ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 791
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132532 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 02:26 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You have $7M in dead money you have to account for, I believe.
He's got a 21 mil hit if you keep him, you gain 14 mil in space cutting him. Couple that with Fords cap hit you're losing a million dollars.

Look at how they set up Hitchens and Watkins.

They could sign whoever they wanted with that
[Reply]
O.city 02:27 PM 02-19-2019
Those couple of guys aren't going to be Tre Flowers, Landon Collins, or any of that though.

You're talking about 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Your one marquis free agent for the offseason is Dee Ford.
Nah. I mean, ideally those are the free agents you'd sign anyway as that's wehre you can get value.

They need the top tier guys in the draft anyway.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah. I mean, ideally those are the free agents you'd sign anyway as that's wehre you can get value.

They need the top tier guys in the draft anyway.
I don't disagree.

But look at the scenarios being tossed around.

Keep Ford, keep Houston, trade for Collins, sign this guy and that guy.

It isn't happening. This isn't Madden. Only one or two of things will likely happen. Only one or two of those things is even possible.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02-19-2019, 02:31 PM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red. Reason: Mis-read
O.city 02:36 PM 02-19-2019
I don't disagree.

It isn't happening. This isn't Madden. Only one or two of things will likely happen. Only one or two of those things is even possible.
Yeah, they aren't gonna do that much.

It's either keep everyone sign no one, keep some sign some etc.

I think they'll be aggressive and i'm excited to see what they do.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:36 PM 02-19-2019
I think it’s pretty obvious that Speaks was drafted to replace Houston. There is a small disparity between their run defense and Speaks did flash some pass rush ability. I think it’s a no brainer to go with Speaks in a system he is familiar with as a DE instead of an OLB.

I’m all for signing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier players in FA to build up depth and have decent play out there. If we can sign one bigger name FA (Honey Badger) I’m all for it.

We got quality play out of Jordan Lucas, Derrick Nnandi, Charvarious Ward and (to a lesser extent) sometimes getting some decent play from Breeland Speaks, DOD and Watts.

This defense was good enough to go to the Super Bowl. The problem was 90% Bob Sutton.
[Reply]
O.city 02:37 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think it’s pretty obvious that Speaks was drafted to replace Houston. There is a small disparity between their run defense and Speaks did flash some pass rush ability. I think it’s a no brainer to go with Speaks in a system he is familiar with as a DE instead of an OLB.

I’m all for signfing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier players in FA to build up depth and have decent play out there. If we can sign one bigger name FA (Honey Badger) I’m all for it.

We got quality play out of Jordan Lucas, Derrick Nnandi, Charvarious Ward and (to a lesser extent) sometimes getting some decent play from Breeland Speaks, DOD and Watts.

This defense was good enough to go to the Super Bowl. The problem was 90% Bob Sutton.
I'm not gonna underrate Houston to justify moving on. He's still really fucking good but sometimes you've gotta make tough decisions.

Speaks isn't close to Houston, but again in a capped league, sometimes you have to make due.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:38 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I’m all for signing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier players in FA to build up depth and have decent play out there. If we can sign one bigger name FA (Honey Badger) I’m all for it.

This defense was good enough to go the Super Bowl even WITH Bob Sutton. The Fifteen Million Dollar Man just needed to line up onside.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:34 PM 02-19-2019
I don't disagree.

Only way they can trade for Collins is with ford IMO.
[Reply]
-King- 03:47 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Only way they can trade for Collins is with ford IMO.
What about using our extra 2nd?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:48 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
We need 2 CBs, a safety, a SLB, and probably another edge rusher. Not even getting into OL and WR. We don't really have enough draft picks even with that extra 2nd.
[Reply]
-King- 03:50 PM 02-19-2019
We need 2 CBs, a safety, a SLB, and probably another edge rusher. Not even getting into OL and WR. We don't really have enough draft picks even with that extra 2nd.
We wouldn't need to draft a safety anymore if we traded for Collins.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:51 PM 02-19-2019
We wouldn't need to draft a safety anymore if we traded for Collins.
Yeah, we'd still need a starting FS. Collins is a SS.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:52 PM 02-19-2019
I don't think that's enough in their opinions. They wanted 2 2s last year
[Reply]
BossChief 03:58 PM 02-19-2019
What in his history suggests he won't miss at least a handful of games?

Do you think the human body gets stronger the older it gets and the more abuse it takes?

How many injuries does a guy have to have before people realize his body is flawed somehow?
He’s only had 1 season out of 5 where he missed more than 2 games...what makes you think he will miss “a handful of games”?

I asked him a few questions at camp face to face and he told me his back never felt better and the surgery went perfectly. He had no back problems all year, was extremely disruptive, caused tons of turnovers and had to be gameplanned for. The longer he goes without issues, the stronger his back will become as he builds core strength.

Is it possible the back problems become an issue going forward? Yes, of course.

The truth is, after 5 years in the NFL EVERY SINGLE PLAYER has an injury that might resurface.
[Reply]
-King- 04:00 PM 02-19-2019
Yeah, we'd still need a starting FS. Collins is a SS.
And we'd still need both if we didn't trade for Collins. I don't understand the point your trying to make. Either way we're going to spend the picks.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 791
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132532 > Last »
Up