ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1125 of 3903
« First < 12562510251075111511211122112311241125 112611271128112911351175122516252125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:17 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
My local Hy-Vee has arrows throughout the store now directing traffic so that each aisle is one way only. I like it as it seemed to help prevent bunching in the aisles and being forced to walk between or around other people so much.
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I was in a Hy-Vee like that yesterday. I hated it.
I went to Wal-Mart today. They were only allowing people in and out on the grocery side. They were counting people and were only allowing so many in the store at a time.
There were not arrows or any of that directional shopping. I would hate that bullshit also.
On the good side, there was pallets of all the different types and sizes of water. The store was 90% back to normal. The soup aisle was pretty thin and the biscuit area was pretty thin. Shelves were full of TP, paper towels and baby wipes. No Lysol disinfectant but most of the other cleaners were there.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:18 PM 04-05-2020
That was better than the Queens message today.
Which was dam good to.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:20 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Thats what I googled. :-) Thanks for providing the quote
I’m not going to get shit. So the details don’t matter to me.

But, I’d bet money that 90% of Americans thought when this was signed that it was free money with no strings attached. Because that’s how it was sold.

Not some complicated sliding scale involving different tax years. Depending on which side of the complex formulas your financials land on whether you get to keep your money or not.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:21 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m not going to get shit. So the details don’t matter to me.

But, I’d bet money that 90% of Americans thought when this was signed that it was free money with no strings attached. Because that’s how it was sold. Not some complicated sliding scale involving different tax years. Depending on which side of the complex formulas your financials land on whether you get to keep your money or not.
Nothing in that is complicated. They give you a tax credit next year. They advance it now...
[Reply]
Al Bundy 03:25 PM 04-05-2020

JUST IN: A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for COVID-19, in what is believed to be the first known infection in an animal in the U.S. or a tiger anywhere. DETAILS: https://t.co/lXCiELm63e

— FOX 13 Tampa Bay (@FOX13News) April 5, 2020

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:29 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Carole ****ing Baskin.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:33 PM 04-05-2020
New York has first daily drop in coronavirus deaths, Cuomo announces, as military heads to NYC

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...ath-drop-cuomo
[Reply]
stevieray 03:34 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
That was better than the Queens message today.
Which was dam good to.
:-)

you'll like this!

six by eight feet!
Attached: outlaw1.jpg (82.3 KB) 
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:34 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Cmon, ya'll..please don't fight over this. I was only responding to BCD and the anstyness(lol) some are feeling out there, because I can relate.

I appreciate all the sentiments, and I'm a pretty positive guy....you have to be to be in my line of work...so I appreciate the encouragement. If I wasn't tad bit nervous, something would be off.

But don't take that wrong . I'm extremely grateful that I've even made it this far. I chased the American dream, and I kicked its ass. I took a God given talent, brought joy to others with that talent,.supported a family and allowed my wife to be a stay at home mom. I've had INCREDIBLE opportunities and experiences, meeting some absolutely downright amazing people. I have no regrets. This was the path I chose and I've been greatly rewarded.

That said, it kicked my ass too. Sleepness nights in the beginning, wondering where the next job would come from, with the weight of Jupiter of fear of letting my young family down. barely getting through..taking deposits and paying bills before a brush hit the wall. And of course thunderous barrages of work that ultimately, now that I look back..the ups and downs were thrilling to go through. It taught me patience, perseverance, persistence and humility.

It made me a better man.

That said, if it is over, I welcome the next chapter of my life, whatever it may be. I never even saw this career coming. :-)

Every job needs to be done, and done well. From janitor to CEO.

I'm confident there are very smart people trying to get a hold of this

The best we can do for now is edify each other , and not tear each other down.

Thanks again.
being able to use a natural talent that you enjoy to provide for your family, that’s gotta rock.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:34 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Carole ****ing Baskin.

[Reply]
Bearcat 03:40 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I went to Wal-Mart today. They were only allowing people in and out on the grocery side. They were counting people and were only allowing so many in the store at a time.
There were not arrows or any of that directional shopping. I would hate that bullshit also.
On the good side, there was pallets of all the different types and sizes of water. The store was 90% back to normal. The soup aisle was pretty thin and the biscuit area was pretty thin. Shelves were full of TP, paper towels and baby wipes. No Lysol disinfectant but most of the other cleaners were there.
Costco and WalMart are both limiting so many people at a time around here... it's been encouraging to see there haven't been huge lines in the past couple weekends. The hoarders have hoarded, everyone else has gotten what they need, shelves are being restocked... and perhaps the hoarders have calmed their tits.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:42 PM 04-05-2020

CORONAVIRUS
D.C. RESIDENTS PACKED IN LIKE SARDINES
... Shopping For Crab

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/05/washi...al-distancing/

A super-popular weekend spot in the nation's capital was super dangerous Saturday, when crowds of people swarmed into a relatively tight space, squarely violating social distancing rules.

Check out the pic of the Wharf, where lots of locals descend to buy fresh seafood ... especially crab legs and shrimp.

D.C. has a stay-at-home order, but people are allowed to go out and shop. Problem here ... they're WAY too close together. Notice the sign, warning people to stay 6 feet apart.

Some are wearing masks ... but most aren't.

It's actually pretty incredible because at this point you have to be living under a rock not to understand the need to keep your distance.

The Deputy Mayor shut the market down Saturday night.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:43 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And what's with all this "people are going to get sick of being locked up" nonsense?

We've been on Lockdown in LA for more than three weeks and I haven't heard or seen anyone say "I'm sick of this!".

If anything, people have been completely understanding about this situation and want to do anything possible to make sure we're safe, even if that means 60 or 90 more days of lockdown.
I'm not "sick of it" yet, but I'll get there, likely before 60 more days and definitely well before 90 days. And I thankfully don't have a bunch of kids at home driving me nuts either...those are the people who are going to crack.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:45 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I'm not "sick of it" yet, but I'll get there, likely before 60 more days and definitely well before 90 days. And I thankfully don't have a bunch of kids at home driving me nuts either...those are the people who are going to crack.
Kids can go from lots of fun to driving you nuts in minutes lol. But I’m sure you know that
[Reply]
stevieray 03:46 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Do you commission smaller works? Could you do custom work where someone sends in a photo that they want turned into a piece to be hung on a wall? Is there any way you could set up an online storefront in the interim?

It's interesting you say that, because I've been pondering going that route.
[Reply]
Page 1125 of 3903
« First < 12562510251075111511211122112311241125 112611271128112911351175122516252125 > Last »
Up