I can use it in my kayak like any regular fish finder or I can cast it from the bank. I just got an arm band for my phone so it's right there for me to see.
[Reply]
loochy 04:42 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by loochy:
One of two things:

they are fat stocker brooders that were put in the river after they were already big.

or

fish are VERY good at staying put during flooding. They will almost always move up into the shallower, slower water during flooding.

I lean toward number 1. Wild fish (or fish that are holdovers from previous seasons) are never that fat. They just don't look like that. THIS is what a fish that has been in a river a while looks like:

See how strong and lean it is, and see how the fins are nice and crisp? That's in stark contrast to a hatchery trout, which may turn into fat abominations from learning to gorge on pellets at the hatchery.
By the way...that's not me. That was just a picture I found that illustrated my point.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:19 AM 04-12-2016
Does anyone know if the crappie are spawning in Truman lake yet?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:22 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I haven't been in a couple days but talked to a friend yesterday that said No
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:34 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I have been multiple places and read around dome sites and they seem to be spread out and in pre spawn locations. This should be the first consistently warm week so they should start pushing shallower very soon.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:17 PM 04-12-2016
Thanks guys
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:22 PM 04-13-2016
No one would believe me if I told them I went fishing and didn't catch anything..

I did an overnight on Lake Wilson and it was slow as fuck. Not one freaking bite all night, but I persevered and ended up with something

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Am still on two 1/2 hours sleep. It got kinda freaking cold last night.
[Reply]
loochy 02:56 PM 04-13-2016
It's always embarrassing to get skunked. Way to avoid the 0-fer!
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:09 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by loochy:
It's always embarrassing to get skunked. Way to avoid the 0-fer!

Yes God was listening to me cuss I hope I didn't use his name in vein.

Btw using my Bass Pro Shop "Cat Buster" , that drum was no Daisy he was no Daisy at all.
[Reply]
Strongside 03:10 PM 04-13-2016
Hoping to make it up to Watkins Mill on Saturday morning before my tee time. Can't imagine a much better day than slaying a few Largemouth in the morning and then spending the rest of the day drinking and golfing.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:58 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I have been multiple places and read around dome sites and they seem to be spread out and in pre spawn locations. This should be the first consistently warm week so they should start pushing shallower very soon.
getting closer
[Reply]
bdj23 06:34 PM 04-22-2016

Finally got into something this afternoon! A new personal best. About 30lbs or so 3 1/2 foot long blue catfish.

Kansas River on shad sides.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:44 PM 04-22-2016
:-)

Excellent work BDj, thats a hoss... what kind of rig got him in?
[Reply]
bdj23 07:57 PM 04-22-2016
7 ft catfish rod with an open face reel and 30lb braded line and some shad sides.

Only bite i got all day.

I'm guessing he was around 25-30lbs, but with fish stories you always go on the heavy side! I wish i could have gotten a better photo, but there wasn't anybody anywhere close to me.

I picked him up by his jaw and held him about shoulder level and his tail fin went down to my knees. I'm 6'3
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:03 PM 04-22-2016
Last weekend I hammered crappie at Redmond. Literally every cast was a catch and Redmond produces big fish. It got to the point it was boring since they were in like 2 feet of water biting almost instantly. Between mt dad and I we could have kept 100 12 inch crappie and 30 15 inch crappie and that is not an exageration. We ended up keeping about 30 between us. Here is one of the larger ones. And these things are wide with big backs. Basically got strip steaks off them.
Attached: uploadfromtaptalk1461377008711.jpg (79.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 105 of 221
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up