ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 53
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's also our highest drafted receiver. Excuse me for expecting more production. Excuse me for wanting him to get more playing time in year two when Sammy is injured. Guess that's too high of expectations for our top pick last year.

I don't get how "He can't be our WR2 because he's not big and physical" is really a good defense of a 2nd round pick.
Would you take James Washington from the Steelers? He was picked around the same pick a year before Hardman.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:34 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don’t think he’s ever gonna develop into more than, say, what Desean Jackson is. Which is fine, but from a 2nd rounder you’d kinda hope he’s more rounded but Jackson when healthy is a great weapon
Dude, if you can get DeSean Jackson with a later 2nd round pick you take that all day. No wonder people are complaining.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:43 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's been explained literally dozens of times in this thread.

It isn't worth discussing anymore.

If you can't understand at this point why Hardman isn't playing in place of Watkins, no amount of explaining it is going to get through to you.
I didn't read the thread but what's up with Mecole Hardman?
[Reply]
Shields68 10:45 AM 10-21-2020
My take is that teams are playing deep. Dropping 7-8 in coverage. Forcing the Chiefs to throw short over the middle. They need wr to find soft spots in coverage and to make catches in traffic. Which is really not Tyreke or Hardmans game.
[Reply]
Hydrae 11:09 AM 10-21-2020
He's also our highest drafted receiver. Excuse me for expecting more production. Excuse me for wanting him to get more playing time in year two when Sammy is injured. Guess that's too high of expectations for our top pick last year.

I don't get how "He can't be our WR2 because he's not big and physical" is really a good defense of a 2nd round pick.
It has been said many times over the years that it takes a WR 3 years to really "get" an Andy Reid offense. Hardman is only in year 2 and that without any real offseason to help him progress. If he still looks lost at times next year, then we can revisit whether we should be concerned or not.

Now, as to returning kicks, some questions may need to be asked of Toub.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Dude, if you can get DeSean Jackson with a later 2nd round pick you take that all day. No wonder people are complaining.
I just don't think people are really being level about it either way. He's not gonna be as good as Tyreek. Ever. Tyreek is a HOF'er.

Hardman likely won't ever become a well rounded WR that runs every route. If he is Jackson and excels at running goes and posts and such, thats perfectly fine.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:15 AM 10-21-2020
Hardman for John Ross straight up?
[Reply]
PHOG 11:18 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
It has been said many times over the years that it takes a WR 3 years to really "get" an Andy Reid offense. Hardman is only in year 2 and that without any real offseason to help him progress. If he still looks lost at times next year, then we can revisit whether we should be concerned or not.

Now, as to returning kicks, some questions may need to be asked of Toub.
I always thought that was the norm for any offense, not just Reids, with a few exceptions.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:40 AM 10-21-2020

He has 12 touchdowns in 22 games that's not productive?
[Reply]
Shaid 12:22 PM 10-21-2020
I'd like them to extend Pringle now before he's done anything so you get him for peanuts. He's clearly got at least enough value for a 5th WR and I think there's more ability there that we just haven't utilized yet.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:55 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don’t think he’s ever gonna develop into more than, say, what Desean Jackson is. Which is fine, but from a 2nd rounder you’d kinda hope he’s more rounded but Jackson when healthy is a great weapon
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
This is actually a good way to look at it.

In his prime, Desean Jackson was one of the most prolific deep threats of all time. Looking at his career stats, he's crossed the 10,000 receiving yards mark, 55 receiving TDs, dangerous return man. He never really developed into a complete WR, but I suppose you'd have to be happy if Hardman's career production ended up looking like Jackson's..
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:07 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:10 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
God damn I'd be pissed lol.
[Reply]
wazu 01:13 PM 10-21-2020
DeSean Jackson's second year in the league he had 1,156 yards and 9 TDs. Would we be happy if Mecole is DeSean Jackson? Of course we would. But I've seen zero signs that make me believe that's the case. Right now the closer example for me might be Tedd Ginn.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
DeSean Jackson's second year in the league he had 1,156 yards and 9 TDs. Would we be happy if Mecole is DeSean Jackson? Of course we would. But I've seen zero signs that make me believe that's the case. Right now the closer example for me might be Tedd Ginn.
Would you take James Washington?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 53
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up