Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
BWillie 11:13 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
So...you posted this yesterday :

But this today :

you're just now having one?

Next you're going to tell us that Popeye's makes a mean fish sandwich.
Facepalm. I was talking about the majority of their menu vs CFA. By far and large Popeyes is a traditional recipe fried chicken place, whereas CFA is not. The allure of CFA is their chicken quite frankly is one of a kind. There isn't really another place that has a similar style.

As far as the Popeyes chicken sandwich, I just had both the spicy and regular and it was a little above average. I'm confused why it would be compared to the CFA style though. The Popeyes one has tons of breading on it, like many others places chicken sandwiches. CFA chicken has much less breading and has a different texture. I did like Popeyes spicy one best and think that beats CFAs spicy version, but they aren't as similar to each other as I thought they would be.

Very smart marketing by Popeyes though. I suspect they got in good with many social media influencers to push a nice guerilla type marketing campaign....which really is the smart way to do it nowadays. And CFA is ripe for the picking because so many people in 2019 now base their consumer choices on things other than direct utility.
[Reply]
notorious 11:14 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Facepalm. I was talking about the majority of their menu vs CFA. By far and large Popeyes is a traditional recipe fried chicken place, whereas CFA is not. The allure of CFA is their chicken quite frankly is one of a kind. There isn't really another place that has a similar style.

As far as the Popeyes chicken sandwich, I just had both the spicy and regular and it was a little above average. I'm confused why it would be compared to the CFA style though. The Popeyes one has tons of breading on it, like many others places chicken sandwiches. CFA chicken has much less breading and has a different texture. I did like Popeyes spicy one best and think that beats CFAs spicy version, but they aren't similar to each other as I thought they would be.

Freddy's has a very close copy.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:22 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:

As far as the Popeyes chicken sandwich, I just had both the spicy and regular and it was a little above average. I'm confused why it would be compared to the CFA style though. The Popeyes one has tons of breading on it, like many others places chicken sandwiches. CFA chicken has much less breading and has a different texture. I did like Popeyes spicy one best and think that beats CFAs spicy version, but they aren't as similar to each other as I thought they would be.

Very smart marketing by Popeyes though. I suspect they got in good with many social media influencers to push a nice guerilla type marketing campaign....which really is the smart way to do it nowadays. And CFA is ripe for the picking because so many people in 2019 now base their consumer choices on things other than direct utility.
I agree. The marketing is awesome and smart. I see a lot of fast food places doing this compared to old age tv ads
[Reply]
Mecca 04:31 PM 08-22-2019
You know what's good for fries? Tartar sauce.
[Reply]
srvy 04:48 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A french fry should be able to stand on its own. But I do love to dip them in BBQ sauce when eating Que.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:07 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
A french fry should be able to stand on its own. But I do love to dip them in BBQ sauce when eating Que.
Disagree, even at the best fries shine most as dippers.

They're effing potatoes. That's like saying pasta should stand on its own without pasta sauce or seafood or meat or cheese.

Best fries around are Red Robin planks. But they're even better with Campfire sauce.
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:36 PM 08-22-2019

Hmm...I can't say I'm not intrigued.

Personally, I love jalapeno flavored ketchup on fries.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 05:38 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:

I keep seeing it when we go to the store, you are saying its not the worst thing youve had? now Im intrigued
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:42 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Hmm...I can't say I'm not intrigued.

After Red Robin Campfire sauce, its a dead heat between Steak'nShake honey mustard and Culver's honey mustard. Both very different honey mustards, both delicious in their own right.
[Reply]
seclark 06:19 PM 08-22-2019
Damn you Mecca, I just started to accept you, and you plug tartar sauce.
Sec
[Reply]
Lprechaun 05:33 PM 08-22-2019
Popeyes or Churchs? Actually never had Popeyes, last time I had Churchs it came in a black box with orange letters.
Guess this means I got to try this sandwich
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:34 PM 08-22-2019
Gonna try it tonight.
[Reply]
kevrunner 06:48 PM 08-22-2019
I’ve tried to eat at my local Popeyes for the past 2 days, both times there looked like 15 cars in the drive thru and there were extremely long lines inside. I’ll might give it another try tomorrow.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:59 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I’ve tried to eat at my local Popeyes for the past 2 days, both times there looked like 15 cars in the drive thru and there were extremely long lines inside. I’ll might give it another try tomorrow.
I remember when the first Popeyes opened near Great Lakes Naval Base back in the late 80s. I had never heard of it, but there were plenty of people stationed there who had. For the better part of the first month it was open, the lines for the drive thru were out on the street. It was insane.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:13 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I remember when the first Popeyes opened near Great Lakes Naval Base back in the late 80s. I had never heard of it, but there were plenty of people stationed there who had. For the better part of the first month it was open, the lines for the drive thru were out on the street. It was insane.
Never had Popeyes until I arrived at Ft Stewart GA in 1989. Loved it. Love the biscuits, the chicken is solid.

Either Popeyes has changed or my taste has but the last few times I have been there years ago, not been good.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up