ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 40
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
StcChief 12:59 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Great thread idea I'm looking forward to keeping up with this
solidifying the knowledge of history here into a thread
[Reply]
VonneMarie 01:08 PM 03-15-2008
I don't even know half of these.
[Reply]
Nzoner 01:09 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by VonneMarie:
$1100?WTF,did you go on a winning streak?
[Reply]
VonneMarie 01:11 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
$1100?WTF,did you go on a winning streak?
Roulette, baby! At 90 a bet. And everyone repping me. LOL.
[Reply]
chagrin 01:44 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by Shootr:
Lurking nearly every day since the Planet's inception, I would bet that I am one of the most prolific lurkers around. I do not know about the chocolate hogs. I am embarrassed.
Shootr - what's up dude, I was in a randomly assigned fantasy football league with you 3 seasons ago - what's going on!
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 01:51 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by VonneMarie:
That's because you disappeared. Remember?
Attached: skyransom.jpg (9.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Shootr 02:08 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by chagrin:
Shootr - what's up dude, I was in a randomly assigned fantasy football league with you 3 seasons ago - what's going on!
Hey man, yep I remember that. I don't think I did too well in that league...
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:20 PM 03-15-2008
Jeez, my memory is for shit. I don't recall any of these mentioned.
[Reply]
Lurker2:-)=) 03:08 PM 03-15-2008
I'm a lurker for sure, but I haven't been around very long... only ~ 3 years. I want to say American hero was a Donkey fan :-) and the only Chiefs bathroom incident thread I recall was the one where the drunk female fan got to use the men's bathroom's bathroom by showing the guys her chest...

3 sentences about me... I really like the Chiefs, second only to my Bears that I grew up with, and my new "dream" is to get to attend a home game at Arrowhead to hear "the home of the... CHIEEEFFFFFFFFSSSSS" :-). I live in St Louis (yes, I know, I'm living in a "good football"-barren land) and I work with children with autism. And I think for the Chiefs to win, Carl must go!
[Reply]
DaFace 03:49 PM 03-15-2008
I've always thought it would be cool to have some sort of wiki with tales of ChiefsPlanet lore recorded with some of this stuff.
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:00 PM 03-15-2008
+1 for Lurker2 for the information, though the nice attempt is a foul tip.

The answers I'm looking for on the bobdole enounter is not the Joe Montana Story. The Ross Perot incident is the correct selection. The torrid tale speaks of a side by side incident, in which H Ross Perot stood next to bobdole at the urinal, and unleashed a blast of ass which shook his oversized ears too and fro. He did refer to him as "General Colon Bowel.

+1 Chiefs wigum

This thread is designed to let the old timers recall the old days and share some history, encourage some lurkers into the light of day, and share our history with the newer posters. Its the nexus of all that is wrong in the world wrapped up in 1 thread. Awesomeness shall prevail.

I'm still seeking closure and follow up on "danielle Seargent at Riverfalls" story.

The question is still up for grabs regarding the Death an appliance.

Gochiefs wants to know what he did at a urinal, and which nickname I bestowed upon him due to that incident.
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:04 PM 03-15-2008
The answer is unknown. I'll issue 100 bonus points to anyone that can tell me what truely happend to MrBlonde, even if its via PM.

The next question pertains to an incident involving a mini-mountain of discarded deciduous tree clorophyll conversion devices. How, according to Planet lore might one encourage misguided youth from driving through them? Which planeteer is responsible?
[Reply]
Skip Towne 04:15 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
The answer is unknown. I'll issue 100 bonus points to anyone that can tell me what truely happend to MrBlonde, even if its via PM.

The next question pertains to an incident involving a mini-mountain of discarded deciduous tree clorophyll conversion devices. How, according to Planet lore might one encourage misguided youth from driving through them? Which planeteer is responsible?
Huh?
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:19 PM 03-15-2008
Pile of leaves, skip...Pile of leaves. Not the pile of velvetleaf down in your outhouse either.

Next challenge question.

The All Idiot Team.

What is it, why was it created, and why is it funny? No answer valid without the name of the rival poster who initiated it.

Bonus points for naming 2 of that persons Chiefsplanet(star board too) rivals
Bonus point for that rival poster's real name.
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:33 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by POP:
The Eagles?
American Hero incident explained

American Hero was indeed an Eagles fan from Philly, a hoity-toity attorney who came to the planet, started more than a couple of threads where he went far beyond talking smack about the Chiefs. He disparaged Missouri, the Midwest, Kansas City, the people, the women, the mothers, the buildings....everything. While the planet warriors unsheathed their swords and readied for war!!! American Hero threw down, challenged that noone could find him anyway. His email address was used to sign up for the username, and it was his buisness address. One of the planet attorneys looked him up in some attorney book/list and listed everything about him, short of his Mother's cervix size(which might have been 7cm) including business and phone numbers....We knew his gpa in college.

Someone, still unknown to me to this day contacted his employer in an unsavory moment in our history.

The guy came back with the apology thread you can find in the hall of classics today. It was potentially the most devestating, brutal act of barbarism in defense of Chief fans in the history of the internet. Daniel "American Hero"'s ass was indeed penetrated for all glory to be seen.

He likely still walks with a limp today after the foot placed in his ass.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 40
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up