ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 39
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>If you're not watching Supernatural...
keg in kc 03:08 AM 01-23-2009
...you should be.

Last night's episode, entitled "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" (seriously) was awesome (other notable titles this season included "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was one of the best eps of the series).

The entire season has been terrific. No bullshit, the show is delivering week after week after week, it's really hitting for me like the X-Files did during it's mid-run peak. It's not like anything else on television, much less anything on the CW. It delivers drama, it delivers emotion, it delivers horror, it delivers subtle comedy. I'm not sure it isn't one of the 2 or 3 best shows on all of television right now. Seriously. It's that good. Give it a look sometime if you haven't already.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:59 PM 05-13-2010
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Happened a while back.
Thanks Keg, I had heard about this but wasn't sure. Looks like it's official. I'm glad for one more season but want it to be the last. Nothing worse than an excellent show that hangs on just a little too sienfeldy long.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 04:06 PM 05-13-2010
from wiki:

The sixth season of Supernatural has been officially confirmed by the CW network.[113] Creator Eric Kripke originally planned for the show to only last five seasons, but due to increased ratings from the fourth and fifth seasons, there has been talk of the show returning for more. Eric Kripke has confirmed that he will not be returning as showrunner for Season 6, however, he will still remain as a hands-on executive producer, leaving Executive Producer Sera Gamble to take over the reins.[114] Both Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki have six year contracts, so as the network has chosen to continue the show, they will return for at least one more season. Padalecki stated that if the show is no longer compelling after a possible sixth season, that he will not return for more. Sera Gamble, who will take over the showrunner position, had said that the sixth and possible final season of the show will focus on the brothers' relationship.[115][116][117]
[Reply]
Ebolapox 08:01 PM 05-13-2010
the light went out. he's still satan.

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!?

fuck!
[Reply]
Chieficus 08:10 PM 05-13-2010
Originally Posted by H5N1:

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!?

****!
Unless he was just dropped off by an angel, God, etc...? (gotta keep the mystery w/ a hook--Kripke's "swan song" before it gives way to a new season w/ a new helms(wo)man; that way 1-5 is finished but ties w/ 6)... that's my bet anyway.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 08:53 PM 05-13-2010
true enough, hadn't thought of that angle. they really pulled what I thought was (at times) a lackluster season six. they could've done SO much more with it, but honestly, they did it in the way I guess sam and dean would've done it... the brother as michael pissed me off at first, but it really worked in this episode... and michael/lucifer in the pit? a LOT of potential for future shenanigans written into the script.

I really liked the writing of the finale... it just worked, which is all you can really ask of a script.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:03 PM 05-13-2010
true enough, hadn't thought of that angle. they really pulled what I thought was (at times) a lackluster season six. they could've done SO much more with it, but honestly, they did it in the way I guess sam and dean would've done it... the brother as michael pissed me off at first, but it really worked in this episode... and michael/lucifer in the pit? a LOT of potential for future shenanigans written into the script.

I really liked the writing of the finale... it just worked, which is all you can really ask of a script.
Isn't season 6 the next one??
[Reply]
KurtCobain 12:58 AM 05-14-2010
I was pissed at first about this episode. At the beginning I was enraged Dean didn't just throw Sam in the fucking hole or atleast make a leap at him while it was still open. Then, I was really offended when they brought Castiel back and then Bobby, but that's part of the show I guess, killing folks off and bringing them right back. And I was really pissed when Sam was standing there at the end. I would've prefferred him to be stuck in the fucking hole he's SUPPOSED to be stuck in, and the next season(if there HAS to be one) starting out with Dean breaking his promise and fucking things up trying to bring Sam back. I was really upset about this one. Then I stopped being a bitch, rewatched it three times, and now I'm okay with it. Now let's see if Gamble can wow us next year.

And I loved the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Totally appropriate timing. Awesome. I've always enjoyed the music on the show.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:21 AM 05-14-2010
ehh, if it were the last season , they would probably stay dead but since it is getting another session they need some characters.. The show is soooo good, hopefully it is not ruined by its own success ala heroes..

My dvr cut off so I did not see the preview only Sam under the streetlight.. I assume he and Satan somehow escaped.. And he is going to kill Dean's girl and steal the boy next season..
[Reply]
Chieficus 10:54 AM 05-14-2010
Originally Posted by Valiant:
ehh, if it were the last season , they would probably stay dead but since it is getting another session they need some characters.. The show is soooo good, hopefully it is not ruined by its own success ala heroes..

My dvr cut off so I did not see the preview only Sam under the streetlight.. I assume he and Satan somehow escaped.. And he is going to kill Dean's girl and steal the boy next season..
Well, since Kripke said he only wanted a 5-season story arc, and since he wrapped it up, next season will be taken over by another, and her focus is going to be more on "the brothers' relationship," then I highly doubt satan made it out.

See my post above: I'm guessing (like w/ Cast), this was an act of God basically resurrecting Sam, especially since he's the one who put Lucifer back in the pit w/o the global armageddon...
[Reply]
KurtCobain 12:17 AM 05-15-2010
Originally Posted by Chieficus:
See my post above: I'm guessing (like w/ Cast), this was an act of God basically resurrecting Sam, especially since he's the one who put Lucifer back in the pit w/o the global armageddon...
That would be so lame, but I'd bet anything you're right. Fuck.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:13 AM 05-15-2010
That could make for some great tension, though. Dean goes to hell and gets tortured for years (from his perspective) while God gives Sam a get out of jail free card.

But the whole bit with the street light exploding over him makes me wonder if there isn't more to it then that. Maybe it's not Sam. Or maybe Sam's different somehow. Castiel is Michael now, maybe Sam is Castiel. Wouldn't that be wacked - i go to hell, god turns you into an angel.

(Not that I think that's what it is...)
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:16 AM 05-15-2010
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That could make for some great tension, though. Dean goes to hell and gets tortured for years (from his perspective) while God gives Sam a get out of jail free card.

But the whole bit with the street light exploding over him makes me wonder if there isn't more to it then that. Maybe it's not Sam. Or maybe Sam's different somehow. Castiel is Michael now, maybe Sam is Castiel. Wouldn't that be wacked - i go to hell, god turns you into an angel.

(Not that I think that's what it is...)
there's gotta be some sort of messed up twist there--otherwise, this season just feels a bit too much like the 'dynasty' dream episode... "oh yeah, we led you on about the apocalypse--it was there, but nothing really of consequence happens to the boys"
[Reply]
vailpass 02:53 PM 05-17-2010

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!?

****!
He did drink a shit ton of demon's blood.
Could it have been the demon in him that blew the light out?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 08:09 PM 05-17-2010
Originally Posted by vailpass:
He did drink a shit ton of demon's blood.
Could it have been the demon in him that blew the light out?
at this point, it all depends on how assholeish they want to be in moving the plot along. they can string the apocalypse along a bit and say that sam is still satan... after thinking about it, though, I don't think that's the case. I'm leaning toward either angelic/god's intervention or your supposition.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:54 AM 05-18-2010
at this point, it all depends on how assholeish they want to be in moving the plot along. they can string the apocalypse along a bit and say that sam is still satan... after thinking about it, though, I don't think that's the case. I'm leaning toward either angelic/god's intervention or your supposition.
I agree, I also think the apocalypse thing has run it's course. I think next season will be all about bringing the characters home with Bobby hunting but Dean refusing to hunt. At least until something pulls him back in. Wouldn't be surprised to see their dad and maybe even their mom show up again.
I hope the Trixter comes back, I like that guy. And for god's sake no matter what the plot line may we please start having a some hot demon chicks show up again?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 39
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up