ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 53
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
-King- 10:44 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I never thought he was going to replace Watkins. I can tell by looking at him that he's not even remotely the same kind of player.
So just by that token, why are you surprised that people are disappointed that the Chiefs top pick last year can't even be our #2 even with the current #2 injured? If he was as good of a WR as we all hoped he'd be in year 2, Reid would find more ways to get him more reps and more snaps, no matter how different he is from Sammy Watkins.
[Reply]
-King- 10:46 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
Sammy Watkins was drafted 4th overall in the 2014 draft.
At various times in his career he's been an absolute unstoppable beast.
His injuries have largely interrupted his continued ascendancy into the highest tiers of receiver.
He's huge, he's quick, he plays angry, runs excellent routes, sticky hands, and has enormous heart and courage on the football field.

Yeh, sure, 2nd year 2nd round pick Mecole Hardman should have been able to just take over this year from Watkins.:-)
I mean...yeah. There were plenty of people that thought last year was Sammy's last year with us. Especially like you say, he's extremely injury prone. If Hardman had developed better, it would have been the right choice to let Sammy go and run Hardman as our WR2.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
So just by that token, why are you surprised that people are disappointed that the Chiefs top pick last year can't even be our #2 even with the current #2 injured? If he was as good of a WR as we all hoped he'd be in year 2, Reid would find more ways to get him more reps and more snaps, no matter how different he is from Sammy Watkins.
It's been explained literally dozens of times in this thread.

It isn't worth discussing anymore.

If you can't understand at this point why Hardman isn't playing in place of Watkins, no amount of explaining it is going to get through to you.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:56 PM 10-20-2020
I never saw him as much more than a slot receiver when he was drafted, and that's exactly what his role is and will likely continue to be. Unless you're lining up in 11, 10, 20, or 0 personnel, the likelihood of him seeing the field is minuscule. Even running out of 11 personnel regularly in a matchup, I'd put him being on the field at 50% and that's only to keep the defense from identifying a trend. I'd be curious to know if anyone has to the actual number of snaps he's playing by personnel grouping.
[Reply]
-King- 10:57 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's been explained literally dozens of times in this thread.

It isn't worth discussing anymore.

If you can't understand at this point why Hardman isn't playing in place of Watkins, no amount of explaining it is going to get through to you.
I get it. Reid isn't an idiot though. He isn't a one track kind of guy. He knows how to adjust to talent. If Hardman had the talent right now to be a good WR2, he wouldn't get less snaps than Robinson just because Robinson is bigger and more physical. Reid would just adjust to take better advantage of Hardmans strengths and make the offense reliant on having a Sammy type WR.
[Reply]
flinchfree 11:06 PM 10-20-2020
I mean...yeah. There were plenty of people that thought last year was Sammy's last year with us. Especially like you say, he's extremely injury prone. If Hardman had developed better, it would have been the right choice to let Sammy go and run Hardman as our WR2.
I think all you're really saying is he hasn't met the expectations you'd HOPED he would meet. I get it, we all hope every draft pick is Reek and just explodes from the jump or close to it.
But overthinking it for a second year player on a team loaded with offensive weapons that a QB and his coach have trust in in the biggest of moments - is tough. They don't feel the need to showcase MH, they feel the need to find the quickest point to winning. At this minute, against the opposition defenses they scout week to week, he isn't getting much force feeding and I don't see any problem with that.
The team is just traveling right now and still winning. With a mish mash of substitute OL no less.
Think you'll see everyone gearing up as we turn the corner into the second half of the season.
If Mecole can't find a consistent role by the end of the year, he'll be given work to do by the staff over the off season and he'll either get there or he won't.
Either way, WE'RE STILL THE CHIEFS AND WE HAVE PATRICK MAHOMES.:-).
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:13 PM 10-20-2020
I don't think he sucks. But he's not playing how any of us thought he'd play in his second year. I'm 100% sure even you thought he'd be able to take over for Watkins this year once it was clear Hill was staying on the team. I mean you're in this very thread arguing that he CANT be our WR2 even with our current #2 injured so I don't get how you can be surprised that people are disappointed with his development.

I'm sure you wouldn't have predicted and would have been ok with the fact that he's be on pace for 517 yards right now.
517? Terrible. Hes not even the #2 WR. Watkins has been the #2 here season 1 he had 519 yards last year he had 673.

Conleys career high as a Chief 44 catches 530 yards.
Maclin 2016 44 catches 596 yards.

Hardman in 22 games has as many TDs as Maclin did as a Chief and more touchdowns than Conleys whole career as a Chief.

You keep arguing snaps which has already been explained. His production hasnt been a problem so how can you even begin to question the pick?

Again what the hell are we even arguing here? His production has been just as good as any other Chief not named Hill.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:19 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
517? Terrible. Hes not even the #2 WR. Watkins has been the #2 here season 1 he had 519 yards last year he had 673.

Again what the hell are we even arguing here? His production has been just as good as any other Chief not named Hill.
I agree that he's adequately productive in his role. I don't foresee an opportunity for him to change that role though, really, unless something happened with Hill but even that could be pushing it. That may be why many are a little upset at this point, or so it seems, that the Chiefs spent a 2nd round pick on a player that may never be more than a slot option.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:23 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I agree that he's adequately productive in his role. I don't foresee an opportunity for him to change that role though, really, unless something happened with Hill but even that could be pushing it. That may be why many are a little upset at this point, or so it seems, that the Chiefs spent a 2nd round pick on a player that may never be more than a slot option.
If hes a pro bowl returner and gets you 5-10 TDs that's great in Reids system regardless of where he lines up at.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:19 AM 10-21-2020
Just listening to Hardman talk, He seems to be a little slow between the ears. He will be worth his keep when he finally has his eureka moment.

Just my opinion.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:40 AM 10-21-2020

Hardman in 22 games has as many TDs as Maclin did as a Chief and more touchdowns than Conleys whole career as a Chief.

You keep arguing snaps which has already been explained. His production hasnt been a problem so how can you even begin to question the pick?

It isn't worth your time man. People's expectations are way out of whack. It's CP, let them complain.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:47 AM 10-21-2020
The good news about Hardman is we still have two more years on his rookie contract!

All is good.
[Reply]
-King- 08:52 AM 10-21-2020

He's also our highest drafted receiver. Excuse me for expecting more production. Excuse me for wanting him to get more playing time in year two when Sammy is injured. Guess that's too high of expectations for our top pick last year.

I don't get how "He can't be our WR2 because he's not big and physical" is really a good defense of a 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
O.city 09:51 AM 10-21-2020
I don’t think he’s ever gonna develop into more than, say, what Desean Jackson is. Which is fine, but from a 2nd rounder you’d kinda hope he’s more rounded but Jackson when healthy is a great weapon
[Reply]
Dante84 09:56 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
Just listening to Hardman talk, He seems to be a little slow between the ears. He will be worth his keep when he finally has his eureka moment.

Just my opinion.
I think he's super immature based on how he interacts on social, and anytime the camera is around.

Chris Jones is pretty silly, too, but I think he just likes being goofy; Hardman has a bit of a narcissistic, look-at-me flare.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 53
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up