Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:34 PM 09-08-2018
Welp I am officially done with these fucking morons for the season.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:39 PM 09-08-2018
Shildt is a fucking fraud. Better than Matheny, but a fraud nonetheless. No execuse to keep going to Norris in these situations. He's lost three games for this team in six days.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:07 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Shildt is a fucking fraud. Better than Matheny, but a fraud nonetheless. No execuse to keep going to Norris in these situations. He's lost three games for this team in six days.
no excuse. This is total BS. You have other options.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:18 PM 09-10-2018
Wainwright still sucks? Who would have thought.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:22 PM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Wainwright still sucks? Who would have thought.
No one could have seen this coming. :-)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:48 PM 09-10-2018
BIG FUCKING CITY!!
[Reply]
kcpasco 09-10-2018, 08:53 PM
This message has been deleted by kcpasco.
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:14 PM 09-10-2018
My heart cannot take this shit.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:26 PM 09-10-2018
Brewers just beat the Cubs again. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:07 PM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
My heart cannot take this shit.
yeah they had to get on a winning streak to get themselfs in position to compete for the playoffs. Then the inevitable back to earth patch happened. Now they have 18 games left. They are going to have to earn a spot in the WC. Any wins from here on out are great.

We throw Flaherty in the WC game, we got a “real” chance at winning. That’s more fun that I could have thought possible 6 weeks ago.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:33 PM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah they had to get on a winning streak to get themselfs in position to compete for the playoffs. Then the inevitable back to earth patch happened. Now they have 18 games left. They are going to have to earn a spot in the WC. Any wins from here on out are great.

We throw Flaherty in the WC game, we got a “real” chance at winning. That’s more fun that I could have thought possible 6 weeks ago.
It would be a tough call between Flaherty and Mikolas in the WC.
[Reply]
VAChief 06:29 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Brewers just beat the Cubs again. :-)
That's a shame. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:47 AM 09-11-2018
It would be a tough call between Flaherty and Mikolas in the WC.
Chris Carpenter told Mo he wanted to work with individual pitchers instead of these clinics or talks he had been doing for the team in the minors. Mo asked Carpenter which pitchers he would like to work with. He only said one name, Flaherty. Mo asked why. Carp said because I see a lot of myself in him.

Flaherty was talking with Bob Gibson on an old timers day. He was asking about his slider. A friendship began. Flaherty seeks counsel from Gibson all the time now since Gibson gave him his personal phone number. Gibson told him he watches all the games. Flaherty asked if he can call him after the game about pitch choices during the game and how he would have approached that at bat. First time he has given his number to a pitcher. When asked why he said, I see myself in him.

No, Flaherty has not reached his full potential but he's ready to take the ball in a winner take all game. Two of the greatest bulldog pitchers in our history think so, I'm with them.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:28 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Chris Carpenter told Mo he wanted to work with individual pitchers instead of these clinics or talks he had been doing for the team in the minors. Mo asked Carpenter which pitchers he would like to work with. He only said one name, Flaherty. Mo asked why. Carp said because I see a lot of myself in him.

Flaherty was talking with Bob Gibson on an old timers day. He was asking about his slider. A friendship began. Flaherty seeks counsel from Gibson all the time now since Gibson gave him his personal phone number. Gibson told him he watches all the games. Flaherty asked if he can call him after the game about pitch choices during the game and how he would have approached that at bat. First time he has given his number to a pitcher. When asked why he said, I see myself in him.

No, Flaherty has not reached his full potential but he's ready to take the ball in a winner take all game. Two of the greatest bulldog pitchers in our history think so, I'm with them.
Just because they think he will be great doesn’t mean he’s ready for that yet. Carpenter wasn’t the same guy in Toronto that he was his last few years here.

I’m also not trying to be overly argumentative because I wouldn’t have a problem with either. A lot of it will depend how the rotation falls because I doubt we have a spot clinched going into the last weekend against the Cubs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 09-11-2018
Just because they think he will be great doesn’t mean he’s ready for that yet. Carpenter wasn’t the same guy in Toronto that he was his last few years here.

I’m also not trying to be overly argumentative because I wouldn’t have a problem with either. A lot of it will depend how the rotation falls because I doubt we have a spot clinched going into the last weekend against the Cubs.
6 weeks ago I think it's probably a close question. 2 weeks from now it could be again.

But Mikolas is a guy that pitches backwards and has to do crafty righty stuff. Teams can/will eventually adjust to that. Moreover, he just looks like he's a little tired right now.

Meanwhile Flaherty can just come right at you and beat you with raw stuff. That's how you win in the post-season. Better still, Flaherty - at least right now - doesn't appear to be tiring.

Obviously things could change between now and then. Frankly, we may not have the luxury of setting up our rotation and maybe Gomber has to take the start. But if I could set up my rotation any way I wanted for the WC game, it would be Flaherty without question.
[Reply]
VAChief 10:10 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
6 weeks ago I think it's probably a close question. 2 weeks from now it could be again.

But Mikolas is a guy that pitches backwards and has to do crafty righty stuff. Teams can/will eventually adjust to that. Moreover, he just looks like he's a little tired right now.

Meanwhile Flaherty can just come right at you and beat you with raw stuff. That's how you win in the post-season. Better still, Flaherty - at least right now - doesn't appear to be tiring.

Obviously things could change between now and then. Frankly, we may not have the luxury of setting up our rotation and maybe Gomber has to take the start. But if I could set up my rotation any way I wanted for the WC game, it would be Flaherty without question.
Matheny would have gone with Gant..."because he has the hot bat right now."
[Reply]
Page 243 of 301
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Up