ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Hall of Classics>PPL, Dissent and New Posters
KCJohnny 12:04 PM 08-25-2001
PPL: Planet party line. Marty/Gun "sucks" (not my choice of words), Rams West is COOOOOL, 6-10 under Vermiel is better than 9-7 with Gun, all ex-Chiefs are money-grubbing scum suckers who are overrated anyway, T-Rich ain't good enuff, etc...

Dissent: People who post replies not in conformity to the PPL.

New Posters: People who innocently post their actual opinions rather than subscribe to the PPL and get shouted down by the clique of regulars touting the conventional wisdom.

Oh well, its only football, and most of us deserve each other.

KCJ
Football Paraiah
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:12 PM 08-25-2001
What a jack@ss.
[Reply]
KCJohnny 07:56 PM 08-25-2001
1. This was a post decrying the piling on of the regulars when new posters post their honest opinions and get what I call the PPL... is there anyone here that does NOT know what I am talking about?
2. It is YOU people, not me who can't let the Gun/RBbC go, not me! If I even mention it, you guys come crawling out of the woodwork like roaches to feast on me and my so-called credibility (as a football fan? not necessary). I was not interested in starting the 3 billionth topic about how bad things were under Cunningham. I KNOW how bad they were.
3. Self pity? That is what YOU guys are reading into it. Look through this thread and see how many crude and baseless insults are hurled at me. Where is my provocation other than in the arena of ideas? I don't feel sorry for myself because of FOOTBALL opinions...(what a waste). I DO feel sorry for some of you because of your distance from the Almighty.
4. Attention? Me need attention HERE? All I need to do is post ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING and I get 1,000 hits per thread. And it doesn't even have to be my thread.
5. FWIW, some of the people on this BBS actually email me about this very thing (PPL) and they are turned off by it.
6. So, I'm damned if use stats and I'm damned if I just voice my opinions without stats. I think I'll continue to buttress my arguments with stats, history and allegory. As for you guys who just 'speak your mind' (you know who you are), enjoy not being judged by a double standard.
7. Brock: Maz'l tov. Thanks.
8. If you guys are actually as sick of me as you say, why do you post thousands of words to address me?
9. I am NOT against the new direction of the team. I am and always will be against what appears to be the ramifization of the club, which appears to be waning as the true talent on the team emerges.
10. Please take it easy on the new posters who have not figured out how to please the regs and the PPL. As soon as the Star BB gets back up, I'll cease to molest the regulars on this BB.

KCJohnny
Ordinary guy:-)
[Reply]
gh4chiefs 08:08 PM 08-25-2001
Chaplain,

I don't know if you remember me or not, I was GaryH on the Star BB, and we've even traded e-mails a few times in the past. I hope you know that I respect you and what you do for a living, serving our country and serving our Lord. I consider you a friend even though we have lost touch with each other.

But I want to say, you're just wrong about the "PPL" thing. You liked Gun, most of us, including myself didn't, and I'm not talking personally, I mean about his abilities as HEAD coach. I think there's a lot more respect here for Marty than you believe, it's just that most of us were tired of him by the time he left. He had lost his effectiveness in KC and it was time to move on.

These are just differences of opinions Chaplain. Please don't make this out to be some kind kind of personal vendetta. Yeah there are some people who get bent out of shape and probably go over the line with you. I urge you in all sincerity to turn the other cheek, and let's just enjoy this season, whatever it brings us.

Respectfully,
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:12 PM 08-25-2001
There is never going to be a new star BB.

Once again, KCJ is the martyr, this time for newbies. Wow, I wish I was as innocent and selfless as you...of course that is impossible because I'm just a mindless BB thug, in fact KCJ....you're right! There really is a mob here, we wear cyber jackboots and we like to kick kittens and we always travel in packs and we, we all wear the same clothes, we eat only tacos(Death To The Burrito Eaters!) and we only drink Tab(Death To The Pepsi Drinkers!) and we only listen to Laurence Welk(Death To Yanni!!)...Thank God you are here to save all the innocent burrito eating, Tab drinking, Yanni loving kittens!! Where would they be without you KCJ?

Where would they be without you?
[Reply]
old_geezer 08:13 PM 08-25-2001
John

You whine constantly. You call out basically the whole board with your asinine post, then you complain when you get the very results you were seeking.
You are not a "new poster" and to compare our treatment of your continued negitive posting to the posting of a newcomer is self-serving at best.

Old Geezer will pray for the speedy recovery of the Star BB. Don't forget to turn off the light on your way out.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:18 PM 08-25-2001
No, John, you're not going to pull that bullsh!t this time. No spinning here. I'm tired of dealing with your arrogance, I'm tired of dealing with your self-rightous attitude, I'm tired of dealing with your insults, I'm tired of your hypocricy and I'm tired of turning the other cheek every time you decide to go off on me or on another poster. Enough is enough.
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KCJohnny 1. This was a post decrying the piling on of the regulars when new posters post their honest opinions and get what I call the PPL... is there anyone here that does NOT know what I am talking about?
Please, show me ONE example of this. Complete bullsh!t.
Originally Posted by :
2. It is YOU people, not me who can't let the Gun/RBbC go, not me! If I even mention it, you guys come crawling out of the woodwork like roaches to feast on me and my so-called credibility (as a football fan? not necessary). I was not interested in starting the 3 billionth topic about how bad things were under Cunningham. I KNOW how bad they were.
Bullsh!t!

Every day you appear on the board you post at least once about RBbC and how we're going to see it again. Go ahead and deny it. I'll dig up your own damn posts.
Originally Posted by :
3. Self pity? That is what YOU guys are reading into it. Look through this thread and see how many crude and baseless insults are hurled at me.
Crude and baseless insults? Talk about self-pity!! The majority of the posters on this thread have been far too kind on this thread, myself included. I bent over backwards to treat you with more respect than you EVER treat anyone who disagrees with you.
Originally Posted by :
4. Attention? Me need attention HERE? All I need to do is post ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING and I get 1,000 hits per thread. And it doesn't even have to be my thread.
Arrogance doesn't impress me. And that very statement is a pretty damning one about how much you crave attention...
Originally Posted by :
5. FWIW, some of the people on this BBS actually email me about this very thing (PPL) and they are turned off by it.
I don't believe that for a second.
Originally Posted by :
6. So, I'm damned if use stats and I'm damned if I just voice my opinions without stats. I think I'll continue to buttress my arguments with stats, history and allegory.
No, you're damned when you use *incorrect* stats and when you use statistics in a selective manner, and even create new statistics as you see fit, just to fit a certain argument.
Originally Posted by :
8. If you guys are actually as sick of me as you say, why do you post thousands of words to address me?
Well, I was trying to do what a *good* man would do and help you, but another display like this and I'm not going to waste any more words on you.
Originally Posted by :
9. I am NOT against the new direction of the team. I am and always will be against what appears to be the ramifization of the club, which appears to be waning as the true talent on the team emerges.
You and national sportswriters are the *only* ones who have labeled this team the Ramcos, martzification, St. Louis west and all that other bullsh!t. It's been evident from the beginning that it would be different, and several of us have argued for months that it would be different.
Originally Posted by :
10. Please take it easy on the new posters who have not figured out how to please the regs and the PPL. As soon as the Star BB gets back up, I'll cease to molest the regulars on this BB.
Please stop being a complete and total jack@ss and behave like an adult who can coexist with other people.

Like I said before, the only PPL is yours, the Proctor Party Line. Take your head out of your nether-regions and you might see that.

The problem is YOU John, and maybe one day you'll grow up enough to be able to understand that.
[Reply]
Warrior5 08:24 PM 08-25-2001
GO CHIEFS!
[Reply]
milkman 08:31 PM 08-25-2001
1.Regulars don't pile on. We welcome new posters with their opinions, and are willing to debate them. You get piled on because you shroud your opinions with implied insults and arrogance, or act like a martyr.
2.No, you are the one that keeps insisting that the RBbC is not dead, that Gun was 16-16 and the third winniest coach in KC history.
3.Oh woe is me, everybody piles on me because my opinion differs from theirs. That's your self pity.
As for the insults, you hide them behind these comments about "certain posters, you know who you are"
I'm sorry that my insults are more direct than yours, but I'm not as civilized as you.
Of course I prefer the enemy that is seen to the one that is hidden.
4.Yeah, right. I'll believe it when I see it.
6.No john, you're not damned for using stats, you're damned for skewing them. And I have no problem if you give an opinion w/o stats, because stats mean squat to me, as I've told you before.
7. Brock: Maz'l tov. Thanks.
8.Because we know that you are better than this. We just want to show you that you've become less.
9.Ramification is your word. Most of us knew that we wouldn't see the same type of team as the Rams, but you insisted that we would.
10.Again, all newcomers are welcome. Differing opinions and civilized debates are welcome.
Martyrs are even welcome, although sometimes difficult to tolerate.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:35 PM 08-25-2001
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more pathetic...

It's pretty obvious that Johnny doesn't understand, or refuses to understand...he's right, the rest of us are wrong, and that is that...

I've said those words before...to Packfan. This is the end of it for me. I'm excited about the upcoming season and want to talk Chiefs FOOTBALL...
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 08:56 PM 08-25-2001
procty boy,

You have a psychologhy degree, yes?

Perhaps you should practice it on yourself.

CG

thinks something is seriously wrong with this boy, and it goes way beyond this BB or Gunther. Seriously proc, you need help.

Here's to hoping proc gets some help.
[Reply]
milkman 09:02 PM 08-25-2001
Johnny,
I found the Star BB about 31/2 years ago, and since the day I found and started posting on the Star board, you and I have disagreed on just about everything. We've agreed on maybe 3 things in that entire time.

Does that mean that the PPL is following me?:-)
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 09:08 PM 08-25-2001
proc,

Isn't there something called "AWOL"...maybe...

I think the army has screwed you out of too much money and your pissed!:-)
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:15 PM 08-25-2001
All hail the milkman proud spokesman of the PPL (which can also be a shortened version of people)
[Reply]
milkman 09:39 PM 08-25-2001
You all are in serious trouble if I'm the spokesman, since I lack the ability to articulate my (your) thoughts with the eloquence of such PPLs as Keg, Gaz or others.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 09:44 PM 08-25-2001
You know what, guys? I haven't been on this BB to much, as of late, and I just found out about this PPL thing today. Well, I was wondering...how in the hell did I get left off of it?!!

Oh, screw you guys!!!:-) I'll get my own PPL started!!! You'll see!!!!!:-)

CG

imitating a mad man (on this BB):-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up