ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 162
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:23 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Bengals, Bills, Browns, and Colts.

That's an advantage to the Chiefs because they're all AFC games, whereas the Chiefs only have 2 AFC games left.
We saw this similar thing happen to NE last year. They were unbeaten for awhile but everyone could tell they were seriously flawed playing an ultra weak schedule. It fell apart toward the end.

The Steelers going 13-3 might be more likely than it is surprising at this time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:25 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m pretty confident if the chiefs finish 3-1 with the loss being to an nfc team they lock up the 1 seed.

I’m not sure but what the Steelers don’t lose 2 more anyway. That’s a tough schedule.

The colts and bills are playing for their playoff lives with teams right on their heels and the Browns are similar.
If the Steelers lose to the Bills, we've got the inside track but even after that, the schedules favor us.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:26 AM 12-09-2020
I went back to look at how wrong I was about Hill connecting with Kamara and found that in 2 games with Hill at QB, Michael Thomas had 9 catches for 104 yards and 9 catches for 105 yards.

I'm not worried about Brees. He's probably not even going to play and if he does, he's going to be rusty, tentative, and probably sore.

I think people are underestimating Hill. He's not Lamar Jackson really at all. He's much bigger and stronger. He has the same struggles in the passing game, though.
He is bigger and stronger, but Jackson is faster and more elusive. But they are both bigger threats with their legs than arms. The teams that have played NO so far are not used to that. We are used to it having played Baltimore three years in a row.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:28 AM 12-09-2020
If the Steelers lose to the Bills, we've got the inside track but even after that, the schedules favor us.
Don't underestimate the Chargers though. They always play us tough and Lynn could be coaching for his job. Also they would like nothing better than to play spoiler for us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:31 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We saw this similar thing happen to NE last year. They were unbeaten for awhile but everyone could tell they were seriously flawed playing an ultra weak schedule. It fell apart toward the end.

The Steelers going 13-3 might be more likely than it is surprising at this time.
3 of 4 of their games are losable, Buffalo being the toughest. If Rivers can not trip over his own feet (literally), that game is tough too.

I'm still not sold on Cleveland, especially against Pittsburgh. They're a good team but they're still Cleveland. Even then, they COULD beat the Steelers.
[Reply]
TEX 07:33 AM 12-09-2020
Id rather not deal with Cleveland. IMO, they're a bad draw for KC. Not saying KC would lose, just that they could present problems. Plus, and this probably has a lot to do with my opinion about them, is that I do not want to see Hunt scoring TD's against us and be part of the effort that denies KC the chance of a repeat. Just do not want to deal with all that. BUT, if it happens, BRING IT!
[Reply]
tredadda 07:35 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Id rather not deal with Cleveland. IMO, they're a bad draw for KC. Not saying KC would lose, just that they could present problems. Plus, and this probably has a lot to do with my opinion about them, is that I do not need Hunt scoring TD's against us.
Cleveland doesn't scare me to be honest. They have an elite run game that we would struggle against, but we can score and score quick on that defense. Build a lead and the run game gets neutralized. I have doubts Mayfield can beat Mahomes in a shootout.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:38 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He is bigger and stronger, but Jackson is faster and more elusive. But they are both bigger threats with their legs than arms. The teams that have played NO so far are not used to that. We are used to it having played Baltimore three years in a row.
Yeah, we're just not going to agree on all of this.

Like I said yesterday, the Ravens running game depends a lot on finesse at the QB position and power at the RB position.

The Saints are the opposite - power at the QB position and finesse at the RB position.

They're only similar in that the QB runs the ball. The way they run the ball is different. The Saints offense with Hill presents different matchup problems than Baltimore does, especially with Thomas on the outside.

It should be noted though that two of Hill's 3 starts were against the Falcons, so it's very difficult to surmise anything about trends because he's really only played 2 teams. They did pummel the Broncos.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:40 AM 12-09-2020
Cleveland doesn't scare me to be honest. They have an elite run game that we would struggle against, but we can score and score quick on that defense. Build a lead and the run game gets neutralized. I have doubts Mayfield can beat Mahomes in a shootout.
Yeah.

Cleveland is built like Marty's Cleveland teams. They're tough enough but they're not good enough.

They have issues at DB. All the Chiefs would have to do is score early and take them out of their game.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:54 AM 12-09-2020
Yeah, we're just not going to agree on all of this.

Like I said yesterday, the Ravens running game depends a lot on finesse at the QB position and power at the RB position.

The Saints are the opposite - power at the QB position and finesse at the RB position.

They're only similar in that the QB runs the ball. The way they run the ball is different. The Saints offense with Hill presents different matchup problems than Baltimore does, especially with Thomas on the outside.

It should be noted though that two of Hill's 3 starts were against the Falcons, so it's very difficult to surmise anything about trends because he's really only played 2 teams. They did pummel the Broncos.
While Thomas is a threat, I don't see him as a world beater as long as Hill is throwing the ball. I think we can double him as I don't believe Hill can make us pay for it in the passing game like a healthy Brees could. Perhaps I will be wrong, but we will see.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:55 AM 12-09-2020
While Thomas is a threat, I don't see him as a world beater as long as Hill is throwing the ball. I think we can double him as I don't believe Hill can make us pay for it in the passing game like a healthy Brees could. Perhaps I will be wrong, but we will see.
Yeah, I don't think Brees is even going to be able to play. The Saints kind of act like he won't be back any time soon.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:15 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Everyone except national pundits... who talked up their D as the potential bear ever and ignored that their performance was propped up against games vs. the AFC East.

Same thing happened this year with the Steelers. Very little talk about their vulnerabilities while they were undefeated.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:17 AM 12-09-2020
Have you actually watched Hill play?

He's not that bad of a passer. He can be very efficient. If they can get the running game and short passing game going, they'll be really hard to get off the field.

I think you're simply underestimating the Saints. I've seen Hill play twice and he's not terrible like people are acting. He's not Tim Tebow.
Would you quit gobbling on Taysom Hill's cock! :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Would you quit gobbling on Taysom Hill's cock! :-)
Stop being foolish.

That's not what I'm doing at all.

I started this whole fucking conversation with "I would NOT say I'm impressed."

I'm not going to trash somebody that is capable of winning games. I'm not going to act like the Chiefs are going to crush the Saints because Hill sucks.

If the Chiefs lose this game, you're going to look like a giant moron.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:17 AM 12-09-2020
If the Chiefs lose this game, you're going to look like a giant moron.
The Chiefs don't lose games to good opponents.
They lose when they underestimate a team.

They won't do that with the Saints.

I'm worried about the Dolphins.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 162
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
Up